Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Sillypuddy - sounds like you are moving along great on getting all your clearances. Keep it up!

I had a .25 cc (tiny tiny) lapband fill on Monday a.m. and then I was on liquids that day and went to semi-soft the next day and I'm up to full food as of today. I had a salad with a grilled chicken breast and dipped my fork and the tiny pieces of chicken in fat free ranch dressing and after an hour of working on it, I had eaten it all. Wow!

Here's the part that you'll either laugh about or go Ewww! My salad had a little extra Protein at the very bottom -- when I got almost done I spotted something black and was not sure if it had wings on it but yep ... it did and I saw that dead bug after I ate the whole salad!

One other interesting factoid --- 1 Fluid oz of saline is = 29 ml

so .25 ml = .008 fl. oz. WOW that really helps me think about how tiny that amount of saline he put into my band really is.

ml = milliliter. This is a VOLUME measurement. it is 1/1000 of a liter. when talking about Water or similar liquids, it is equivelant to one cubic centimeter.

cc = cubic centimeter. This is also a VOLUME measurement. Most syringes measure their capacity in cc's. If you have a 5cc syringe, it will hold ~5ml of liquid in it. (so 1 cc = 1 ml)

And the good news is, the scale is moving on down again! Amazing considering that is such a tiny adjustment on the band.

Edited by SpecialK

hi silly keep doing what you are doing and soon you will get you date to start your new life. about the eating when you are upset it is hard to eat when you are full lol I have that problem at time when I feel like no one is supporting me or when I'm just sad I had to learn to do other things bysides eat that has been my out for years and now I must find other things I walk now I couldn't walk for a long time like 15 years now I walk 2miles a day that is real deep for me I have new knees now I go to the gym 3 times a week I like to work out in the Water at the gym easy on the knees. Just think of all the things you will be able to do when you loose weight. So keep all of your appts. oh by the way the sleep test is messy in your hair so don't wash your hair until after the test.

good luck on you walk to good health.

LadyRoz

Hi all! My surgery is monday with Dr.Choban.... I'm getting a little nervous. Went to the store yesterday and got all my food for the next couple weeks. Wandering what I should take with me to the hospital. Do I need my own robe and gown? Slippers? Please keep me in your prayers.

Karen

Hi all! My surgery is monday with Dr.Choban.... I'm getting a little nervous. Went to the store yesterday and got all my food for the next couple weeks. Wandering what I should take with me to the hospital. Do I need my own robe and gown? Slippers? Please keep me in your prayers.

Karen

Hi Karen, I will definitely pray for you and I know you'll do great. I decided not to take my own robe, slippers with me because the hospital gave me a second gown to use as a robe - tieing in front, and they give you those kind of slipper socks with rubberized strips on them. I just went home in the same clothes I came in the day before. I did bring a bottle of Chloraseptic for my throat or sugar free cough drops because I was told you might have a little sore throat from the surgery but I really didn't need that either. I took a book or magazine to read. Take care.

:thumbup:God bless you Karen you are in good hands with Dr. Choban she is great. I did have a Teddy Bear in the car for the ride home to put between me and the seat belt. and some lip bam. you will be just fine, write back when you are feeling better oh get some gas-x that will help with the gas after. I will be praying for you

Ladyroz

Edited by ladyroz

I had Dr. Price and from the date I was approved by my insurance until surgery date was about 6 weeks total. I think the other doctors at Mt. Carmel like Dr. Choban and other places in Columbus are about 4-6 weeks out from the time you get approval.

Hang in there.

Hi! Has anyone heard from Juli? I'm wondering how she's doing post-surgery. After she heals, she's going to look and feel SO GREAT.

Juli, are you back online? Please let us know how you're doing! :-)

- Christy

Hi everyone.

I'm alive and well. Thanks for checking in on me.

The surgery went as planned and I'm recovering nicely. I go for a follow up next week.

Hi Everyone!! So glad to hear you're doing good Julie;was beginning to wonder. I sent you a private message-did you get it?

How do you find out when,and where the support meetings are too? I have all the evaluations done,so I think I am ready to schedule the appointment for the nutrition class. I have a call in to Charlene to see if all the results from my appointments have been faxed to them,and to see what I am supposed to do next. Slowly but surely getting there.

Joyce

Edited by sillypuddy421

Here is the Mt. Carmel Support group info:

They are held the First Monday of the month (except for holidays) from 6-7 pm in the Mt. Carmel West Auditorium which is located in the Mt. Carmel Medical Staff Bldg which is just south of the Emergency Room entrance. Check out www.mchs.com for the site layout of the hospital. Parking is about $2.50 for the 1-2 hours of the meeting.

April 25 meeting -- Annual Fashion Show at Tuttle Mall !!!! 2pm by Macy's on 1st floor back side of the mall. Look for helium balloon marking our spot.

May 4 - Addiction Transference

June 1 - Childhood Obesity

July 6 - Vacation Planning

August 3 - Community Action Raising Awareness

September 14 -- Exercise

September -- WALK FROM OBESITY -- Google for more info

October 5 - Body Image Disturbances

November 2 - Healthy Holiday Recipe Exchange & Potluck

December 7 - New Years Resolutions

Yes, I find attending the monthly support group meetings helpful. The research statistics are out there showing those who are connected to support groups for WLS do better than those who try to go it alone.