Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Close to goal.. hmm

New Hope wrote:

Wow, Leatha, do you realize how close you are to your goal? Way to go, girl!

marie

229/190/??

5' 3", 50 y.o.

1st fill 8/1/04 1cc

Dr. Spivak, 5/26/04

Reach for the stars and LIVE LIFE !!!

Marie,

It's funny that you should say that. I was just sitting here thinking to myself - 183, WOW! Dare I think that I am anywhere close to finishing?

I don't really have a goal, persay. Before I gained all my weight at 19-20, I weighed anywhere from 118 to 124. I thought I was fat then! lol.

Dr. Wetter says my goal should be 159 and I think that's because the statistics say we'll not lose 100% of our weight. I say 159 is still too heavy for my frame, although I'll sure take it if it's as far as I can go. Dr. Veninga says 140, I think. I'll sure take that too.

This has been an interesting ride to me, because in my mind, I am scared to death to ever think I will not be fat. I don't know if I'm scared of the world I'll have to face without the insulation or the 'me' I'll have to face. I'm sure that I need to find myself a counselor who can help me navigate through this dark and scary place. I haven't up until now because being on the road and keeping appointments just isn't possible. I wished I knew what my future held, so I could make some of those appointments.

It brings tears to my eyes to think of where I have been and where I seem to be going. Honestly, I know I have worked hard this past year, but not nearly like some. I must have done something right to have lost 67lbs. I must have! But, I have days where I think I'm totally sabotaging my whole journey and I wonder what it is inside of me that I am so afraid of.

This past 6-7 years has been one big scary monster for me. I have had every stressor known to man (divorce, fire, new job, moves, health issues, empty nest - need i say more?) and yet, here I sit, somehow stronger and so much better in so many ways. How could this possibly be? What happens at the end of this line?

Yes, just today I have acknowledged that I may actually make it to the finish line, or maybe I'm already there? I am, after all, still alive and still determined albeit slow.

One thing is for certain.. I am no quitter! :)

Thank you for noticing..you are always so Up and positive. I appreciate that in you. :D

I know how you feel... realistically I can't see being 144....I'm a goal setter, a list creator, an organizer.

I truly feel healthier and happier. I think that's a goal in it self.

You've done a wonderful job with all you've been through! You deserve a pat on the back, Way to go and AMEN.

Originally posted by leatha_g

One thing is for certain.. I am no quitter! :)

[/b]

I think that pretty much sums it up!! I'm so proud of you!:D

LOL, thanks for the laughs, ladies. :) Sue, you are hysterical!

I really feel like I'm only halfway there, weight-wise and that ain't so bad. One pound at a time, one pound at a time.

Hugs to you all..

Leatha

Yes, Vera is heading for the 170's woohoo, you go girl!!

I don't think I ever weighed 170anything. I went straight from being a little vixen to 'a whole lotta rosie'. lol. But, I can't wait to see how it feels on the way down. :)

Way to go Vera!

PS. I don't think that's hijacking - It's all about being close to goal or maybe realizing the possibility?

Seems to me that all of you: Leatha, Vera, Marie and Sue are doing wonderful with your band jouneys.

Woo Hoo and Yipee for all of YOU!!:):D :D

These types of shares are so inspiring! Thanks ladies.

Well, I think all you gals have done beautifully! I only hope I can do as well (when I finally get my band). Keep up the great work!

Leatha,

Your observation that you are stronger after being through so much pain, makes sense to me. I once read a book called "Strong in the Broken Places" that likened human growth to that of a tree limb, which when it knits up a break becomes stronger in the broken places. I think that's what you are.

Also, I sometimes wonder if all this talk about self-sabotage and having to face our fears of being thin is overblown. The last time I lost my weight, I only remember feeling thrilled. Of course, it didn't last long, but I think that is due to the habit of confusing food and comfort, not to a fear of being thin. Anyway, you have always sounded very together to me.

And congratulations on such a successful journey - and the same to all the ones who are almost there.

Nancy

Originally posted by claraluz

Leatha,

And congratulations on such a successful journey - and the same to all the ones who are almost there.

Nancy

Thank you Nancy, for such kind words. :D

Looks like you're heading that direction too! We're all just a bunch of losers!! Yippee!:banana :Bunny :banana :Bunny :banana :Bunny

Leatha, You have done a great job and like so many other people, I am also proud of you. You are MORE than halfway. Your over 2/3 rds of the way! How cool is that!!! I know I am like Nancy. I have NEVER EVER EVER been thin and the closer I get to it the happier I am. Your doing great!!! Teresa XoXo :D