Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So everyone else tells me I'm loosing weight, my pants tells me I'm loosing weight. The fact that I have more energy tells me I'm loosing weight, then why do I still feel soooo fat?!?!

It takes your mind a while to catch up. And for some of us, it never gets there all the way. I generally never saw myself as fat as I really was, and now, somedays, I still feel fat even though I'm squarely in the middle of the normal BMI range for my height.

Lynda

I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago. I fee the exact same way, and to my surprise, many other people do as well.

We are just so used to being fat, losing a bit, gaining again, losing and gaining... It takes a while for or brain to catch up, it takes more weight loss for us to feel differently. And I think that we are so used to feeling fat, being fat, that mentally, we still see that part of us. We still see the same thin in the mirror, even if you changed sizes. I still feel that way too, but just slightly less fat. Lol.

Before and after pics are the best in that case. Just hold on, I'm sure the feeling will eventually decrease. :-)

yep... I had lost almost 100# pounds before I thought I saw me a weeee bit smaller.

We got fat brains

I still see myself as fat, obese and try constantly to stay out of site like I used to. I have lost 176 lbs. That is how much my husband weighs and I no longer carry him on my back..But my brain says I am still really fat...

I am working on this aspect of my mind again...One more thing to add to the head game!!!!

It takes your mind a while to catch up. And for some of us, it never gets there all the way. I generally never saw myself as fat as I really was, and now, somedays, I still feel fat even though I'm squarely in the middle of the normal BMI range for my height.

Lynda

ME TOO!!

I never saw myself as fat as I was but I also refused to be in pictures so denial was rampant. I looked great (to myself) in my (non full length) bathroom mirror. I realized my size only when I caught unexpected glimpses of myself in mirrors or windows while out and about.

Now everyone is telling me I look great and I really do feel great, but I still hate pictures of me. For all my hard work, exercise, and a huge amount of weight lost, NOW I feel fat. I know I look better, and at a size 12, I'm "average" but I am still constantly wondering if I look normal or chunky or fat or "thick" (hate that word) and I fear it's the last. I still have a ways to go and I hope I end up feeling mentally great.

I am still ecstatic. I still jump out of bed giddy and shopping is so much more fun. I love the new me and I can't wait to see where I end up, but these teeny feelings of self doubt and insecurity buzz in my brain alllllll the time. I'm not used to them at all.

ME TOO!!

I never saw myself as fat as I was but I also refused to be in pictures so denial was rampant. I looked great (to myself) in my (non full length) bathroom mirror. I realized my size only when I caught unexpected glimpses of myself in mirrors or windows while out and about.

Now everyone is telling me I look great and I really do feel great, but I still hate pictures of me. For all my hard work, exercise, and a huge amount of weight lost, NOW I feel fat. I know I look better, and at a size 12, I'm "average" but I am still constantly wondering if I look normal or chunky or fat or "thick" (hate that word) and I fear it's the last. I still have a ways to go and I hope I end up feeling mentally great.

I am still ecstatic. I still jump out of bed giddy and shopping is so much more fun. I love the new me and I can't wait to see where I end up, but these teeny feelings of self doubt and insecurity buzz in my brain alllllll the time. I'm not used to them at all.

I agree with u in this..I see some more insecurities now then before. I'm going that this to shall pass..u look great by the way

My daughter wanted to take a full-length picture of me the other day to show me how "skinny" (her words) I am. I let her take it but absolutely refused to look at it. It scares me to see my "real self". When I look in the mirror, I see my loss and feel great about it but I am terrified of seeing a pic of me yet. I guess I expect to see that 269lb person I was for so long. :unsure:

I'm struggling with this too. I also feel like now I'm wearing an oversized skin suit. If I bend forwards my stomach just hangs. My arms are bad too. Before I looked awful clothed and naked. Now I look good clothes and still awful naked.