Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Please note that the schedule is twice a month now and the Monday one is at Mt. Carmel East Seigel Center - their auditorium - on January 7th which is when I will be presenting on scrapbooking our weight loss journey.

http://www.mountcarmelhealth.com/pdf/Educational%20Forum%20Calendar%2009R_Layout%201.pdf

I'm betting they went to two locations and twice a month due to patient feedback and that is great for me!

NIki, I used to live in Canal,but now in Pataskala. Did it take you two years to be approved for the surgery? What kind of insurance did you have? I have Cigna;hope it doesn't take that long-ish!! I look at all the before and after pics,and try to imagine what I will look like-I can't! The appearnace isn't my main focus anyway-it is my health,but now risk wondering,dreaming of what I might look like when all is said,and done....

Joyce

Joyce,

I did have a very hard time fighting for my band. I actually had to wait an entire year for another open enrollment to pick up atena, thru Mt Carmel (I work there).

It was well worth the wait! You will see!

Special K-

The link that you gave is for the information sessions for patients that want to have surgery. The support groups are still only the first Monday of the month from 6PM-7PM. The January one will be on January 5 (night of the OSU bowl game).

Thanks NDWife-- I'm all twisted around. I better call Missy and double check but that sounds right that they are doing more information sessions and still just 1 support group meeting. I'll fix my other post.

Thanks.

Hi Kathy, Niki and everybody else,

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would touch base. Looks like there are a lot of new folks out there starting the journey. I agree with Niki - they won't regret it. Kathy, it looks like you are holding the thread together as usual with all of your good comments and community support. I'm doing pretty well. I've been keeping busy (especially this month) with church (four services on Christmas Eve) and a new granddaughter in October. (That makes two now to spoil). My fill in August was only 1/2 cc and was no help. It was really a struggle to lose during that stretch. Almost seemed like the "bandster hell" period right after surgery. But then my next fill really did the trick (only 1 cc). I didn't even get one in December and don't think I'll need one in February. Woohoo! I think I've finally hit my sweet spot. In fact, I sometimes think there may be a tiny bit too much restriction, but I am hesitant to have any removed for fear of the consequences. Anyhoo, I love hearing all the compliments and getting new clothes. And not just the clothes, but the kind of clothes. I no longer worry about wearing dark colors to hide the fat, I no longer buy pants at the fat store with elastic waists, and now I actually buy shirts that NEED to be tucked in instead of hanging out. I just gave away all of my fat clothes - except for one shirt and a pair of pants to keep for a before/after picture. Again, I encourage all of you newbies to hang in there and jump through the necessary hoops. The band does work and can change your life. Talk to you soon. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy (skinnier) New Year! :)

Hi all~

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Years-I personally can't wait,although I am scared of all the changes that will occur once I get banded. Anyway, have a safe,and Happy New Year!!!!!!

Joyce:martini_shaken::laugh::party:

Greg, nice hearing that you're still working with your band and doing so well. 90 Lbs that is fantastic! Congratulations.

Happy New Years. I have a slogan for this year and I was tempted to make it "Looking Fine in 09" but I thought 'Feelin Fine in '09 was a better one that reflected that I want to get healthier as well as look better this year.

Have you set any 2009 weight loss journey goals?

I'd like to be at -90 lbs by my birthday on January 29

I'd like to be at -100 lbs by my bandiversary on March 17

Feelin Fine in 09.bmp

I had hoped the file I posted in the prior post would at least show a thumbnail image but it only has the file name so I'm going to try attaching a .jpg file here as a test and see if that is the answer.

Okay, that test worked, now I know I have to attach .jpg files instead of bitmaps.

post-226326-13813138005964_thumb.jpg

Hello All.... I just thought I would check in. Everything is going well with me. Losing slow, but, still losing. :thumbup: I have found a new Shampoo that works great. My hair does not fall out anymore. ( I have really thick hair and have always had issues with it coming out.) It is called Sunsilk anti caida (yes, that is spanish) it means anti fall.... I bought it and the 27/7 cream at Flower Factory. It can also be found online at drugstore.com, otherplaces as well. less than $4.00 a bottle and works better than all the expensive stuff I have tried, even the bio stuff. Glad to see (hear) all the new people. Good luck. And be the best loser you can be. lol :mellow: Take care. :wink_smile:

I am finally banded and getting my strength back. I really appreciate everyone that posts here. Reading all the questions and answers helped me decide which surgery was right for me. I am so glad I went for it. I haven't lost this amount of weight in years. Thank you to everyone.

Now for my question: I saw Dr. Choban yesterday and forgot to ask when I can start exercising. When did all of you start exercising after surgery? Not that I really want to, but I thought I should be doing more than walking to the stove and frig!

I believe I was exercising within a week of having suregery. Nothing too crazy, maybe a mile walk to start off with. Now, I can't get enough exercise. I love it!!!!