Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

I am sooo excited for you! I will keep my fingers crossed! Wouldn't it be crazy if she offered you March 12, too! We could take our post surgery walks together!

HI ladies

So good to know that God has been so good in your lives. I'm happy to know that your banding dates are getting closer glory be to God and your road to good health is on the way. I'm waiting for my frist fill on 2/26 with dr choban I'm a little scared however I starting to eat more and that is more scarey than the fill. I have lost 30lbs since I was banded on 1/07/08 I hope I don't stop losing. But I'm starting to hold more food than before I'm trying not to eat but it is starting to get hard not to. I don't know what to do I don't what to gain weigh. can some one tell me what they did at this stage HELP

LADYROZ

I've got my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for ya SpecialK.

I have my last dietician appt. today, and then they will submit everything to my insurance!!!! I am praying for an approval when I get back from vacation.

Ladyroz~I just wanted to say way to go!!!! 30lbs is wonderful.

I think Debbie will be able to answer your questions about fills she's a seasoned pro now.

And your are right...To God be all the Glory!!!

Okay LadyRoz, Relax your will start to eat a little more as you start to heal, but don't don't worry it will be okay. Please remember the weight that you lose before your first fill is called Bonus weight loss, because it is not your Band working it is just that fact that your are healing from surgery, and that is why you are not very hungry. As far as the fill it is not bad at all, just remember to relax and breath, :biggrin: that is something I didn't do and we all know what happen to Silly me, the only little pain you fill is when the give you the shot to numb you. You will be fine trust me!!!! Well I go for my fourth fill today, I hope I hit my Sweet spot with this one, but I know I need to do a lot better with exercise, I think I am going to join my church gym that way I will feel guilty if I don't use it.

NurseNiki I so wish I was going on vacation with you, I am tired of the cold weather!!!!

Thank you everyone for your prayers, my mother is doing great, she still has problems with her left hand and balance but the Doctors and PT feel she is going to get full use of the hand!

HI ladies

So good to know that God has been so good in your lives. I'm happy to know that your banding dates are getting closer glory be to God and your road to good health is on the way. I'm waiting for my frist fill on 2/26 with dr choban I'm a little scared however I starting to eat more and that is more scarey than the fill. I have lost 30lbs since I was banded on 1/07/08 I hope I don't stop losing. But I'm starting to hold more food than before I'm trying not to eat but it is starting to get hard not to. I don't know what to do I don't what to gain weigh. can some one tell me what they did at this stage HELP

LADYROZ

Okay ladies I was just on Scar Stages share yours thread and I saw BansterNYC scar stages and the are amazing, here is what she said she was doing. I am going to look into if the Kelo-Cote will work for me, My scars aren't bad but If the can look like her's I will be Very Happy.

Below is the post from BansterNYC:

Here's my scar stages! I my skin does not typically heal well, and so I was nervous of how the scars would turn out. Before the surgery, my dermatologist recommended I take the pill form of Arnica Montana (available at GNC) which is a homeopathic medicine intended to promote healing. I have been taking it since 3 weeks before surgery and continue to take it. Also, at 14 days post-op I started using Kelo-Cote Advanced Formula Scar Gel (available at SkinStore.com) which was also recommended by my dermatologist. Looks like they are working!

Ok I really hope someone reads this and can help me soon....My surgery is Tomorrow. I still have not been told I owe anything. I tried to call Charlene but, I do not have a week to keep calling her everyday until she calls me back. :)

Does that mean everything is covered?? I do not want to get there tomorrow and then they say ok well, we need the $xxxx.xx that your insurance did not pay. I do have 2 ins. and everything should be covered, but, I just do not want to worry about this also. I am kinda freaking out as it is. I hate suprises. I am now worring about everything. Except if I made the choice, I know I did. I like my little comfort zone bubble and I do not really like the unknown. I am evenworring about what it is going to feel like to be thin. Stupid I know. Anyway, sorry, this kinda ended up a rant type post. Anyway any advice at all would be super nifty. Thank you.

KTBUGG, I think I would just call the main office number and tell them what is going on...tell them that you don't want to leave another message, and see if they can give you someone, anyone to talk to. I would think that with surgery tomorrow, they would be very willing to help! And hey, good luck tomorrow!!! Good thoughts and well wishes are sent your way!

KTBUGG--first of all--congratulations!!! and relax!!!!

i was banded in june at mt carmel and have BC/BS federal plan.

it went just like any other surger. they dont submit the bill to the insurance till after the surgery.

about a week later, i got a letter from the hospital asking for a deposit of 200 dollars. i didnt get a final bill for 6 months. the first time they sent it in, BC/BS sent it back saying "we need more info" which was scary. because they approved it, what more did they need. but that is just a game they play to hold onto their money longer--i guess. eventually, they paid 90 percent of the 22,000 dollar hospital bill. so my part was 1200. the final bill didnt actually come for 6 months.

the surgeons bill comes separate. it was something like 3000. i cant remember howmuch i had to pay--maybe 300.

then there were bill from the anesthesiologist and other miscellaneous bills.

altogether i probably had to come up with 2000. but it was spaced out over 6 months.

hope this helps.

and you are going to LOVE being skinny!!!!

Okay ladies, still no word on my insurance approval. The waiting is hard. Jury duty is going well. Got put on a jury by 9:30 a.m. on the first day and its keeping us going. It looks like that will wrap up by maybe Tuesday next week so its definitely not going to interfere with surgery if I get the call I've been approved. Just taking it a day at a time.

No news is good news...right? Hang in there...maybe you will have great news to share with all of us on Sat! Jury duty sounds fun. Do you feel like a real-life law and order? One day at a time is the right attitude!

Hello all. I was banded yesterday!!!! Surgery went great, Dr. Miller had a helper, Dr. Choban(sp) Had a rough night at the hospital. I just had my first shower and now I feel super. A little tender, but, not bad at all. My dh has been taking very very good care of me. FYI for the to-be-banded, I GAINED 6 lbs. from the time of check-in (8:00am) and 7 pm. I was told it is all the Fluid and gas they give you. I am planning on going sat. depending if my dh has to work. if he does maybe we will show up late. anyway. just wanted to tell you all that I am now a banded bander. lol

KTbugg---that is so wonderful.

the first 48 hours are the worst. it takes awhile just to get all the anesthesia out of your system. after that it is a piece of cake!