Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein???

I know I should know this by now, but I forgot.

How many minimum grams of Protein are we suppose to have in a day????

I do think it differs depending on weight. I often get only 60 or 80 grams but at my weight, 310, I'm supposed to get quite a bit more, so the chart says. Here's a link to one of many Protein calculators on line. You can check out what you are supposed to consume based on your weight and extent of daily activity. With other calculators the numbers are a bit different, so I don't think it is a hard science type of calculation. Also, as Bubblebutt says, your lean body mass may be more important. In my case my lean body mass is probably about 22 pounds. :)

http://www.inch-aweigh.com/calc_protein.htm

I know I should know this by now, but I forgot.

How many minimum grams of Protein are we suppose to have in a day????

The literature my doctor gave me says "a goal of at least 60 grams of protein/day is typically recommended for the post-bariatric surgery diet." But I also remember him saying that during the first few weeks you should try to get at least 25 grams because it's almost impossible to get 60 on the liquid diet. Good luck!

Yeah Cloe, at least 60. Shouldn't be too tough. Cottage cheese is really good for it. *wink wink*

Which reminds me: I need to get more Protein. I definitely don't practice what I preach.

The literature my doctor gave me says "a goal of at least 60 grams of protein/day is typically recommended for the post-bariatric surgery diet." But I also remember him saying that during the first few weeks you should try to get at least 25 grams because it's almost impossible to get 60 on the liquid diet. Good luck!

That's why I like those Micellar Milk Protein shakes. 12 oz of liquid (like a can of soda), 40 grams of Protein, 2 grams of fat, 4 grams of sugar, 220 calories.

I usually start the day with one. They are OK straight, but a little bland. No major protein taste. Usually I blend up a chocolate one with a banana and a little Peanut Butter, or I blend up a vanilla one with a banana and some yogurt. It takes a while to drink the whole thing but that's not a big problem. I feel like once I start the day with that combo I'm off to a good start on the necessaries. I also have a Centrum chewable Vitamin, a couple Viactive Calcium chewy things, and a tablespoon of cod liver oil. I found a brand of cod liver oil that is virtually tasteless. It's still a bit gross swallowing a tablespoon of oil but it's not too bad if you chase it with something. It covers those Omega 3s. Once all that stuff is in me I feel like Priapus of the tribe of Inamed. I have not told my wife about this.

EEEEK, I was thinking 20 grams(I don't know why). I better watch, I'm very tight and not eating a whole heck-of-alot right now.

I start with a boost for breakie, it has 15 grams, after that it's just whatever I'm eating that day.

Does anyone from CANADA know another drink than boost thats better than 15 grams but still low in calories???

I say 'CANADIANS', only cause Canada is VERY limited to what we can get, I still luv the rest of the world.:girl_hug:

EEEEK, I was thinking 20 grams(I don't know why). I better watch, I'm very tight and not eating a whole heck-of-alot right now.

I start with a boost for breakie, it has 15 grams, after that it's just whatever I'm eating that day.

Does anyone from CANADA know another drink than boost thats better than 15 grams but still low in calories???

I say 'CANADIANS', only cause Canada is VERY limited to what we can get, I still luv the rest of the world.:girl_hug:

I have not checked for sure but I would imagine you can order anything you want on line and they will deliver to a Canadian address. I prefer to do things that way even when I don't have to. Might I recommend Micellar Milk? 40 grams of Protein in one drink.

Might I recommend Micellar Milk? 40 grams of Protein in one drink.

Is it milk??? Is it good??? And where do I sign up???

Is it milk??? Is it good??? And where do I sign up???

I think it's good, especially blended with fruit or yogurt. It's fine straight, just a little bland. No bad taste to it at all.

I only know of on line places to get it. Here's one:

http://www.nextag.com/micellar/search-html

As for signing up, I'm the only North American agent for signing up for Micellar Milk. I've got you down on the list now, so you are officially signed up. :heh:

Seems pretty expensive! And I agree with Loriely... Cloe, you should try some Unjury. Buy one container and give it a try.... shipping's cheap! (which is another issue with your guys' american products, yeah they'll ship to Canada, but at outrageous costs!)

Just to muddy the Water. I have been using NxCare IsoXP whey Isolate http://www.supplementscanada.com/popeyes/product256.html

It is okay, but I find it to be a bit too sweet for when I am drinking it first things in the morning.

When I am done that one I will be going back to Optimum Nutrition Classic whey - chocolate. It is what I used when I was all buff in my university days, and it is really cheap right now $26.99 for 5lbs here http://www.supplementscanada.com/

The are located in Canada so you wont get nailed for shipping & duty. They also have brick & mortar stores under the name Popeye's supplements.

Andrew

interesting.... is the Optimum Nutrition "good", Andrew?

Everyone's so different though... I might like that sweet one and find the O.N. one too bland. You really just need to try a whole bunch. It's too bad you can't get samples of EVERYthing.