Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Up And Down Weight Loss

So I'm 4.5 months PO and I've lost 77lbs. I'm eating 4oz every meal mostly 3oz Protein and 1 oz veggie. I'm in the gym 4 days a week for 2 hrs each time. With that being said; I keep either loosing 1lb or gaining 1lb! This has been going on for about 4 weeks. I'm getting a little frustrated! What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Doesn't sound to me like you're doing anything wrong. With your exceptional commitment to your workouts, you may very well be losing fat and gaining muscle. Both are very good things!

Do you maintain a food log? Logs not only allow you to track calories, Protein, carbs, etc. but also the calories you are burning with your exercise routine. Extremely powerful tool that over time will allow you to see a very detailed picture of all of those factors AND how your weight is responding to fluctuations in those variables. It then becomes to quite easy to experiment with increases or decreases in calories and/or exercise to find the numbers that work best for you in terms of achieving your average weight loss goal. Not losing fast enough - reduce your daily calorie goal by 100 calories for a week and see what happens. Or increase your workout routine to burn an additional 100 calories and see what happens. You might be surprised at how quickly and precisely you can "dial in" exactly what works best for you.

Great job so far!!

<p>Doesn't sound to me like you're doing anything wrong. With your exceptional commitment to your workouts, you may very well be losing fat and gaining muscle. Both are very good things!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Do you maintain a food log? Logs not only allow you to track calories, Protein, carbs, etc. but also the calories you are burning with your exercise routine. Extremely powerful tool that over time will allow you to see a very detailed picture of all of those factors AND how your weight is responding to fluctuations in those variables. It then becomes to quite easy to experiment with increases or decreases in calories and/or exercise to find the numbers that work best for you in terms of achieving your average weight loss goal. Not losing fast enough - reduce your daily calorie goal by 100 calories for a week and see what happens. Or increase your workout routine to burn an additional 100 calories and see what happens. You might be surprised at how quickly and precisely you can "dial in" exactly what works best for you.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Great job so far!!</p>

My husband said that as well. When I'm at the gym I do 90 minutes of lifting and 35 minutes on treadmill. I'm now walking at 3.1 on a 5-6% incline. I feel really good. Just would like to see the numbers going down to reflect my work.

I journal religiously. I have since day 1. I use myfitnesspal (ellismommy4241) and I also wear a fitbit. I recently purchased a Pebble that records activity for the Linxess system through our YMCA.

Unusual taken in anywhere from 700-900 cals a day. Mostly I'm more around the 800 mark though. My next plan is to hire a personal trainer.

Thanks for the suggestions DL. I will give this a try as well.

Chris

Alright let's have a little reality check. 77 pounds in 4.5 months is AWSOME. From your post I got the feeling you are feeling healthier and following your guidelines, and yet you are frustrated because of a little number. At the end of the day it is just a number. I had the surgery to lead a healthier life style, and achieve my goals. Focus on other goals. Write down a list of goals and start crossing them out a you go along. Once you reach one than add another one. My doc always said when the scale slows down or you hit a stall you tend to lose your inches.

Finally find another way to measure your weight loss. I knew I was ready for the surgery when I could no longer see my feet in the shower. So when the scale was not giving me the right answer I would check my feet in the shower. I am proud that I can now see my ankles.

Good luck

I don't know where the journey will end, but I know where to start. 17 months post op. 125 lost

Sounds like your doing great and congrats on a awesome loss this far, you may need to up your calories a bit with those work outs your doing...your eating 800 but your body is not absorbing 800 so you may be in starvation mode, just increasing a bit could make a difference ...keep up the great work!