Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready in Sprinfield Mo

Hi! I'm maziemommy. I live in Springfield Mo. I'm getting ready to have Lap-Band surgery. My Dr. is Christopher Edwards. Has anyone heard anything negative about his work? I should be having surgery this month 3-2007. Any information would be wonderful in advance. I'm excited to be part of LapBandTalk. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Welcome to LBT maziemommy! It's nice to have you join us! Good luck with your upcoming surgery! Keep us informed as to how you are doing!

Thank you for the welcoming....I will keep you informed.

I see you seem to be doing well...81# in less than 5 months--that's incredible! I hope to do so well.

I have been very blessed with my weight loss. It has been a total shock to me since I have never been able to loss weight in my life! I told my hubby when we decided to do this that if I was going to do something this drastic, I was going to make it work. I have been working really hard and have seen wonderful results! It's not always easy, but always worth it!

Congratulations Denise!!!!!Keep up the good work. You are quickly becoming a role model.

As a "yet to be banded" the enevitable question.....Though you are quite young, are you seeing the dredded saggy skin or do you have good luck so far? Any tips?

I'm 34 years and>350#- I expect to be a really big loser!!

I have never thought of myself as a role model but thank you. :embarassed: So far I have not had any saggy skin but I feel it will happen. When I went in for my last fill my doc said to start saving my money to have the skin removed. He said more than likely I will have some. My physical therapist told me to drink a lot of Water and do toning exercises to help with it and so far it must be working. :biggrin1: I am planning to have whatever surgery needed to make me look fantastic. I am not going through this to not look great! :heh: (Vain, I know.) As you can see from my ticker, I am hoping to be a big loser too!

If you don't object, may I ask you starting weight-most are less than mine, 367#. Some are ALOT less than me!!! I also heard that if you wear "compression type" garments (like spanx) it helps to fight gravity and saggy!

Do you think there is any truth to this? -- my doc says" maybe--try it"!

I don't mind. My starting weight was 405. I am a supersized bandster. I know nothing about compression garments. I have never tried them. If they really fight gravity and sagging, I should get one for the girls; they are needing a little lift! :heh:

supersized bandster--I like that

I think you are like most and all the girls need a little lift!!!!

Does anyone have any information on Dr. Christopher Edwards-St. John's hospital-Springfield Mo. I'm having a hard time finding the "less than desirable" goods on his work--everything I see and hear must be, too good to be true. If he is great I'm in luck.....I've never been, in luck, before so, it makes me kind of nervous.

Any good bad or other would be appreciated---health to all

Maziemommy, I went to the seminar on 3/19. I was impressed with Dr. Edwards. I am not sure if I will be able to get banded in Springfield due to Ins. but I will get it done somewhere.

How is the liquid diet?

Post an update when you have your surgery.

Good Luck, ala...