Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nectar Lemonade 19.99 clearance at Vitamin Shoppe!

Hi all. I wanted to share the love. I went to the Vitamin Shoppe for the first time yesterday. I was hoping to scope out those nectar Protein Drinks I keep hearing about. I wanted to try the iced tea. Well, guess what!? They had the lemonade and crystal sky (a blue 'punch') on sale 50% off. I was told it was being discontinued. So it was 19.98! I bought one of each flavor and, though not as good as a non-protein drink like crystal light, it was certainly better than my chocolate Protein.

The lemonade was the best of the two. I had to ignore the smell (it has they whey scent) and the cloudy color, but the taste was mild and definately hints of lemonade. I'll take it! The crystal sky was ok. Again, mild for a Protein powder. It tasted a bit like a blue raspberry tootsie roll pop.

I was told they would carry them at 50% off til the sold our of the stock from the warehouse.

Thick'nThin. Thanks for the info. I stopped and bought some on Friday and noticed it was half price, but didn't question why. We really like it so, I better go grab a couple more while they're available. Thanks for the tip!!!!! Btw, I add a tiny bit f crystal light lemonade powder to boot the flavor just a bit!!!!

I am trying to get setup with my Protein needs preop here. I have 5lbs of unflavored whey, which frankly smells like powdered milk (not a pleasant smell!), that I have no idea what to do with. Hope I can get some recipes. Any ideas?

Thanks for the tip! If I am able to get my Protein shake and Water in right after surgery perhaps I'll make a half crystal light, half nectar lemonade blend to make it even more palletable. I don't want to get sick of my shakes like everyone seems to get. I can see feeling that way drinking the chocolate shakes. I hope this will help, along with any recipes I make or read for using this unflavored whey.

Oh, btw- I tried blending frozen strawberries in my Water before blending in the nectar with a fork. It was alright but I don't think I could have that right away post-op with the seeds. I added a splenda packet. A couple shots of rum and I'd have a daiquiri...lol. Ya, that's gonna be off the table for a while! :rolleyes:

My sx is tomorrow so I'm on Clear liquids only today. So I used unflavored Protein and mixed it with beef bouillon. It was ok. Kinda ehhh, but I suspect more because I want food more than any thing related to the Protein.

FYI adding a little sf banana pudding to chocolate or vanilla Protein Powder is heavenly!!!! So very yummy. Good luck

Congratulations! You've made it through the dreaded preop liquid diet (2 weeks?)

How are you feeling about tomorrow? I wish you well on this exciting journey!

Try adding unflavored to anything lol unless its over that crazy temp than it becomes thick and nasty, but I mixed schoop of my unflavored into tuna mayo , well I am on pureed but you get idea. Anything that will kill its nasty taste lol Good Luck tomorrow Jennifer.

Thanks ladies! I'm on my 2nd Clear Liquids only day and it's rough! I've cried about 4x today for no real reason. I m starving and nothing sounds good..... And I haven't gotten my Protein in today. I'm about to shower then drink something, and hopefully I can convince myself I'm satisfied. The first 12 days were a piece of cake compared to this. And I lost 20 lbs to boot!! Thanks for the well wishes and I'll talk to y'all from the sleeved side.