Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

If I could, I would soooo go somewhere else!!! I have had a terrible time with communication with Mt Carmel''s staff. I am sorry to say that about my sister hospital ( I work at Mt carmel east) but it has been that way for the entire year I have been doing this! I LOVE Dr Choban, and have no choice with my insurance, so I am just going to keep hanging in there!

Scrap time---anytime, anywhere! Let me know! I work Thur and Friday nights, but I can get away Sat or Sunday. Grove city is fine with me. I am willing to drive!

it is a good suggestion for those not banded to check out riverside.

mt carmel is not that well organized. i wish they were but...

unfortunately, some people may not have much of a choice. mt carmel was the preferred hospital with my insurance. i could have gone somewhere else but they would not have paid 90%.

that was the deciding factor for me.

If I could, I would soooo go somewhere else!!! I have had a terrible time with communication with Mt Carmel''s staff. I am sorry to say that about my sister hospital ( I work at Mt carmel east) but it has been that way for the entire year I have been doing this! I LOVE Dr Choban, and have no choice with my insurance, so I am just going to keep hanging in there!

Scrap time---anytime, anywhere! Let me know! I work Thur and Friday nights, but I can get away Sat or Sunday. Grove city is fine with me. I am willing to drive!

Riverside's program, known as Fresh Start Bariatrics, is definitely a well oiled machine. It's unbelievable how well they have it running. It was quite easy to get through the entire process. If anyone has any questions, please ask away.

I am generally organized about things when I really want to get something done but then other things, I let it slide and keep looking at that 'mess' or laundry and thinking, I really should get organized and get this done but then...something else seems more interesting or more important. I am a project manager for IT (information technology) projects in my job, so I have to do a huge amount of planning, follow-up, and tracking progress on big projects with sometimes hundreds of people and months of work to get done so managing my own project to be sure I got all my clearances nailed and ready for insurance approval was a process for sure, but I just kept ticking things off my To Do list. Now I have to wait and see how the bariatric coordinator does with getting things submitted. I tried to call my insurance to be sure I could see what all they said to do and they said, just let the surgeon's office handle it, so I am. I figure the surgeon's office has dealt with Aetna before so I'm going to try to chill out and wait and see how it goes for a couple weeks.

I have to admit to being kind of a control freak on things that are really important to me too so sitting back and depending on someone else is something I have to just trust them on doing their job well.

Was thinking about the posts from those who have been to Mt. Carmel and those who have been to Riverside and its clear the ones who went to Riverside liked the extra hands on help and that is great but I'm in the same boat Debbie was that my insurance only had Mt. Carmel's doctors on their list of In-Network providers so choosing a non-network doctor would mean alot more cost to me which I just can't do. Just goes to show, customer service and personal attention does still matter.

I had a really good experience with Mt. Carmel East and Mt. Carmel West before for my family members. I had a brother who was very seriously ill and his life was saved at the last moment twice at Mt. Carmel West, once for a ruptured bleeding stomach ulcer and a second time for a brain aneurysm. Anyway, I felt good about putting myself in the hands of the Mt. Carmel staff for this bariatric surgery based on my own good experience in October having laparascopic gallbladder surgery outpatient at Mt. Carmel East and I breezed through that experience.

I just lost a post!!!! That makes me so mad. so here's the short of it....

Sue~ any news yet? I was praying I would see a big "I GOT APPROVED" from you today. How long does it usually take?

Anyone heard from LadyQT lately?

Hello to everyone else

I'm off to bed. have a blessed night everyone.

Lady QT must be out there some where living and loving her new lease on life.

Sue--you are in my thoughts all the time. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. keep up the good fight.

i had a few problems yesterday. i was so sick of eating oatmeal for Breakfast that i decided to have a sausage patty. i thought since it was ground, it would go down. but after eating 2/3 of the patty it got stuck. pain. for the first time i slimed. i tried several times to throw up but all that would come up was slime.

this is the first time i have had such an intense episode. i think the problem was the sausage was too lean. if it had more fat in it, it would have gone down easier. or if i had mixed it with something like grits.

my stomach was sensitive all day and later in the day i got severe cramps when i tried to eat again.

but i feel fine today. and the good news is that since i could hardly eat yesterday--i lost another pound.

Wow...slimed, I can picture it in my mind and it isn't pretty! Hope you are feeling better now.

Hey, anyone know of a good place for plus sized bathing suits? I called around and no one I could think of has them out except target...and for some reason, they were cut way too short to cover my belly! I wear a 22/24 in clothes just fine, but I even tried the 26 suit and still no coverage! I was soooo upset! We are going to Kaliharri resort in two weeks, and Disney in a month...so I am getting desperate!

Debbie - glad you're okay now from that stuck episode. I remembered what you said from our first get together that some things are better eaten with something else like mashed potatoes to give you the moisture or lubrication to help things go down. Good lesson for all of us to keep hearing to chew, chew, chew.

Ladies all -- here is a good nutrition thing from me journaling my food before surgery - I went out to a Mexican restaurant with my brother for his birthday yesterday and got a combination plate that had 1 chicken enchilada and 1 chicken burrito, no Beans or rice, just the shredded lettuce and a little bit of shredded cheese on top. When I looked up a chicken burrito is was like 900 calories and the chicken enchilada was less than half of that...go figure..I thought they were pretty close to each other in calories.

Hello Ladies

Do you mind if I join your group. I'm in Zanesville Oh I was band in Columbus by Dr Choban on 1/7/08 I lost 27lbs so far. some of the things you are talking about I haven't got to that stage. I'm getting my frist fill on 2/26 I'm a little scare I don't know what it will be like. It would be nice to have someone to talk to.

Welcome Ladyroz, make yourself at home.:frown:

No word from Insurance yet ladies. Still waiting and hoping! :)

Ladyroz - yes, Welcome to the group who has a connection to Mt. Carmel and otherwise wants support for the lapband process. See the Columbus get together notice on this Ohio forum page and hope we can meet you in person at the Polaris Mall.

Morning Ladies~

Welcome Ladyroz, and congrats on your band. I'm in Heath.... so not to far from you. 27 lbs is awesome. Debbie has had a few fills now, I know she would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Debbie, you poor thing. I'm glad your feeling better now, but how scary for you.

Niki~ I noticed last night that Meijers has some suits out, but I really didn't look at them. You could check out Fashion Bug or the Avenue on line, they could ship to you in just a few days. They both have some really pretty things. I know your babies have to be excited about these trips. My babies, (22 and 25) are counting the minutes now. My DD calls everyday and says "Hey Momma, just wanted to say "X" days till we leave, and "X" days till we cruise". (I'm more excited than they are:lol:) Our cruise last year was so nice, but there will be 16 of us this year and they are all so much fun to be with.

SpecialK~ I use fitday, and I've had a few of those Oh my Golly moments over the last couple months. Isn't it crazy how many calories are in processed foods????? The problem is, they're fast and taste so good.

Sue~ Hang in there hon, I know you will get good news this time.

Ok, I have to get something done today. I hope you all have a blessed day.

OK Ladies...are you ready to hear this??? I finally got a call back yesterday (almost 10 days from my call to her) from Charlene. I thought she was going to tell me that the info was sent to insurance...but no...she was calling to tell me the INSURANCE COMPANY SAID YESSSSSS!!!! YAHOOO!!! I WAS SO DOING MY HAPPY DANCE!!! She called me this am and wanted me to have surgery on the 6th of Feb....I hated telling her no, but that is only two and a half weeks before Disney, and I didn't want to be on liquids there. Soooo March 12 is the day!!! I can't believe it. I feel like I have been waiting for this forever (15months!)

Sue--I am sending some luck your way baby!

So... TM, special K, Sue and anyone else...MARCH is looking good to me--how bout you?!?!?

Oh, and the bathing suit thing....I got the size 22 I ordered from fashion bug and the top is tooo small...go figure. I am either going to order a different on in a bigger size or try that avenue store you were talking about. thanks agin!

:rolleyes2::hurray::):party::hurray::hurray::hurray: YAAAHOOOO!!!! I'm so happy for you Niki!

March looks great for me..... Sue? SpecialK?? Lets pray girls for a group banding in March.