Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I never thought I'd be back at McDonalds, but if I'm in a hurry in the morning and going to (gasp) eat in the car, I drive through and order scrambled eggs. Suits me just fine. Any other acceptable fast food out there?

I can't eat in the am, and eggs are never ok for me. I however love Wendy's chili, it is high in Protein and Fiber also low fat. I get a chili, add cheese and onions (they do this for like a quarter) I also love the grilled chicken from wendy's (I order just the chicken, no bun no sauce) Another great place is Taco Bell, refried Beans, and a steak taco, I eat just the middle. ~Mandy

WOw, I didn't know you could order scrambled eggs at McDonald's! That's good to know, just in case. I also love Wendy's chili--I order a small size, and sometimes can't even finish it. I also like their new Cranberry-Pecan chicken salad. Of course, that is enoiugh for 2 or 3 meals usually! I haven't really had much else in the way of fast food--oh, Popeye's Naked tenders! They are delicious if you like spicy food--no skin, not fried, just spicy and delicious!

Actually popeyes naked tenders are fried. They are seasoned and then dropped in the hot oil. The popeyes in my area has an open kitchen and that is how they are prepared. But they are good. ~Mandy

If im on the spot or in a pinch I will get 4 nuggets and thats a meal!

The fruit and yogurt thing is good too. ~Mandy

isnt it wierd how some times we can eat some things and other times we cant eat anything like them? and visa versa???

tonight my friends treated me to a VERY nice and expensive italian restrant. I ordered the cheese manicotti thinking (ricotta cheese =mushy, sauce = will go down, pasta=yum!) and eating it was heaven...BUT...

let me emphasise BUT...or even substitute HOWEVER ...

about five minutes after dinner while we were all sitting there...i felt the last bite hit and YES ladies and gentlemen she is WILDLY stuck and in PUBLIC! my friends understood i needed to get home, where i immediately changed shoes and WALKED like my guts depended on it. I walked fifteen blocks and when i came back i felt much better...but holy cow.

(it was still very good...but i dont think ill be doing that again)

I like wendy's chili, another thing that tastes good and goes down easily but is very bad for us calorie and fat wise is Jack in the Box tacos. They are crispy and deep fried and taste wonderful. However they are 700 calories for a small one, eek. As for mcdonalds i can't eat anything there except the salad without any meat on it. Even then salad is hard for

me :cry I just can't chew it well enough so a few bites is all i can do.

The new snack wraps at McDonalds are great. The grilled Honey Mustard has around 230 calories and ends up being a meal for me. If you go to McDonald's website and choose Bag a Meal you can see exactly how many calories/fat make up each item on the snack wrap - it's a wonderful tool. I try to limit myself to eating out once a week. Wendy's has a similar food counter on their website.

I love those grilled Honey Mustard wraps! But I've given them up (white flour tortillas) for now.

I started making them at home with low carb wraps. It's pretty good, but it's not McDonald's! :eek:

At Mc Donalds they have those Breakfast burritos...I like to eat the guts out of them. They have peppers and some spices in them which gives a little more flavor!

e

I saw somebody posted about the taco bell refried beans... even though they taste good keep in mind that taco bell adds lard into them for flavor. Also 1 taco from taco bell is 4 weight watchers points- which is good when you compare it to a burger which can be 7-9 points from a fast food place. I find I can eat chix nuggets (2-4 of them depending on the day) from wendy's or mc donalds. However I cannot eat burgers kings tnders. They were my favorite fast food nugget prior to be banded, but I tried to have them since getting a fill and I got so sick.

I can eat the chicken fries from burger king, nuggets from wendy's, but McD's nuggets kill me. If we go to taco bell I get the bowl, loaded with meat, Beans, and some sour cream, no tortillas and no rice. It makes 2 meals for me. ~Mandy

I really believe all fast food has its place. Its not dysfunctional to occasionally be late, busy or tired and grab something like that. Eating it for lunch five days a week is problematic, eating it once in a blue moon isnt.

But I find it becoming less and less desirable to the point where I'd choose to go without eating these days. Too much like hard work getting a cheeseburger down.

I definitely cant do fish and chips (common takeaway here in Australia). That heavy batter is just too much for me. pizza is doable but takes soooo long to eat a piece. McDonalds is just plain hard and it just tastes awful when you really chew it rather than inhale it.

I'd rather open a can of Soup or grab a piece of fruit on the way out the door if its Breakfast time.