Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

been naughty

Hi all,

Well after drinking pure liquids since Monday 23rd (11 days) I finaly slipped today and had ice-cream. God I feel gulity, but I went to the movies with my husband and I couldn't resist. I has 2 small scoops and my god was is lovely.......

:straight

:D Thanks Marie,

I agree, I have been very good and I suppose as long as I am aware of when I am being a little naughty then thats half the battle...

Can not wait for Monday - on to pureed foods, I can hardly belive I am geting excited about pureed foods, but honestly if I never have to drink another liquid meal again it will be too soon!

How much have you lost so far?

Ice cream IS a liquid. When deciding what is a liquid and what is a solid, you have to consider what it is at room temperature or body temperature. I'm not kidding. If it melts before it gets to your band, it's a liquid.

Don't be loving me too much...because once you go back to solid foods, ice cream = liquid calories = a bad choice. It was NEVER my drug of choice before surgery...but now, I've got a problem. I just can't have it in the house.

Hi Karen ~

Were you banded on August 23rd? I was and today is my second day of pureed foods. I will have to admit I cried the first night because I was so excited to eat with silverware, so I went to the grocery store and bought baby food thinking it cant be that bad, but I was completely wrong. It was so gross and flavorless I couldn't get it down and wondered what I was going to do. Last night I pureed "real" food and it wasn't bad at all. This morning Breakfast wasn't bad either so as the days go by I am learning more and more.

If there are any recipes you would like to share let me know and I can do the same if your looking for ideas!:D

Hi Kim,

Sorry I haven't replied earlier - first week back at work and it was all a bit mad....

I am going in to my secnd week of pureed foods and I must say it is easy. I have been having weetabix in warm milk with honey for breaky, or srambled eggs. Lunchtime I have had stuffing (the kind you stuff a chicken with) with mash and gravy. Or lovely fresh Soup, or sheperds pie or squashed advocado with cream cheese and tuna spread. dinner time I have jacket potatoe (only the insides) with low fat cheese and some baked Beans. Yum. I also started to have Decaf coffee which made me feel human. In the afternoon at work I might have a skinny vanilla milkshake made with low fat yoghurt and skim milk.

Oh and my favourite is a frozen yoghurt which is 99% fat free and has hadly any sugar but it tastest naughty so I love it......

My wounds are nearly all healed, I feel great. I am hoping for my first feel on the 20th Sep.

How ae you going ?

Hi Brit ~ I should of read that post after I ate breakfast! All of that food made me hungry! What kind of frozen yogurt do you eat?

I am doing okay with purees. Your recipe ideas will help me mix it up a little so I do appreciate it! My thing is that I get stuck with certain foods I love in the beginning and then I burn myself out on them.

Last week I weighed myself and I lost 28 pounds since surgery. I think a lot of it has to do with drinking liquids for two weeks because now that I am on purees it has slowed down some.

Where did you have your surgery done?

I am glad I gave you some other ideas. I had my surgery done in sydney australia. I am british but have been living here for 4 .5 years. I love this country, beautiful wheather, great lifestyle and unfortunately great food !!!

I had my first fill today - weird. It felt so strange, not at all painful, more like a alien sensation in the tummy if you get my drift. The Dr gave me a needle with a general anesthetic. Then he kept his eye on the xray view of my band on the screen and inserted the needle and gave me 1.5cc's. I then had to drink Water to see if I felt any uncomfortable restriction. I didn't at all. I have been advised to stick to liquids today, but can start soft food tomorrow - real food !!! Yipee

I have lost 16.5lbs to date, you have done so well Kim 28 lbs wow unreal.:mad: