Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self paying Canadian wants a sleeve

Where can I go to get a sleeve? I'm scared about going to Mexico. Anywhere in Canada? Or close to the border? If so, what are the prices like?

I was scared at first about going to Mexico as well. I was terrified in fact… But as I read reviews and did a lot of research I'm pretty impressed! I will be going to Dr. Ortiz at the OCC in Mexico in February.

I am from Pennsylvania and also a self payer.

Edited by covatila84

I'm worried because they're health care is not as high as Canadians. What kind of research did you do? What piece of information help you make your final decision?

Hello,

I am from Canada , near Ottawa (Gatineau) and i got a sleeve in Tijuana Mexico. I had my sleeve 6 months ago and i am very satisfaited with the agency i deal with (ALighterMe) and the doctors are very professionnals also the hospital are very clean.

If you want to know more invite me in Facebook and go see my progress pictures, i will be please!

Celine lecuyer on facebook ( the picture on my profile is a red drapes but you can see all my progress in my photos album.

celinelecuyer@live.ca

post-50189-13838397069324_thumb.jpg

post-50189-13838397070487_thumb.jpg

But what if you needed follow ups? Do you have to go back to Mexico to see your surgeons? No where in Canada does them?

Hello,

Well i took a year to do some recherches and belive me Mexico had very height standards as concerned health and expertise. I deal with 3 medical agencies and i choose ALightertMe (4,200 all incluted) beacause they anwser all my questions many times and the staff are very professionnals. I received a 5 stars service since the beginind and the end of the process to get my sleeve. My family doctor approuved my decision and i told me a lot of goods things about the mexican doctors and the medical care i was gone to received from them. I got no regrets at all and no way i will be treat and pay 3 or 4 time the price in Canada. It will be the same for my cosmetic surgery , i will go to Cuba soon because they have the best doctors for cosmetic and ther price are very low. I save a lot of money to go to differents couwntrie and i dont want to pay a mercedez to the canadians doctors. This is my opinion about the medicals procedures in differents counwtries.

Céline

Hello,

My family doctor follow me and i send my for blood test. Before you leave Mexico, the doctors do some leak test and they make sure everethings is ok. After the surgery, you have to follow strictely the recommandations from the doctors, if you do , you wont have any problems at all. I consederated the sleeve as an easy surgery and i am very happy with my deecision.

Céline