Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hey girlies,

Debbie, I am so happy for you. I know you have to feel like a brand new woman, and just think its only gonna get better for you.

SpecialK, hon you are moving right along. That bill sure does hurt the pocket book though :rolleyes:.

We went to the James yesterday to see the oncology surgeon. She said she sees no need for further surgery (THANK GOD), but she still wants him to see the oncologist for his input on treatment. We see him on the 17th. So, we wait some more

I had my last monthly weigh in with my PCP today. Down 6 lbs this month! I am so happy about that. Now I have to see Katie (dietician) on the 30th for my last visit before Barix submits everything. It feels like its been forever working on this stuff, but its almost over now.

Hope everyone had a blessed week, and have a great weekend.

Good Monday Morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Just to keep updated--I am still waiting to hear if my PCP sent the letter to Charlene to be faxed with the papers for insurance approval. I would hope everything would be sent before the end of the week, but that is prob not going to happen...It seems like the "paperwork people" don't really understand how excited/important it is for us to get things rolling! They must have not ever been in our shoes!

Good afternoon ladies.

Niki, I just heard from my PCP today. He is sending all my paper work in and wanted to be sure he had everything. I am so praying I will hear from my insurance company when I get back from vacation. I just want this over with now. I am so tire of waiting..... that has to be the worst part of the process. I know for sure I can do a liquid diet, been there before, I have had major surgery so pain is no big deal...... I just HATE WAITING!!!!! Its been 10 months now ARRRRGGG! Ok, now that I have that out in the open, I can move on. :smile:

How is everyone else doing? I saw over on the Columbus thread that there will be another meeting Feb. 9th. I will be on vacation then, but I really want to meet up with everyone. I think it is such a lift to your spirit to be around other people going through the same experiences you are.

Sue, did you get your letter written??

Ok, everyone have a blessed afternoon.... back to work :Banane42:

I agree...It is really great to have a face with your user name, too. I am a little leary about putting another pic on my profile. I did that with another screan name on this website, and some how another user has it set with their screan name. You can imagine how freaked out I was, especially since it was a pic of me with my DD!

I was in shock! I sent a not so nice email to the web master asking how this could have happend...I did't hear back from them, but the did take the pic off of their name and put it back on mine...Needless to say, I don't use that name anymore.

The weird thing was that I clicked Memberlist and it was on the front page!!! My old name was **Lap Happy**. I guess because of the *, I was listed first...their name was just laphappy. Thank goodness I came across that before my DH saw it. He is always warning me about the internet, and putting personal info on here!

That is so freaky!!! I know I'm way to free with the info I share. Funny thing is I drive my kids crazy with what they should and shouldn't share on their myspace pages, and they are grown with babies and living on there own. My DH would be just like yours, especially if it concerned my kids or grandbabies. I know I feel safer here for some reason.... We share our deepest darkest secrets here...our weight,:eek: that's something I don't even feel safe telling my DH and he knows everything about me!

I totally agree! I think my DH would be at a loss of words if he knew how much I weigh! (Not that he cares!) We both need to get healthy and lose weight, but my weight effects me mentally...and that is the biggest difference. He still finds the energy to get down and play rough with the kids, too...where I shy away from it, and away from outings where I might run into someone I know.

Afternoon girlies!

Niki, I do feel your pain there. My DH really is the greatest, but I still dont want him to know exactly what I weigh. I used to be pretty uncomfortable in most situations. Then I got cancer and had to do chemo. After being bald, no eyebrows, AND FAT :tongue:, I learned to not care to much what people think of me!! :eek:

I'm pretty busy sewing today. I'm making a very cute quilted bag to take with me on the cruise. I love bags and purses. Its the one thing I can buy and know its gonna fit :cool:. I usually pass them down pretty quick to make room for new ones though. My DD, and DIL love when I call and say first one here gets her pick. They have their choice of any one they want except my Longaburger baskests.

Alright, back to the craft room. I'll check in later..... maybe, American Idol starts again tonight! Finally something new to watch.

Got my psych clearance today -- Yippee! She said she'd have the report faxed over to the Mid Ohio Surgical Office by this Friday before she leaves on vacation.

Angie - are you a quilter? You mentioned making a quilted bag to take on your cruise. I love quilting! I'd even like to think about taking a quilters cruise sometime.

SpecialK- Yeah!!! You're not crazy!!

I don't quilt, but I would love to learn. I found this quilted pink material at Jo-Anns and thought I would make a bag out of it. I love to sew and craft..... I'm not very good at it, but I love it. I have forced all my loved ones at one point or another to accept one of my "creations" LOL.

I was reading that they even offer scrapbooking cruises. I never would have thought they would have those. That's pretty cool.

I would love to take one of those Donna Dewberry classes. One stroke painting looks like so much fun.

Ok, off to bed. Everyone have a great night.

Today is the day I face my Primary Care Physician at 1pm to discuss what I've been doing for the past 75 days since I saw her for my physical. She's been my regular doctor for years now but about 3 years ago when I tried to talk with her about gastric bypass surgery, she was very negative about it and just told me to keep on trying WW and getting exercise. She didn't feel I could live with the complications and lifestyle required of a GB patient back then and after I thought about it and prayed about it, I had to agree. The complications she said she was seeing with patients was also very troubling to her and was a factor for me too. I don't know how educated she is about lapband surgery, the diet, the complications rate, etc. but I'm going to do my best to make sure she understands this is important to me and I'd like her to continue to be my PCP after the surgery and keep me healthy otherwise like she's done all these years. My surgeon Dr. Price offered to call and talk with her about the procedure if she wanted more info so I thought that was great.

Today is the day I face my Primary Care Physician at 1pm to discuss what I've been doing for the past 75 days since I saw her for my physical. She's been my regular doctor for years now but about 3 years ago when I tried to talk with her about gastric bypass surgery, she was very negative about it and just told me to keep on trying WW and getting exercise. She didn't feel I could live with the complications and lifestyle required of a GB patient back then and after I thought about it and prayed about it, I had to agree. The complications she said she was seeing with patients was also very troubling to her and was a factor for me too. I don't know how educated she is about lapband surgery, the diet, the complications rate, etc. but I'm going to do my best to make sure she understands this is important to me and I'd like her to continue to be my PCP after the surgery and keep me healthy otherwise like she's done all these years. My surgeon Dr. Price offered to call and talk with her about the procedure if she wanted more info so I thought that was great.

Congrats on the psych clearance!!!!! Good luck today with your PCP... I will keep my fingers crossed that she's more enthusiastic about this than she was about RNY.

SpecialK~ your in my prayers today! I understand her concerns about RNY. Its very scary, even now. It sounds like she really is concerned about your well being, not just your money. I'm so happy my PCP is my friend... I talked to him as my friend first, and then asked his medical advice about wls.

Everyone have a blessed day.