Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had a great recovery was up and about cooking walking in the park doing some light exercise felt great ....the last few days I have a sore to touch and pulling feeling above my incision that has the suture . When I stand up it can't completely stand up straight right away it takes a few mins . Any ideas if this is normal ? I spoke to my nurse practitioner today she says if it there's no redness swelling or heat coming from the area it should be fine , but I can't help but be worried cause I start work tomorrow. I'm a hairdresser .

Had a great recovery was up and about cooking walking in the park doing some light exercise felt great ....the last few days I have a sore to touch and pulling feeling above my incision that has the suture . When I stand up it can't completely stand up straight right away it takes a few mins . Any ideas if this is normal ? I spoke to my nurse practitioner today she says if it there's no redness swelling or heat coming from the area it should be fine ' date=' but I can't help but be worried cause I start work tomorrow. I'm a hairdresser .[/quote']

My surgery date isn't until a few weeks so I can't speak for what's normal but listen to you body and don't push yourself too much. Now much time did you take off? Not that is comparable but I did have ear surgery once and I felt a pulling feeling for like 3 weeks lol

I took 3 weeks off . But I'm going easy cut my hours and gave enough time to relax between clients . I just read a similar post and I feel a bit better. ????

I was sleeved on October 15th and I am having the same problem with my port incision. Burning / pain when going to sit or stand. And walking up steps. My dr warned me that this site would be the longest to heal. I also developed a hardness right under the incision from what I am told that is scar tissue developing. I think we will be fine from what I am reading from others. Just part of the process.

I'm having the same problem. When I stand or walk I'm fine, but sitting and bending is really painful. My surgery was the 17th and I went back to work yesterday and I have a desk job. By the time I get home from work it's really tender, and my pain meds don't help :(

I was told there's a stitch somewhere in there that they used to help prevent a hernia from developing and it can tug. My main incision has been indented from day one, almost like they pulled too tight or something. My surgeon told me that as long as it doesn't bruise I'm fine...bruising is a sign that that stitch has torn.

My pain almost completely went away it's like it had to get worse be4 it got better . The indent from where the stitch was is almost gone and I no longer feel a burning pulling feeling from it . So happy !!!!! Wonder if I can sleep on my stomach now I'll give it a bit be4 I try .

This totally happened to me too. I am also a hair dresser. I went back to work on Tuesday. Wed night I thought I was gonna die.I am only doing two clients a day but now I wish it was just one client a day. It is also very difficult to stay hydrated while working. The first 2 days o had a hard time remembering to stop and sip. My advice; take it easy and maybe set a little timer to sip every 5 min. Good luck!