Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie here started my journey on March 2013 with a angiogram doct thought I had a clogged artery. Said I was just BIG,"FAT"So referred me to weight loss program. I started June 4, 2013. 12 week of classes dr appts & test. Finally finished Aug 20,21013.. I was finally approved to see the surgeon on Oct 17,2013 that day came & I got excited & anxious. seen the surgeon & we set a date Nov 5,2013 2 wk Preop was hard for me I was only losing inches." Now mind u my highest weight was in 2007 256, by 2009 I was down to 170. Happy me. Gained it back crushed my heart cause everytime I would work out I was at urgent care, & back up to 210 I cried, depressed." Being the one that does all the cooking I failed I cheated not once but twice during my preop diet so I realized I had to focus nov 4 hit & my last day of work for awhile so I went & weighed in 187. I started getting nervous as I waited to make my call for check in time Tuesday. November 5,2013 came & My nephew drove me to the hospital with my 15yr 2 hr prep @7 am, seemed for ever, I had even thought & told my son I know I'm doing the right thing god knows I am, but I also know I can get up and walk away, I'm glad I stayed, finally surgeon came in @9 were ready tears just rolled down my face "by 12ish I was hurting from pain the gas I have read about was lingering in my shoulders, finally came home by Thursday at noon codeine knocked me out but walking has helped I still have gas I'm still working on.. but from Tuesday 11/5 to 11/11/13 I'm down 9 lbs yet bloated. I am thankful I was approved for this procedure. I'll always have my five holes to look at & remind of my second chance at living life again 11/05/13 I started My New Life & New Journey. Getting Healthy.. Good luck everyone u won't regret it... Jb

My surgery was 10/17/13. I had trouble with nausea and vomiting the first day and a half after surgery. My surgery was on a Thursday, but by Saturday I was done puking. (I always react with n&v to general anesthesia) I also had gas in my shoulders. Besides vomiting, the gas is the worst, but its a small price to pay.

I went home with scripts for pain meds, but I hate pain meds. I got by just fine with just liquid Tylenol. The closest thing I can compare the pain to is when I had my vaginal hysterectomy 12 years ago. I toughed that out with just tylenol, also.

I take bupropion and Nexium daily, so I had to crush them up. I HATED crushing my pills! It was nasty! I admit that after 5-6 days i started just cutting the bupropion into quarters and swallowing it and I substituted the Nexium with prilosec. That I also cut into quarters. I know its cheating, but ......