Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I met with my surgeon yesterday for the first time. I had attended his support group a day earlier and unfortunately got lost on the way there and showed up only to catch the last 15 min:( but it was enough to know there would be supporters there to connect with. I did the whole gamete of labs (which I didn't expect to have done lol) paper work spoke to the dietician, about Portion Control and making good food choices. I felt like she was telling me what I had already known. I felt a little silly actually when she was talking to me. Like maybe this isn't the best choice for me, that maybe I could give it an honest go of it one last time. If I could just follow her pre-op suggestions and go back to WW. Then came the surgeon he looked things over with me and said I was a perfect candidate for the sleeve. He wants to do an endoscopy to see the stomach before we actually go into surgery. I guess that's his protocol. Anyone else have to do this? Anyhow as he was talking to me I started to feel hopeful that this could work! I could have this done and be a success. I admitted to him that I knew he would do his job, and the rest was up to me. That I had enlisted the help of a therapist (which I meet with next week) and I needed to change behaviors. if I really want to have an HONEST go of this. He was VERY surprised that my ins does not require weight management, and said I could have this done rather quickly!!! I went to the finance dept and she was surprised as well how "Easy" this could all be she said I could potentially have this done the last week of Dec or first week of Jan depending on Holidays and how quick I would have my phycology appt done. Needless to say I'm scared, hopeful, my mind is wondering is this it for me. I have a second chance at getting my body back my control back...Will I take it??? I'm an all or nothing kinda girl. I want to say YES!!! take it and run girl!!! But the fat girl in me that keeps letting herself down is afraid I will let myself down with this too. I need encouragement. I feel confused but if I have to be honest its not confusion, it's the fear of not being able to eat things away anymore and having to deal with them head on, and finding a healthier means of coping and I know that's exactly what this surgery will force me into. Thank the Lord for my extremely supportive Mr. Awesome, and the ability to have a therapist help me along the way. And of course the community here, I read so much of what all post and try to stay optimistic and fearless. Thanks for listening this is just one of the first pages of my revival;)

post-196039-0-22295800-1383916367_thumb.jpg

post-196039-0-75170200-1383916395_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your first meeting! Mine is on Monday and I can't wait! I loved your post and wish you the best of luck in this journey.

Autumn

Thanks Autumn, I wish you a successful 1st meeting as well! Let me know how it goes.

My surgeon requires an endoscopy beforehand, too. I have to say I'm jealous that your insurance doesn't require supervised weight loss and that you can have the surgery done so quickly--my surgeon's office requires 3 mos. and my insurance requires 6 mos.!