Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeping Comfortable After Surgery...

Anyone has any suggesting. Some people say they sleep on a recliner and some in bed. My date is on the 3rd of December and i want to be prepared.

My surgery is on Tuesday, I will let you know.

I was sleeved on Thursday (November 14th). They told me to lay in bed, but not on my back. I have to lie on my sides. It starts getting old after a couple of nights. I don't have access to a recliner, so I can't say if that is any better. I am using a body pillow between my legs.

I sleep well if I take one of my pain meds right before bed. After the first night, I slept fairly well. I wake up every time I want to switch sides. That's annoying.

Good luck!

I was sleeved on Thursday (November 14th). They told me to lay in bed, but not on my back. I have to lie on my sides. It starts getting old after a couple of nights. I don't have access to a recliner, so I can't say if that is any better. I am using a body pillow between my legs.

I sleep well if I take one of my pain meds right before bed. After the first night, I slept fairly well. I wake up every time I want to switch sides. That's annoying.

Good luck!

Thanks, I'll try the body pillow.

My surgery Tuesday. I'm concerned because I ALWAYS sleep on my stomach. I know I wont be able to, so I am nervous about that. I snore when I am on my back. I hope I can sleep on my side. I'm bringing what I call my "boob" blanket with me. I bunch up and twin quilt and use it like a pillow between my boobs( so I guess I'm kinda on my side). I did that when I had my hysterectomy and it worked out fine. I have a 3 day hospital stay so I will let you know.

bodyweight.png?ts=1384730690

My surgery was Wednesday. I have tried to lay in bed but my stomach hurts when I roll over to my side. Getting up from laying flat was painful as I cannot use my core at all to rise.

I sleep reclined and cannot wait to lay flat on my side w/o discomfort. I hope tonight is my last night reclined...

Great question. :wacko:

I sleep on my stomach and I lay on the floor to watch TV. I can't sit on my butt, it has never been comfortable (even in a movie theatre I sit on my side). This will be interesting if I get approved for the surgery. I may have to borrow my son's gaming chair for a couple of days but, I don't think that will work out very well.

My surgery was back in October and I slept on my side the first night. They might have you on a specific recline restriction due to the gas. It will be tough to get a decent breath until the gas dissipates.

I slept in my bed once I came home but with an extra couple pillows.

After a few weeks, I was able to ditch most of the extra pillows no problem.

This is just my opinion but I don't really think anything special will be needed. I had a hysterectomy last year and this surgery was a cake walk. .it's just the gas that is the sucky part.

Good luck everyone!

Laying down wasn't the problem for me it was getting up! I don't have a recluner either but I do have a big comfy chair and an ottoman. With pillows it was comfortable and much easier to get out of. I slept there for about 4 days

The thought I was weird because I laid on m tummy with my left side lifted up on a pillow to take off the weight. Slept like a baby :). Plus, it's easier to get out of bed from that position Just slide to the edge and push yourself up.