Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hi Girls and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

First let me say thank you so much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I really do feel your kindness. We are just waiting to get into see the oncologist on the 17th and I just know that they are going to say its all clear and we just have to do regular screanings. I KNOW THATS WHAT THEY WILL SAY! My DH and I know that God is our healer and our hope. Our family has been hit pretty hard the last few years, and yet our faith is stronger then ever.

Ok, I have been a fairly good girl for the holidays. I allowed myself "planned cheats" on Thanksgiving, Christmas eve, Christmas day and New Years day, but I did have a bad accident in the kitchen the other day. I was walking through and a christmas cookie hit me right in the mouth. Needless to say, they went right in the trash... after I ate one and some fudge, and some leftover pumpkin pie!! I am not going to get on the scales till the 10th though (PCP monthly weigh in).... I can't stand to see another gain.

I really want to be able to enjoy our cruise this year. I am feeling so much better already, and I think 5-10 more lbs will make a huge difference. We are leaving in 28 days, and I think 5-10lbs is attainable. I just have to keep my eye on the prize and not allow stress eating (thats easier said than done)

Debbie.... Woot for you! 1.5 lbs is in the right direction. I am gonna be hitting those thrift stores hard this month myself. I'm in search of shorts and summer dresses for our cruise. I found a really nice dress at Fashion Bug for 11.98. I am going to ware it to the captains dinner if I can find a wrap of some sort, I have bat flaps where arms should be. I found a pair of jean shorts and tropical capris for 2.00 each (just plus). I just happen to have a lime green Tee that will work great with the capris. I cant wait to be a size 14 and shop. I think the selection is so gawdy for plus sizes. Everything has those lovely HUGE flowers and cost almost 2x as much. I love the Avenue because they have really pretty things, but again the price up there alittle.

BTW....LOVED the coneheads!

Lady..... I thought about you and your family during Christmas. I know how hard it is losing someone so close to you. Your family is still very much in my prayers. As far as meeting with everyone, I am going to have to pass on this one. We have some sort of drs appts every week this month, I have my grandson 2 days a week till 11:30pm, and I have to do some major shopping for our cruise.... and some how I have a full time job to think about. I would love to meet with you all after the middle of February???

Sue.... don't give up. Pester the poo out of that insurance company and refuse to be refused! (if you haven't already) I would review your policy and see for yourself what it says about sleep apnea. I really don't see how they can deny you if there's not clear wording. I really do think they try to get you to give in and walk away. I wouldn't do it. My DH says I am like a dog on a bone when I think I'm right about something. I would bug them daily till they give in just to shut me up.

Specialk.... I am so envious of your organization... I do good to remember to turn the dryer on once I put the clothes in. From the looks of your list, you will be banded in no time. I think my slogan is going to be "feeling great in 2008"....... though I'm with Niki, I will get my band this year, one way or another, it's going to happen in 2008.

Niki.... I still have my tree up! I am going to wait till this weekend.... maybe after morning service on Sunday.... I think its wonderful that your babies are going to have a healthy mom. I wish I could have given that to my kids, though my grandbabies just better try to keep up with mamaw!

Dorothy....where are you??? I hope all is well.

I hope you all have a blessed day...

the weatherman is saying it may be over 60 degrees on tuesday, so i am going to try to make it up to polaris to the meeting. i cant use the excuse that it will be too cold!

niki--your saying you have made the same resolution since you were 12 to lose weight hit home.

ever since i can remember being me, i have felt fat. and now i look back at pictures wonder what i was thinking. i was so beautiful and thin. why have i felt fat all my life? seems like it became a "self fulfilling prophecy" because the more i thought about it the fatter i became.

but that is all in the past now. now i am feeling thin for the first time in my life.

so everyone keep on track and "git er done"

Looking forward to meeting you ladies in person!

I'm waiting on a call from the cardiologist for the results of the chemical stress test and echocardiogram from Dec 14 and Dec 20th. I'm hoping that they were normal and they just haven't notified me of the results due to the holidays. If they weren't normal and they haven't tried to contact me if its anything serious that wouldn't be good. So I'm staying positive that nothing is wrong and they are just behind on paperwork and calling with results. Say a prayer that all is fine if you will please.

hi, all.

after my last band adjustment i have noticed much more restriction. this is good. before i was as loose as a goose. now i can only eat half a bowl of oatmeal. meat is a lot tougher to get down. if it is in some kind of sauce it goes down much better.

but this is all good. i dont want to be able to eat "mass quantities". i am not a "conehead". anyone rembember the coneheads?

i did lose a pound and a half. finally. seems like i have been stuck for ages.

I am going crazy at the thrift stores!!! i was in the ohio thrift yesterday for three hours and spent 55 dollars. but if i hadnt kept putting stuff back it would have been 150 dollars

and not to brag or anything BUT i found a cool, gold necklace that i am going to use as a BELT!!!! and i found another gold necklace that does not have a clasp, but if i put it over my head and put one arm thru it at a time, i can get it down to my waist to use it as a belt too!!! Golly, I am so impressed with myself!!

my friend and i found a gorgeous size 12 coat and my she kept telling me to try it on. i kept telling her no way could i fit in a 12. and a bystander said that she thought i could fit in a 12!!!

it helps to be tall. but i still aint fitting in a 12!!

Debbie --Looks like you are having lots of fun with trying new clothes (even if they are 'new to you' from the thrift shop) -- Congratulations. I can't wait to do the same. Loved your new Ticker with the shoes and things - shows you're having a good time!

When I go for my pre-op testing in a couple weeks, should I have my hubby come too. Just for the class thing? Is it something he is going to have to know?? how long is the class??

I can't wait to get thin clothes. I have already bagged up 8 trashbags full of my fat clothes!! Still more to go through.

i dont remember much about the preop day. but it takes about 2 to 3 hours and it is very boring.

mostly lab work, xrays and nurses, doctors and dietician talking to you. you can take him but he will be bored. but at least he can keep you company while you wait to get the various tests done.

good luck

Hi and welcome KTBUGG. My DH plans on being there with me for preop testing, just as a second pair of ears.

Hey Debbie..... look at your weight!!!! You have lost 71 lbs!!!!! OMG I cant wait to be able to say that. On average you have lost about 10lbs a month. You are gonna be a skinny momma in no time. What does you DBF think of the new you??

Got my cardiac clearnace for surgery today. Another hoop jumped through! I was actually really relieved to have the results and hear everything was normal and great after waiting since December 14th and 20th. Yea!

Congrats SpecialK....keep up informing us. I am soo excited for you.

Sorry don't know what the text did on that.

Tomorrow afternoon Jan 8th is my psych test (like 200 questions or so) and I hope I pass! Ha Ha! I'm just going to have the Dr. submit it to Aetna for payment and see what happens. If its not covered, then I'll do out of pocket on that and turn the expense in on my health care flexible spending account. This should finish off my psych clearance for lap band surgery this month. Still have to finish out January and February dietician appts from everything I've heard others with Aetna have to do.

Special K--good luck.

i got my pink top from the thrift store.

Is any one else going tomorrow?

this OSU game is not looking good.

I don't think I am going. Not until after I have my surgery. IDK

yeah, I don't think they are going to be able to recover. 10 minutes left.......31-17.