Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Weight Loss With Lb

It's been seven months and only 35 pounds gone. My doctor tells me it will take 3 years to loose the weight. I started at 296 down to 263 today. I have a 14 cc band with at least 8cc in it. The doctors office wont tell me how much exactly. Is there any body out there that started slow and reached goal? I want to loose another 100 pounds. advise needed!

Get busy and do more walking. We are all busy during the day. I park my car farther from my work building to make me walk an extra step to and from car. I work on the third floor and try not to take elevator. When I need a bathroom break, I walk to the farthest bathroom whenever possible.

When you are shopping, park farther. If you have groceries use the cart to take them to car. Now you have resistance from the cart and a farther walk. ALL these extra steps add up each week. YOU must increase your walking and the weight will melt off. It does take many of us a long time to lose the weight. Some here get instant weight loss, but If you look closely most lose weight gradually and a longer time. With the added length, your knowledge will grow in what you can eat and what gives you weight loss results quicker. My band is a 14cc Allergan omiform. I have 6.5cc in it. I asked the nurse for the cc information and i got it from her.

Best wishes and Keep the Faith.

This is just a suggestion, because someone helped me once before when I wasn't losing any weight and I was in a rut - see what your average Protein levels are. I try to get in at least 85 grams of Protein.

When I upped my protein I started losing weight again. An easy way to do this is on "my fitness pal". You can access it in your phone apps or on the computer and start doing a food diary. At my fitness pal it will break down your food choices into calories & nutrition values. It makes it easier to calculate. I use this website religiously because I don't always know how many calories or how much I am eating without it. Also, I'm a carb addict (I really am), I can't eat carbs anymore and I have to eat more chicken and fish to lose weight! It will break down carbs/fats/protein to see what your eating most of. If I start eating more carbs than protein, it shows on my scale!

I'm a Newby and I'm not trying to act like I know something that I don't - I just had this issue myself and these two things helped me. I wish you the best of luck ;)

This is just a suggestion, because someone helped me once before when I wasn't losing any weight and I was in a rut - see what your average Protein levels are. I try to get in at least 85 grams of protein. When I upped my protein I started losing weight again. An easy way to do this is on "my fitness pal". You can access it in your phone apps or on the computer and start doing a food diary. At my fitness pal it will break down your food choices into calories & nutrition values. It makes it easier to calculate. I use this website religiously because I don't always know how many calories or how much I am eating without it. Also, I'm a carb addict (I really am), I can't eat carbs anymore and I have to eat more chicken and fish to lose weight! It will break down carbs/fats/protein to see what your eating most of. If I start eating more carbs than protein, it shows on my scale! I'm a Newby and I'm not trying to act like I know something that I don't - I just had this issue myself and these two things helped me. I wish you the best of luck ;)

I have the same problems with carbs but others don't. I also try zig zagging my calories. Example, 1400 800 1300 1000.... Etc. I still try to average out 1200 a day over a week. Helps me.

Hi Rhonda, yes. I was a slow loser. It took me two and a half years to lose my weight. Don't be in a hurry nor rush. There is no competition going on. Follow your doctor's orders and all will be well. You will get there and you will be so happy that you followed the rules. Good luck on your journey.

I think I'm a slow loser too, but its okay. A slow loss is better than no loss. Hang in there and don't give up! 35 pounds is a great start!! :)

Thank you all, I have increased my Water intake and have noticed an increased weight loss. I use my fitness pall to track my nutritional intake and use a fit bit to track steps. I have not been very faithful about walking, and my carbs are on the high end I think. I eat up to about 140- 200 grams of carbs, between 60-90 Protein and between 50-90 grams of Fat. My sodium levels have been high, which contribute to a slow weight loss. I eat between close to 1500 calories up to 1700.

If you are not exercising you are eating way too many calories. You should be somewhere between 1,000 and 1,200 not up in the 1,500's that is not helping you lose weight. Try to lose the carbs also. Too many carbs turn into sugar which turns into fat. Keep your Protein up in the 80 to 90 range. If you want to eat the carbs then you have to burn them with exercise.