Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New, nervous, excited could use support

Try looking into Bariatric Advantage Vitamins. From what I've read on here it seems like there tends to be a lot of different answers on here about Vitamins. From the research I know of we need specially formulated vitamins bc of the RNY physical mechanics. Which makes sense. The body can't absorb "regular" vitamins' date=' even those w/o surgery don't actually absorb the full amount. Bariatric Advantage has both chewable and liquid formulas that actually taste good. There is another company, Nutrametrix that is all liquids. I had RNY 9 years ago and was instructed to take Centrum, Citracal, and any Ferrous Fumarate Iron and sublingual B-12. I have developed some bad Vitamin deficiencies. My NUT recommends started the vitamins right away since they are chewable and/or liquid. Good luck![/quote']

Thank you this was extremely helpful I will go out and buy some ASAP and start my Vitamin input now

Don't worry about that person name turnthepage ..he/she talks down to everyone an we wish it would remove itself from this forum :) I have a lot of same converse as u I'm just going to buy the liquid or chewable Vitamin from my doc office n some other things so that I know I have the right ones most people use liquid or chewable ones at first I've freaked myself out watching the excess skin video on youtube lol but I just started my plastic surgery savings account now there are lots of great stuff on you tube of people going thru the post op stages I've watched so many an done so.much reading but u still can't be prepared for everything is how I.look at it my surgery is 11/19 I can't wait!!!

I'm sorry. That was an unfair statement. Furtherance apologized for posting on the wrong thread...twice. They have always been supportive and frank to me and are to most people on here. This is not a site to degrade others so please be kind.

I'm sorry. That was an unfair statement. Turnthepage apologized for posting on the wrong thread...twice. They have always been supportive and frank to me and are to most people on here. This is not a site to degrade others so please be kind.

I ordered my Vitamins from Bariatric Choice and Bariatric Advantage. Just google those two to find them. Just keep in mind a few things. Don't start off buying huge quantities of anything, just in case you don't like how they taste. Get calcium citrate for your Calcium. Oh and avoid Gummy type vitamins. Be ready for a drastic change in your taste buds right after surgery, and that will be less pronounced over time. Get up and walk as soon as they let you- hospital beds always give me back aches and walking helped with that. Plus it helps you lungs and circulation. Oh, and it is perfectly normal to be anxious right before your surgery. Oh, and make sure that when they start "feeding" you at the hospital, the person delivering your "food". Gives you the proper "food". They messed mine up every time. You are improving your life and this is a big step. And it takes courage and determination to do this. So be proud as you take this journey. You are awesome! And i hope you the very best!