Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm only a little over a week post op, but looking to make sure I get all my Protein requirements in. I'm already getting a little tired of Protein shakes. I found Wellesse through web surfing and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with it. It has 10 g of protein per 1 oz serving. Seems like it might be an easier way to get all the protein in. Would love to hear any opinions about it or any other protein supplements besides Bariatric Advantage and powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.

http://www.wellesse.com/our-supplements/protein/

Hydrolyzed collagen Protein ....I do believe this is not good for bypass patient we wont absorb it well...we need whey protein.

You shouldn't have much longer before you are able to start soft foods..can you have sf Jello? Make some with protein powder..search for some shake recipes to add variety. Do you have Unjury chicken Soup? Unflavored?

GNC has a good one Total Lean lots of flavors...good luck

I know the info on the Wellesse website is provided to sell their products but they specifically say it is good for bariataric surgery patients. I'd like to find out more about this product. 10g of Protein in one ounce while my stomach is the size of an egg sounds great to me. My Protein Shakes now give me 20 to 23 grams of protein but they are 8 ounces of liquid -- it would take hours to get it all down and I'd still need more. 10 g in one ounce liquid sounds smart -- just for the early weeks. I am going to a required nutritio class on Monday. I'll ask about it, altho I bet the NUT knows nothing. I have yet to meet a NUT working for a bariataric clinic that knew anything about the needs of bariatric patients and nutrition.

Nevermind -- I took a closer look at the Wellesse site. They sell lots of supps in liquid form -- which greatly interests me -- but they do not actually recommend their Protein liquid for bariatric patients. You were right, Truckerchic.

Here is a good site she breaks down Proteins that we can have...it still confuses me sometimes but the good thing is its only a limited time we will depend on these

http://www.personal-nutrition-guide.com/protein-shakes.html

You need Whey Protein. The 4 ones the are highly recommended by the medical community and liked by patients are Unjury, Isopure, nectar and Plant fusion. All of them have unflavored versions that you can mix with just about anything.

Thanks for the link. I am having a hard time w my Proteins. I like them now and 2 secs later I cant tolerate it.