Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Checking In

So life has been pretty interesting, I'm losing weight but, no longer crave food lie I used to. I'm not getting enough food in, or calories, I do drink a lot of Water, and still supplement a Protein Shake a day, almost 3 months out, last check in was Oct. 30, at that time I'd lost 55+lbs. I don't weigh myself at home refuse to own a scale at this point, would like to get down to at least at least 100lb lost before I buy a scale. But sometimes the suspense does kill me, I would not be good having a scale in the house because I'd weigh myself everyday, which is why I've set restrictions on that.

My last Dr appt he wanted me.to increase my meals to 4 to 6 a day because of my calorie intake ranges around 450 a day, on a good day. I struggle because eating is more like a chore now, and bothersome to me. I don't forget to drink, but I do forget to eat sometimes.

Life has been crazy, my car was stolen, insurance is dragging it out and making me feel like it's my fault, in more debt because I had to buy a new car, and probably will have a small Christmas for my kids if I can manage it. Just been a horrible time, but I'm still working on me and will succeed.

Gia

Nice to see you again :)

450 calories does sound pretty low :huh:

your doc wants you to eat more????

from a laymen, sounds like a good idea

don't feel like eating, but you should/must eat!!!

do you get nautious if you eat, get sick/vomit

changing upping your calories will probably/maybe help you lose more weight

also, eating so little 3 months PO, could make you weak et al :huh:

good for you that you are drinking plenty of Water

so sorry to hear you are going through a bunch of personal problems :(

hope things will work out sooner than later :)

glad you realize you must continue to work on yourself - despite hurdles of life you are dealing with

congrats on 55+ lbs gone!!!!!

keep up the good work

good luck

kathy

Thank you! I can't see it but my.clothes feel loose!

Yes, he wants me to get more in, at the very least 800. With me eating 4-6 meals a day, I'm still drinking a Protein Shake a day. And trying to get my calories up, it's just harder now.

Hi! It sounds like you have gone through ALOT in the last 3 months. I agree with you. Don't put on the added stress of owning a scale. If you are happy with your progress and your clothes are fitting a lot more losely you are doing great! It's no wonder that eating is not on the top of your list! You are stressed! My doctor just told me make sure I am staying hydrated after surgery...that's most important.

Hopefully with the end of the year coming up you will be able to get a good deal on another car! Good luck, hopefully everything works out in your favor.

I haven't had my surgery yet. I am hoping to get approved next month (fingers crossed).

Yeah, I thought I was going to be in a good spot with my finally get my surgery, everything else though has just been crazy, but I'm praying that 2014 will be a better year, as far as my health, I know it will be, but everything else I'm working on making it better and making 2014, my year!

Good luck and fingers crossed you get your approval and surgery date! Will it be this year?

Yeah, I thought I was going to be in a good spot with my finally get my surgery, everything else though has just been crazy, but I'm praying that 2014 will be a better year, as far as my health, I know it will be, but everything else I'm working on making it better and making 2014, my year!

Good luck and fingers crossed you get your approval and surgery date! Will it be this year?

Hoping for the middle/end of December 2013.

Not sure how people don't own a scale. I'm addicted to my scale. I weigh on it at least once a day (totally naked after going potty. Can't even get on after my shower cuz the Water in my wet hair might add a few ounces!)

And my scale hasn't budged in a month. So I know that when I eventually do lose the last 23 lbs, I will be able to maintain fairly easily.

Good luck! Wtg losing 55 lbs! Awesome!

Thanks! I know me, I would be obsessed with the scale in my house, I will probably buy one once I've lost at least a 100lbs, that's my personal goal. After that then I'll cave and buy a scale. Lol until then nope.