Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my 6 month follow up today. I was 208 on the doctors scale. Down from 288.8 dos/311 first appt. Most of my labs were good. I did have some liver levels that were a bit high and will need more investigation from my PCP. I also need to add a vit a supplement. One of my albumin levels was low. I need more Protein.

I have been getting the min 60 required by my NUT and aim for higher but I guess it hasn't been enough. Of course when I said I have been adding a Protein shake back in...the dr wants me to use food. I can't eat that much! I asked about calories and was told under 1200. I have trouble getting to 900. I don't eat Pasta, rice, bread or potatoes. You can only eat so much! LOL.

She was happy with my progress and said she expects ill hit 160 by one year....giving me a little "bounce back" room. So....48 lbs to go? I have my doubts!

Yeah big hug for you how WONDERFUL for you. Looking forward to my three month check up.

Surgery date 9/4/2013 HW 259 RYN 238, this week 209

Had my 6 month follow up today. I was 208 on the doctors scale. Down from 288.8 dos/311 first appt. Most of my labs were good. I did have some liver levels that were a bit high and will need more investigation from my PCP. I also need to add a vit a supplement. One of my albumin levels was low. I need more Protein.

I have been getting the min 60 required by my NUT and aim for higher but I guess it hasn't been enough. Of course when I said I have been adding a Protein shake back in...the dr wants me to use food. I can't eat that much! I asked about calories and was told under 1200. I have trouble getting to 900. I don't eat pasta' date=' rice, bread or potatoes. You can only eat so much! LOL.

She was happy with my progress and said she expects ill hit 160 by one year....giving me a little "bounce back" room. So....48 lbs to go? I have my doubts![/quote']

Maybe try Ostrim beef and ostrich sticks - 80 cals and 14gr of potein. I like teriyaki flavor. I always keep one in my purse. :-)

Having you already been taking a multi Vitamin, Calcium + vit. D, Iron and B12? You mentioned that you needed to add a supplement. You must take these Vitamins for the rest of your life. Since I stopped taking them after 8 years I quickly developed a deficiency with effects that I can't adverse.

I take a Multi-Vitamin 2x a day, vit d, b1, B12, Iron & Calcium but appatently my Vit A is still low.

My A is low, too, but, my doc referred me to my nut to get food choices. He doesn't recommend Vitamin A supplements since A is stored in the liver, thus levels can become too high.

My A is low' date=' too, but, my doc referred me to my nut to get food choices. He doesn't recommend Vitamin A supplements since A is stored in the liver, thus levels can become too high.[/quote']

Hmmm...interesting. She wants me to take it for a month to get my problems up to normal and that after that the regular Multivitamin should be sufficient.

We are like little lab experiments. :-)

Maybe try Ostrim beef and ostrich sticks - 80 cals and 14gr of potein. I like teriyaki flavor. I always keep one in my purse. :-)

Where do you purchase these??

(Pre op) sw 341~cw 319~gw 140