Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Congrats SueCab!!

Glad to hear you got your date!! I am hoping it will all be worth it but it really wasn't as bad as I htought. I think the worst part is the liquid diet post-op. I got to eat a scrambled egg and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. so 9 days out I'm feeling good not really sore except when I get out of bed or roll over in bed. for me it was like I couldn't get a hold of charlene for days then out of the blue i got my surgery packet. Well good luck and I''l be talking with you soon.

Hello, ladies! I guess it's time for me to jump in and join the group that I've been watching for a while. Looks like I'll be the only 'guy' on the thread. Here's my story: I started my journey with the Mt. Carmel educational forum in early December 2007. The psych consult was quick (although not cheap). My cardiac clearance opened a can of worms. I failed a stress test due to some shadows on the heart images, so I had to have a heart catheter done. It showed no problems, so that was good. Meanwhile, the cardiologist ordered a sleep study (even though Dr. Choban didn't require it), so now I have a CPAP machine & oxygen every night. Once I got all my clearances, my insurance approved the surgery in less than a week!

So now I get to join the 'Shrinking Shamrocks' gang with my pre-admission testing on Mar. 6th and surgery on Mar. 17th. Hope you don't mind that I borrowed your shamrock picture! I guess I'll be meeting a couple of you real soon.

Greg

Greg -- Welcome aboard and yes, feel free to use the Shrinking Shamrocks logo! Sue and I will see you in the hospital on March 17th!!

Greg -- if you like this one better, you're welcome to use it if "Care Bears" is too fluffy or girlly for you

...LOL :w00t:

We're all still the Shrinking Shamrocks and WE ROCK.

P.S. Reminds me of the song from Queen,,,We Are The Champions!

post-226326-13813136570126_thumb.png

Had to look up the words to We Are the Champions.... couldn't resist.

We Are The Champions

Written & sung by Freddie Mercury.

I've paid my dues

Time after time

I've done my sentence

But committed no crime

And bad mistakes

I've made a few

I've had my share of sand

Kicked in my face

But I've come through

And we mean to go on and on and on and on

We are the champions - my friends

And we'll keep on fighting

Till the end

We are the champions

We are the champions

No time for losers

'Cause we are the champions of the World

I've taken my bows

And my curtain calls

You brought me fame and fortune

And everything that goes with it

I thank you all

But it's been no bed of roses

No pleasure cruise

I consider it a challenge before

The whole human race

And I ain't gonna lose

And we mean to go on and on and on and on

Till the end

We are the champions

We are the champions

No time for losers

'Cause we are the champions of the World

Till the end

We are the champions

We are the champions

No time for losers

'Cause we are the champions

Hello, ladies! I guess it's time for me to jump in and join the group that I've been watching for a while. Looks like I'll be the only 'guy' on the thread.

Greg

Welcome Greg! I was banded at Riverside in December. Congratulations on getting a date! I can't believe all three of you are getting banded on the same day!!!

You're welcome to join us at our get together next weekend. We'll be celebrating all of the March bandings :-)

We have another guy that joins us (HunterCol) but I'm not sure if he'll make the next meeting because he was just banded on Tuesday and his wife is having GB next Wednesday.

Welcome Greg! It will be nice to have a mans point of view on things. Mt. Carmel is gonna be busy on March 17th.....you, Sue & SpecialK all walking the halls together.

Welcome Greg, my pre-op testing is on the 6th also so we will probably run into each other.

SpecialK have you got your packet yet? I bet all your testing will be on the same day as ours.

16 more days!!!

This is for anyone that has been banded at Mt. Carmel. I went on Thursday to have a chest x-ray and had to check-in through outpatient registration (this was at Mt. Carmel East). They made me pay my 10% up front. I did not have a co-pay, just that portoion. My question is when I go to register for the surgery that day are they going to want me to pay the 10%? I am a 90/10 plan with no deductible. I know that the office would tell me this, but I was curious.

Thanks-

Sue - no packet in the mail yet. I plan to call first thing tomorrow. Maybe its because I have a different surgeon.

NDWife - yes, when I had my lap gallbladder surgery at Mt. Carmel East in October 2007 when I went for pre-admission testing the prior week, they warned me that the day I got there for surgery, I'd be asked to pay my co-insurance portion which is 15%. I'm glad you reminded me to get mentally ready for being asked for that here soon.

SpecialK,

Charlene called me on Monday (last week) with my insurance approval and said she'd be mailing a packet. On Friday, I hadn't received it yet, so I called her. She actually answered the phone ... I was shocked! Anyhoo, she said it was going out in Friday's mail ... then she said, "No, probably Monday." In any case, I got it yesterday. Hang in there!

Greg

NDWife, I did not have to pay any thing when I went to my Pre admission testing, (I did my testing at Mt. Carmel West), I also did not have to have any of my Co-Pay when I checked in the day of my Surgery, maybe it is just because you went to Mt. Carmel East? ( I had BC/BS, and United Health Care insurance)

I am so excited for you Saint Patrick day Band!!!! No Green beer for you guys:laugh:.

I keep wondering what package you guy's are talking about that you got or are waiting for in the mail, the only package I received was the first package after attending the seminar at Mt. Carmel?