Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

It has been awhile since I have been back on here. I am now 3 months out and completely stalled. I don't think I have lost anything since the beginning of October. I was 25lbs down from surgery date of 8-12 (278 to 253) but since then, I have felt no difference. I am completely and utterly discouraged. Is this all I have to look forward to? Staying the same as I have always been and not going down anymore?! What was the point of the pain and drastic surgery then?! I tried to walk 20 minutes everyday but that has been sliding to the wayside. My diet was good but the more disappointed I get, the crappier I have eaten. Yes, I know. I am probably submarining myself. It is emotional eating. I get that. What I don't get is if I were to change my diet again (which I have been doing), am I going to start losing the weight again? My doctor and nutritionist did not give me any sort of guideline for how many calories/carbs etc. I am supposed to be eating now so I have no idea if I am doing this right or not. I am sorry to rant but I need help. Any guidance given is completely greatful. I am crying just writing this because I want to succeed but I am so completely lost.

I think you have answered your own question. You are sabotaging your own progress because you are down on yourself. I would just simply start over. You can try doing a liquid diet, pureed diet, and soft foods for a few days. Then, you can just follow the high Protein and low carb diet. My NUT tells me not to worry about carbs as long as I avoid breads, rice, and sweets. I do have one slice of bread/day and If I have bread with my lunch, I don't have any carbs with dinner. And, keep up the walking! It's so important. If nothing changes then nothing will change. I understand that you went off track and that you feel bad about it. But, you can make each day a new beginning. Whatever you did is in the past. This sleeve is a tool...it's not a miracle weight loss device. You have to make the best of it. You already did the hard part and went through the most challenging period. It's now time to get back on track. You can do it!

Hi Everyone,

It has been awhile since I have been back on here. I am now 3 months out and completely stalled. I don't think I have lost anything since the beginning of October. I was 25lbs down from surgery date of 8-12 (278 to 253) but since then, I have felt no difference. I am completely and utterly discouraged. Is this all I have to look forward to? Staying the same as I have always been and not going down anymore?! What was the point of the pain and drastic surgery then?! I tried to walk 20 minutes everyday but that has been sliding to the wayside. My diet was good but the more disappointed I get, the crappier I have eaten. Yes, I know. I am probably submarining myself. It is emotional eating. I get that. What I don't get is if I were to change my diet again (which I have been doing), am I going to start losing the weight again? My doctor and nutritionist did not give me any sort of guideline for how many calories/carbs etc. I am supposed to be eating now so I have no idea if I am doing this right or not. I am sorry to rant but I need help. Any guidance given is completely greatful. I am crying just writing this because I want to succeed but I am so completely lost.

I'm going to jump in and agree with Rox... You know what you're doing and know what you need to do. Even though they might not have offered the information, can you call your NUT and get some direction to what they expect you to be having? Don't wait for them to call, and try not to just wait for the weight to drop. Take charge, it will be worth it.

I'm at 11 months out and hover around 1000 calories a day. 80+ grams of Protein and usually upwards of 90oz of Water.

Go back to basics. Log everything and don't give up. I love what Rox wrote and agree if nothing changes, NOTHING changes. This is a process and you have to commit to the changes necessary. You can do this. Take it day at at time, Mix up your workouts and get your heart rate up when you can.

Posting was great, draw strength and encouragement from everyone here. Do everything you can to ensure your success.. If you don't, who else will??

YOU GOT THIS!! Keep us posted.