Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

That time line sounds about right. On Monday, I will schedule my appt. with Dr. Choban and get my appt. set with the Psych., nutitionist, and the sleep study. It sounds like what you are saying the sleep study takes the longest to get through. Like everyone, I am excited to get started.

I know this sounds stupid too, but I am right at 35 BMI, I am afraid if I loss any weight now (before I see any of the doctors) they might turn me away. Do they do an offical weigh-in? Since I am in a very motivated frame of mind, I could try to loss some now.

I think this is really the most helpful Thread, since we are in the same region.

Lynn:cool:

I'd say if you have your Insurance approval now, that anything you lose before surgery is a bonus. If you don't have your insurance approval, I think I'd purposely try to stay around the 35 BMI since that is the requirement a bunch of insurance companies have. I didn't have that problem due to a high BMI ...would like to be at 35 someday soon!

Special K - I saw Dr. Price on May 2 for my post op. All is well. Weight lost is 12 pounds in 2.5 weeks. He said that Dr. Choban will take it from here on out. "Judy" will schedule my first fill. Should I call in a week if I don't hear from anyone?

Grammy in Columbus

If Dr. Price's nurse Judy was there with him in the office, he pretty much tells her to put you in for the fill appointment with Dr. Choban and if you don't hear in a week, I would call and leave Judy a message that you are waiting on confirmation of your first fill with fluroscopy and give her the date (a Tuesday) that you're hoping it will be (6 weeks out from your surgery date is the minimum they will do one).

Fill tomorrow. Finally!!! I am so happy that I could wet myself! Okay, not really, but you know what I mean!

I see that Suecasb is in for a fill tomorrow, anyone else? What time? I would love to have someone to talk to while waiting!

Hi everyone and welcome to the "newbies" as we have all been at the newbie stage before. I am feeling much restriction with my second fill and having success on the scale!!:thumbup: After spending a weekend in Newport KY and doing all the fun things down there i actually lost a pound. Instead of a 1/2 rack of ribs i had 3 bones and some baked potato and i was done. Usually it would have been an appetizer, bread and salad along with the ribs + 3 glasses of ice tea!! I'm really satisfied with my eating but can't amagine having more saline right now. Seems like sometimes i'm having trouble getting stuff down without discomfort.

Anyway enough about me so happy for all of our success stories and support!!

OK, I have appointments scheduled 5-7-08 to 5-29-08).

Psych eval,

nutrition one on one and surgical nutition

sleep study

and finally Dr. Choban

I am self pay so no insurance issue (less loops! more cash!)

I am hopful for a June sugery date (turn 50 June 8th) What a great birthday present.

How much time off work do all of you take:teeth_smile:? I have a great pain tolerance.

Special K: Judy (Dr. Price's nurse) called tonight and I am scheduled for my first fill on Tuesday, May 27. Can't wait! Should I bring someone with me?

Grammy in Columbus

Grammy in Columbus, my daughter went with me and watched the procedure on a monitor just out side of the room. I like having someone along for moral support....and of course we went shopping afterwards, so that made it fun. You don't need anyone with you though, I just don't like doing things alone.

First fill today as well. Sue, I was right behind you! They called you a few minutes after I walked in. I was also in the little hold room when you were finishing up. I just mised you!

I have to admit, even though the fill wasn't painful, I hated the pressure sensation. And when she pulled the needle out, feeling it pop out of the port was freaky!

I am a bit disappointed though, I only got 2.5 cc's. She tried 3, and said that it was overfilled. I hope that this is all I needed, I have been really struggling with hunger. Say a prayer for my 2.5!!!!!!

Special K: Judy (Dr. Price's nurse) called tonight and I am scheduled for my first fill on Tuesday, May 27. Can't wait! Should I bring someone with me?

Grammy in Columbus

Most of us that were at the First Fill party...hee hee... on April 29 were each alone when we came and we just sat and talked in the waiting room until it was our turn to go in. Before you know it, its over. So, my opinion is I'd go alone...I went back to work after doing this on my lunch hour with nobody at work the wiser of what I'd been up to over lunch. No pain, no reason not to go to work.

Welll tonight was the first time I had to go out with a group for a business dinner and they had picked Buca di Peppo's Italian in the Arena District - which I love the food -- and they serve huge giant portions family style. Everyone overeats so I knew this wasn't going to be easy to get through.

Everyone started off with Chianti wine and I ordered Lemonade! I just felt funny not ordering something to drink but then I drank alot of it right before the meal part came which is a rule breaker (#1).

Then we had a salad course and two pizzas to share among 11 of us - I had 1 piece of pizza and ate mostly the pepperoni off the top and just a little bit of crust and it was so good. I haven't tasted pizza since pre-surgery diet before March 3rd--2 months without pizza. :)

Then two huge family servings of spaghetti and meatballs and chicken parmesan to share among 11 of us. I ate as small amount of salad as I could to save room for the meal and picked off a piece of meatball (they are softball sized meatballs!!) and about a 2"x3" piece of the chicken and some spaghetti. I was eating small bits of the meatball and chicken very slowly, trying to remember to chew, chew while talking business and laughing...something I haven't had to do since surgery to talk and eat at the same time and not forget to swallow a big bite of something. About 2/3 of the way thru, I got that pressure feeling warning me to stop. I finished about 2 more little bites of chicken and left all the spaghetti noodles go.

I added up my calorie total for today and its over the top... lunch and Snacks for business meetings too earlier --very disappointed that I ate so much but I tried to make the best choices I could each step of the way. In the past, I would have left that restaurant like so many others as very overstuffed--as in "roll me to the car". As we walked to our cars, I realized I felt full and satisfied but not stuffed and no pressure sensation so I must have stopped at an okay point. I am really surprised I could eat this much just a week after my first fill but I wonder if I was drinking the lemonade with my meal helping to push the food along--rule breaker #2.

Next time, hopefully the business dinner will be somewhere that I order my own meal and don't feel group pressure to eat.

Lisa, I got 2.5 cc's ,as well, and was worried that it wouldn't be enough. But it's made a BIG difference the last week. It's tight in the morning and I don't feel like eating until about 9 or 10. And when I eat lunch or dinner, the full feeling lasts for several hours. Before the band, I could eat anytime, even when I had just eaten. But with the band, the fullness actually gives you a feeling of not wanting to eat. So for me, 2.5 cc's was fine.