Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Greg, I will keep your family in my prayers...but keep your spirits up, that test often gives false positive results! And please tell your daughter not to worry about the amino, the needle is really scary, but it doesn't hurt at ALL! I didn't even have them use the lidocane; I figured one stick was better than two!

TM, I think the fashion show this weekend will count as your support group meeting...atleast it did last year. Good luck!

Hi Greg, nice to hear from you.Yes it's safe to come back...I'm done ranting..... at least for a while. :thumbs_up: Keeping my fingers crossed for your grand baby that everything will be OK.

Greg - I missed hearing from you too. I have a ladies Bible study group I lead on Wednesdays and I will definitely raise your daughter and grandchild to these fabulous prayer warriors! We have one of our own members whose daughter was told that her pregnancy 2 years ago was at risk for Downs and she prayed daily and so did everyone who knew her and she had a wonderfully health little girl and now she is pregnant with her second baby and we're praying for her again. Add Tiffany & Jason to your prayers for the same as your daughter.

I'm so proud of myself - went to the gym 3 times last week and took a 45-60 minute walk on my lunch hour for the last 2 days to burn some calories up. Hoping I'll have a good weigh in when I see Dr. Price for my first post op appt. I'm going to ask for the same Fill Date as you're getting GREG!! Your secret's safe with me!

Take care.

Hey now...I am supposed to have a slight edge over y'all...what is up with that! LOL Just playing...The quicker we can all get a fill, the better!

Here's a new one and I'm definitely going to share this with Dr. Price when I see him in person. His office supervisor Debbie called my WORK phone # and left a detailed message about "my lapband fill appt with Dr. Price is being cancelled for this Friday as he doesn't do the fills only Dr. Miller or Dr. Choban can do one so she was just going to cancel my appt that looks like it was scheduled in error (I have been waiting 3+ weeks for my first post op surgeon check up). Not good that they put the description of what the appt was for down incorrectly and I'm afraid they've given my appt now to someone else. She said "call the office to get a fill appt when you get a chance". OMG! I have called them back and got voicemail for this Debbie who left the first message and marked it urgent and explained she cancelled my appt in error and to please reinstate the appt ASAP.

Debbie did call back about 2 hrs later and reinstated my appt with Dr. Price so all is back to where I was yesterday. I also told them not to leave private messages about health related matters on a work phone #. Duh! She said well any phone # we have for you is fair game to leave a message on unless you tell us specifically not to. I had her remove all phone #s except my cell # as ones they can contact me on.

Like I said, Dr. Price will be told about this by me for sure. Actually I was given an option to now have Dr. Miller be my Fill Dr. and I took that offer. Will let you know more once I see Dr. Price and get my first fill appt. I'm going to try to do this by May 1 as I'm starting to feel more hungry as others have mentioned but I'm still keeping to about 800-1000 calories but its getting tougher.

Edited by SpecialK

Oh my Golly K!!!! I would be so angry with that kind of message on my office voice mail. I'm an open book and everyone knows I'm gonna have WLS, but that is private medical info. As a nurse I would NEVER leave that type of info on a voice mail, WORK OR PRIVATE!! I would have simply stated my name, number to be reached at, and that you needed to contact them concerning rescheduling your appt (NOT WHAT THE APPT WAS FOR!!!!) Thats very unprofessional and I would be shouting from the roof that something needed to be done about her NOW!! T

Alright, I feel better now :}

Debbie did call back about 2 hrs later and reinstated my appt with Dr. Price so all is back to where I was yesterday. I also told them not to leave private messages about health related matters on a work phone #. Duh! She said well any phone # we have for you is fair game to leave a message on unless you tell us specifically not to. I had her remove all phone #s except my cell # as ones they can contact me on.

Kathy,

She's full of carp... I can't tell you how much trouble I'd be in if I did the same thing from my medical office... she must not pay any attention to the HIPPA laws... most places would fire someone for breaking those laws... that's how much trouble they can get in by leaving personal information on a message.

I'm all fixed back up now, just wanted to let others know to be careful and specify where your doctors' office can leave messages for you on phone #s.

On a happy note, because I really am a person who tries to see the glass half full, I had a Wendy's chili tonight put into the blender just a little and that tasted SOOO Good! Here's the nutrition info for the Large chili followed by the Nutrition info for the small chili.

25g of Protein in the Large and 17g Protein in the small.

Nutrition Facts

for Chili ~ Large

Serving Size: 1 serving

Amount per serving Calories 330

Total Fat9g Saturated Fat3.5g Trans Fat0.5g Cholesterol55mg Sodium1170mg Carbohydrate35g Dietary Fiber8g Sugars9g Protein25g Vitamin A 6%Vitamin C 6% Calcium 10% Iron 20%

Nutrition Facts

for Chili ~ Small

Serving Size: 1 serving

Amount Per Serving Calories 220

Total Fat6g Saturated Fat2.5g Trans Fat0g Cholesterol35mg Sodium780mg Carbohydrate23g Dietary Fiber5g Sugars6g Protein17g Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 8% Iron 15%

Edited by SpecialK
adding nutrion info

Kathy,

I am so proud of you...I wish I could be as good as you are being, but I have fallen off the waggon...heck, I am tempted to inject my own port at work tomorrow to fill some restriction....(relax, just a joke--I think?!?!) :-)

Niki - Hang in there-- April 29th is a coming!

I was reading elsewhere on the site about what people eat for a normal day and boy, it just sound like so little food. I feel almost normal now with eating 1000 calories a day but with eating mushies I'm finding it hard to stay closer to 800 like many of them said they can do consistently, like 1 egg or 2 turkey bacon slices for Breakfast or 1/2 the packet of Weight Control oatmeal - I can eat the whole packet for now. Its still a mental adjustment to control eating when the band restriction isn't there. I'm doing so much better than how I've lived my life for many years but just not at the level those with restriction seems to have. Can't wait now for my 1st fill too to see how much difference I feel.

Kathy,

Even with restriction, I try to eat about 1200 calories a day and I'm averaging about 8-10 pounds gone a month. My aunt (a nutritionist with the state) thinks that I should actually be eating more than that. She warned that if I lose my weight eating at 800 or so calories consistently that I will have trouble maintaining it and will be restricted to that amount the rest of my life or risk gaining. She said it has something to do with slowing down your metabolism.

I would recommend doing what I did... play with your calories a week at a time while waiting for your fills to start. I played with 1000 calories and found I was hungry and not really losing anything. I moved up by 100 calories a week until I saw that I wasn't walking around starving and wanting to eat a horse. At 1200 I saw the weight start coming off a bit faster... something that is hard for overweight people to grasp is that sometimes you need to eat more to lose more. With adding in exercise calories burned I sometimes fall below the 1200 in my "net" calorie column but there are also days I go over... so it all evens out.

Another thing I do is watch my protein/fat/carb numbers. I strive for 60+ grams of Protein, less than 150 grams of carbs and around 50 grams of fat each day. Eating this way keeps me satisfied and I don't find myself going for the Snacks much at all.

Just some things to think about as you try to navigate this place called Bandster Hell :-)

I'm pulling for all of you!!!!

Niki,

Hang in there! Bandster hell will be over before you know it and then you'll have a hard time remembering what life was like before the band. :-)

Hi all, I am checking in and seeing how everyone is doing. imho I really think Melissa is the best person they have working with them (other than the Drs) She is always sweet, seems concerned and returns phone calls. I am getting my second fill on the 29th also. I can't wait. I feel like I am starving all the time. :redface: I got 9ml put in the first time. (14ml band) so I wonder if they are going to max me out?? We are going to FL. on may 1st, so I hope it is not too tight (takes about 3-4 days) Niki I hope to see you the 29th. Greg, I hope to see you there also (just not so much.lol jk) keep up the good losing, kids. Be the best loser you can!!