Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Testing Center is easy to find. Park in the attached garage (Mt. Carmel West) and the 3rd floor level has a walkway that connects you over to the hospital and you just follow the signs. The testing center itself is on that same level where you come in for the walkway (I actually think its the 2nd floor of the hospital) but I have always had to go down to the 1st floor to the Testing Center Registration - get checked in, then they sent me back up to the Testing Center itself. For a dietician appt, I don't think you'd have to do the Registration desk part.

Anyway, they've got good signs marking where to go.

Edited by SpecialK

Yes, Mt. Carmel can be a bit confusing and it doesn't help when Mid-Ohio gives you bad directions! Once you get approved and Charlene assigns your pre-admission testing and surgery dates, you will get a packet in the mail telling you when & where to report for everything, as well as where to park. When I went for my pre-admission testing, I got there early so I decided to see where I would be going for surgery. The Central Elevators are way on the opposite side of the hospital from the testing center. And the packet gives parking directions (for surgery) that are totally out-of-date. So ignore those directions. The good thing is that the final part of your pre-admission testing (after your final pre-op nutrition class with Andrea & Melissa) includes a trek upstairs for your "physical". They take everybody in your class - as a group - up to the check-in area by the central elevators. This is the same place you will check-in for surgery. Hope that helps!

Edited by gregw

Hi all!!

Kathy so glad your knee surgery went well. Haven't had much to report lately just hangin in there til I can get a fill. Greg so glad to hear that your grandbaby is healthy. Is she delivering at West or East? I work labor and Delivery at West and Nurse Niki can help you out at East. I feellike the last few days my band has been working better myabe it's just me getting used to this way of life.

Yes, I did forget about the differences between Tower Elevators and Central Elevators. The Tower Elevators is what I was referring to about the Testing Center and if you come in the Main Entrance of the hospital, its easier to access the Central Elevators which is where you drop off at the 4th floor for surgery registration. Yep, I agree the best thing to do is stop and ask someone with a Mt. Carmel badge if you're confused. That's what I did.

I got out and did an hour walk on the knee yesterday and was doing fine and even got on my riding mower to do the lawn but this a.m. I'm a little sore and stiff so I'll take it a little easier today but overall, this knee is going well.

I'm like Sarah, just hanging in there for my fill on the eating front.

Thanks for the info Greg. I like to know exactly where I'm going just in case I'm running late.

Hi Sarah!! Hang in there, not much longer til your fill.

Hi. Mondays are my weigh in days and I'm feeling pretty discouraged this a.m. as the scale is saying I'm up 4 lbs from my lowest point since surgery. Now I know it can be Fluid retention from just having knee surgery 4 days ago, but it is just so hard to see the scale go in the wrong direction. I am going to really try to buckle down hard this week and watch my calorie level and see if I can pull a weight loss by next Monday for my Fill appt then on Tuesday. I have been tracking what I'm eating really close and I'm staying about 1200-1400 calories which is where my doctor said I could be for this stage but now I'm going to try to get back closer to 1000-1200 for the next week. How about the rest of the bandsters - what are you seeing and what level of calories are you at? I have to remember that even at this rate, I'm still eating half of what I was pre-surgery days so I need to keep it in mind. I'm going to attach a graphic here I got from a March 17th bandster called Scrappy! I feel like this cartoon. Maybe jumping up and down on the scale will burn a few calories.

post-226326-13813136959213_thumb.gif

I am glad everyone is doing great. SpecialK I am so glad your sx went so swell. I am going to PM you later if I can figure it out. I know how to reply. Just haven't tried to semd one yet. lol....... I am at a standstill.. not losing but, I don't think I am gaining either. My FIL is not doing well he has been in the hospital for over a week, and we don't knoiw when he is getting out. We are going down there on the 1st. We might have to go sooner. We are trying to wait to go until I get my fill. FL has great food. lol..I am very stressed. My 2nd fill is the 29th. I think thay could max it out. My 1st fill, She put in 9ml in my 14ml band. I still have almost NO restriction. I still eat less but.........I still think what I am eating is too much. ohhhhhh.... I will check back later. I have 10 min to get to work ;)

Hi!! I am 7 days post op and 10 lb weight lost. I return to work parttime for this week. Excited about that because I was getting borded. Need to talk to people other than my two kitties. I see Dr. Price on Friday for my post-op. Is his office ALWAYS that crowded??

Have a great day.

Grammy in Columbus

Grammy-->Yes, it seems the Dr. office is always very very busy but I've never felt rushed when it was my turn to get to see him. I'm a cat-mom too of 2 kitties!

sorry Nikki a few more days to go. I get to go on Thurs. woohoo. For some reason 3cc isn't enough for me. I still can't eat pre-surgery amounts but some days i feel like if I don't stop myself i could eat that much. Hang in there and I hope your fill goes well. My first one was easy. I just hope this one helps a little more.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone add to their tag signature line how many fills they are on and how many cc's each fill and total cc's.

It is funny to see really how fast in 2008 we all went from clamoring for Insurance Approval (January) to clamoring for a Surgery Date (February), then First Fill...(April) aren't we the smiling bunch ... due to losing weight finally and forever!

Hi Everyone-

I have not been on in a while, but nothing has changed. I did find out that I have sleep apnea and now I have a nice little machine by my bed. I also just met with Dr. Choban today and she is going to dictate my letter for the insurance. The question I have is does the office (Charlene) call you to let you know that the paperwork has been filed to your insurance or do you have to call them?

Thanks in advance.