Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, anyone have short problems??

I am 4'11" and the Dr. tells me that my insides are all crammed together. I am wondering if anyone else that is "short" has had a problem getting the band because of this???

It seems like your insides would be in proportion to your height! I am sure that there are other shorter people that can chime in. I am 5'4" which is average/shorter height, but I had no problems with the surgery.

I had my final post-op consultation w/ dr on Fri and asked him this very same question. I'm 4'11".

I was concerned on where he will be placing the port because i'm so short. I didn't want it hitting my waist band or be under my bra. He didn't seem concerned and said yes, I will know it's there but it shouldn't be an annoyance.

I really hope he's right, there was someone on the forum that made the dr. move her port because it was in the way.

Good luck!

I'm a little over 5'2", and pretty short between my bra-line and my hips -- so, for example, I usually can't wear petite pants b/c the legs are too short, my short-ness is in my torso. I haven't had any problems with my band as a result of this. However, sometimes when I wear a wide belt or some pants, they will hit my port and is a bit annoying.

I am not short but I am short waisted, so short waisted that the surgeon was concerned about port placement. He favors below the ribs above the waist but for me those to are pretty well combined. Where my ribs end my waist starts! It no longer affects my clothing choices but it did for a long time. For the first 6months I wore stretchy waisted pants to avoid irritating the port. I also have fairly regular diaphram irritation from my band which belive is due to the shortwaistedness of my torso. Almost a year out from surgery and still if I slouch I get the shoulder ache, and I often get the hiccups now (really annoying since I can't gulp Water fast enough to get rid of them)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches