Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hi all, Sounds like there'll be a whole slew of us lining up for fills later this month. ... An update on my daughter and baby-on-the-way: she didn't have an amnio, as they thought it would be too invasive. Instead, she went to Mt. Carmel and had a special high-resolution ultrasound done. They took a whole bunch of pictures and measurements. Bottom line is they saw nothing abnormal. She also had some bloodwork done. The prognosis is: she is very low risk for Down Syndrome. Thanks to everybody for the many prayers. And thanks be to God!

I was banded on April 14 at Mt Carmel, West. All went well. Yes, the fees are normal (I checked with other sites/persons). My frustration was the time it took to reach my band date. I had all my clearances completed by August 1 but the insurance denied me twice. Finally got approval on January 4.

Be encouraged. Prepare your body physically for the surgery by doing daily walks, 1800 calorie or less and two weeks post-op a full liquid diet. It will really help for a speedy recovery.

Greg, thats great news about your grand-baby-on-the-way!

SpecialK....you're right...I'm happy with my fill date, it will be here before I know it.

Hi TM, how are things going with you? :confused:

Hi all, Sounds like there'll be a whole slew of us lining up for fills later this month. ... An update on my daughter and baby-on-the-way: she didn't have an amnio, as they thought it would be too invasive. Instead, she went to Mt. Carmel and had a special high-resolution ultrasound done. They took a whole bunch of pictures and measurements. Bottom line is they saw nothing abnormal. She also had some bloodwork done. The prognosis is: she is very low risk for Down Syndrome. Thanks to everybody for the many prayers. And thanks be to God!

Greg, I'm so happy for you and your family for the answered prayers!:crying:

Be encouraged. Prepare your body physically for the surgery by doing daily walks, 1800 calorie or less and two weeks post-op a full liquid diet. It will really help for a speedy recovery.

I always enjoy seeing new bandsters joining in and saying they are doing well. Welcome! Since we are a month ahead of you, we'll let you know how to get through initial bandster hell -- when you're healed but have no restriction -- until you get fills done.

Did you post an Introduction either on the Ohio thread for that or on the main forum Introduction thread? Are you local to Columbus/Central Ohio?

We'd love to have you stop in at the group get togethers we do at Polaris Mall. Look for the May announcement under the Ohio thread.

Well folks, I have been quietly working on getting lined up for a 2nd surgery in a month - March 17th banded vs April 17th for knee arthroscopy and a meniscus tear repair on my right knee tomorrow at another Mt. Carmel - the New Albany hospital. I have to be there at 5:45 am and should be home by noon if all goes well. I've been really vocal about telling the ortho nurse, doctors, hospital staff including anesthesiologist, etc. about my lap band - NO NG (nasogastric) tube insertion without a Scope! They shouldn't need to put a tube down my throat but just in case of emergency.... I'm making sure they all know what a lapband is and what precautions to take.

I should tell you I have a cute MedicID alert Bracelet I wear that is pretty hidden of what it is. It has the normal MedicID tag under my wrist and the top of my wrist, is the decorative part with cute crystal beads. Since I drive alot by myself, live by myself and also travel overseas at different times, I felt this was just a precaution in case of an emergency but I'm enjoying having the bracelet. They do make plenty options for men as well with just a braided leather or just silver/gold.

Hi all. Darla and I attended a 11 am session with the new Mt. Carmel bariatric program dietician and she seems really nice. Her name is Andrea Czopur, ? spelling I will double check. She has worked for Mt. Carmel a combined 8 years I think she said and did a stint at Grant Medical Center as a food nutritionist too. I think the thing I liked the best was her admitting she isn't a fanatic about every bite she eats, that she emphasizes Healthy Eating, and she is encouraging us to keep a good food journal so that if we hit a plateau and are struggling to break through, she can go over things with us. Yea!

She said she watched 2 Gastric Bypass surgeries and 1 Lapband surgery this past week and has a phenomenal respect for how skilled our surgeons are! She got to see how they form the stomach pouch and how big it is so when she is telling us to stick to 1/2-1 cup servings, she knows what it looks like where its going!

I'll look up her email and phone # when I get home and post those here too.

SpecialK, good luck with your knee surgery!

Where did you find the medic ID Bracelet that you like so well?

Welcome wildercrews!

Hello everyone else!

I'm home and the knee surgery was a piece of cake. Hardest part was when the alarm went off at 4 am to get up to be ready for when my brother picked me up at 5 am to be dropped off at the hospital. I am able to already walk on it with my full weight but I'm not going to push it too much and just give it a couple days rest but maybe be out even this weekend on my riding mower! We'll see.... LOL

Well, its nap time... isn't nice to say that on what would otherwise be a work day 8-)

Here's a good laugh -- when they weighed me when they checked me in this a.m. it said I'm down 10 lbs this morning from where I was when I got weighed at the doctor's office last Friday!!!! OMG! I don't really believe it totally but even if its 5 lbs I'll be dancing a jig if I can update my ticker soon. Maybe I'll start setting my alarm clock to get up and get weighed at 5 AM if that's true---NOT!!

Edited by SpecialK

I had my follow-up today with Dr. Choban, and I am down 13 lbs from surgery! Yayyyy!

I am also way excited that I am scheduled for my first fill May 6th. She initially said May 13th, but when they called me to schedule, turns out that she is not available that day. So rather than make me wait 7 weeks, she brought me in a week early. I am totally thankfull for that, and I can not WAIT!

Also, huge NSV for me today! I bought a size 24 jean today. And they fit. Well. Not only were they 24's (most of my closet holds 26 or 28's) they were Wal-Mart 24's. Not Lane Bryant, not Avenue, real person 24's. Okay, small victory, but it feels so huge, so I am just gonna enjoy the hell out of it!

Also, Dr. Choban and I talked about our little group. I shared with her so many of our concerns, and how happy I am with the people I have met and the support that I receive from them. She thought that it was fabulous, and made the generous offer to attend one of our monthly meetings if we would like to discuss our concerns about the practice, ask questions about our recovery, anything. I thought that was really nice of her to offer. She said that any of the surgeons, nurses, or the dietician are available if we would ever like to schedule them to come and speak with us.

Glad to hear you are doing well, special k! BNLisa--glad you got you fill scheduled early-not later! How cool is that of Dr Choban to offer to meet with us! She is really a caring lady!

Good afternoon everyone!!!

I have been busy and haven't had a chance to check in with everyone lately.....

Kathy~ So glad to hear your surgery went well. My sister is having the same on May 7th. She will be happy to hear the recovery is so quick.

Thanks for the balloon, My grandaughter spent the better part of Tues. playing with it.

Greg~THANK GOD!!!! Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers and I am praising God right along with you.

Niki~ I'm sorry you couldn't make the meeting last weekend. Even though my son is grown and has a baby of his own now, he is still a momma's boy and needs his mommy if he's sick. (I love that about him)

Debbie~ It was so nice to finally talk with you face to face. Girl you look great! I am so inspired by you and your wt loss!!

Sue~ Hey girlie! I'm still here. I'm so happy things are moving along for you now. Seems like we have been waiting forever for this huh?

Hey Lisa~ WAY TO GO!! :) Down 13lbs and a real 24!!! You're doing great. BTW....What color were the jeans? I think its time for you to try some colorful things and let the black and brown (hide me) things go. :biggrin2: How about something in RED?

I think Dr. Choban is the greatest to offer to speak with the group. That shows that she really does care about people and their health, and we're not just another surgery to her. :thumbup::thumbup::frown: WTG DR. CHOBAN!!

Welcome wildercrews. This is a great group of people. You will find lots of support here.

I saw the cardiologist on Monday. He said he wants a stress test (April 24th) just to rule out any damage that may have occured d/t chemo. He thought everything looked fine beyond that:thumbup:.

I have my one on one with Andrea on the 21st at the testing center.... anyone know for sure where that is?? I have a pre~op class on May 1st from 6-8p there as well.

I am scheduled to have my surg. consult on May 13th with Dr. Miller at Mt Carmel East office. YEAH!!

I should have the check list checked off by the first of the month and just be waiting on a date I HOPE AND PRAY!!!!