Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need My Game Face On...

My surgery day is Wed, Nov 13th. I don't really have a pre op diet but just need to eat light. I'm excited for this surgery but all of a sudden am scared, not from the surgery but that I will fail. I have been eating chocolate and Cookies, know I shouldn't but can't seem to get this under control. I have worked really hard to get this done but now that it's here I'm nervous and worried that I really will not be able to succeed. I am going to do shakes til surgery day to get this under control.

Any suggestions on getting your head in the game? I was game face for months til now and now that I'm here I know I'm only sabotaging myself.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks

Right now you are feeling as if your going to the elecric chair. Like you will never have another piece of cake or eat a cookie again. It's a head game we play with ourselves, but it's not true. Once you clear all the obsticals after surgery and you move to solid foods again, you will be able to eat anything you want to. The magic is.....that you may not want to!

The mental and emotional reasons we eat and sabbotage ourselves on "diets" will be there until we are ready to face them, deal with them and put them into perspective in our lives. The band won't help that, but it will be an awesome tool to help you move through the phases you need to go through to work those issues out.

The band takes 100% commitment, and if you are willing to give it 100% it will return the favor and be there for you 100%.

So you can let yourself off the hook. You are not walking the green mile to the place where there are no longer Cookies and cake, you are moving you way to the green zone, where Cookies and cake are only visitors for specail holidays and occasions where a bite of them is good enough until the next occasion which is months away.

I'm a sweetie I love my sweets, yet I have been sitting behind this whole glass bowl of all kinds of favorite Halloween candy...chocolate, pure sugar nerds starbursts you name it ti's in there, and I can proudly say I have not touched not even ONE single piece of any of it.

I can honestly tell you that I have NO desire for it. When I am hungry I eat, I choose food that is good for me with Protein in it and I tell myself to appease my visual and head hunger that if you want it Lisa then have it...and the reply is...nope I"m good thanks.

Be kind to yourself and know that you can do this, and the band is an amazing tool that is there to help you as YOU work your way through learning how to use the band, and how to face those cookie monsters and clear them away once and for all.

For me the band is not a race, it's a life long journey. I'm not looking to post huge numbers of weight lost in 6 months, I'm looking to share realistic numbers of weight gone forever never to return over the course of the rest of my life.

I know I didn't gain this 100+ pounds in 6 months it took me 23 years, and if it takes me 2 years to lose it all that's a BIG WIN in my book!!

Best of luck to you, and always come back to the group here there are many with good advice and support. It really helps me!!

Right now you are feeling as if your going to the elecric chair. Like you will never have another piece of cake or eat a cookie again. It's a head game we play with ourselves, but it's not true. Once you clear all the obsticals after surgery and you move to solid foods again, you will be able to eat anything you want to. The magic is.....that you may not want to! The mental and emotional reasons we eat and sabbotage ourselves on "diets" will be there until we are ready to face them, deal with them and put them into perspective in our lives. The band won't help that, but it will be an awesome tool to help you move through the phases you need to go through to work those issues out. The band takes 100% commitment, and if you are willing to give it 100% it will return the favor and be there for you 100%. So you can let yourself off the hook. You are not walking the green mile to the place where there are no longer Cookies and cake, you are moving you way to the green zone, where cookies and cake are only visitors for specail holidays and occasions where a bite of them is good enough until the next occasion which is months away. I'm a sweetie I love my sweets, yet I have been sitting behind this whole glass bowl of all kinds of favorite Halloween candy...chocolate, pure sugar nerds starbursts you name it ti's in there, and I can proudly say I have not touched not even ONE single piece of any of it. I can honestly tell you that I have NO desire for it. When I am hungry I eat, I choose food that is good for me with Protein in it and I tell myself to appease my visual and head hunger that if you want it Lisa then have it...and the reply is...nope I"m good thanks. Be kind to yourself and know that you can do this, and the band is an amazing tool that is there to help you as YOU work your way through learning how to use the band, and how to face those cookie monsters and clear them away once and for all. For me the band is not a race, it's a life long journey. I'm not looking to post huge numbers of weight lost in 6 months, I'm looking to share realistic numbers of weight gone forever never to return over the course of the rest of my life. I know I didn't gain this 100+ pounds in 6 months it took me 23 years, and if it takes me 2 years to lose it all that's a BIG WIN in my book!! Best of luck to you, and always come back to the group here there are many with good advice and support. It really helps me!!

thank you so very much Lisa. What you said makes so much sense. I am 100% committed and just have to keep remembering that in the hard times. I started fresh this AM and am ready to make life long healthy changes. Not sure if I posted in the wrong place. I'm getting sleeved but that really doesn't matter, sleeve/band the struggles are the same. Thank you for taking the time to reply.