Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2013 Sleevers Roll call!

Hello everyone !!! I hope all is well or at least getting there. I know it's been a little ruff for many of us getting used to our new norm, but we'll be just fine... I'm looking forward to Spring already by then I would love to be 60lbs lighter and I'm already halfway there in one month....My husband and I are planning on renewing our vows in Vegas and spending our 10 yr wedding anniversary in Costa Rica so I'm looking forward to doing some shopping for clothes to fit my new body... I'm so excited and that's motivating me.. Even though my weight lose has stalled a little you know that 3 week stall everyone dreads and on top of that I think for us females that still get our monthly, we don't loose much during that week either. What I am excited about is shedding 9 1/2 inches in 3 weeks yaaayyy!!! #Stay motivated guys

Congrats on renewing your vows and have fun shopping for those sexy new clothes

Went for my 6 week check up yesterday

HW-274

SW-265

CW-224

Still not even trying to eat meals just basics of scrambled egg for Breakfast, lunch a Soup or cottage cheese and dinner mashed potatoes or cottage cheese and sugar free fudge pop for snack. Rarely any meat it's too heavy for me and makes my tummy ache

As of Monday, I'm 60 lbs down from my highest weight in April (286) when I started pre-op, and 30 lbs down from my surgery date (October 15). I'm very happy with this, and am averaging 3 lbs per week. I'm making my goals for the most part, but am really starting to HATE food. What a chore!!!

Surgery day 10/1

Hw 308

Sw 298

Cw 246

Not having any problems at all so far getting in all my Protein and fluids no problem. Feeling blessed! :-) Hit a big stall at 3 weeks out but happy the scale is moving again!

Sw:249

Cw:204

I never get all my Protein in, but I try to get liquids in. I feel so much better already and I can't wait for next summer! I lost weight the day after thanksgiving (that has never happened).

Surgery date: 10-18-13

Surgery weight: 236

Current weight: 204

Goal weight: 155

Ohhhh... your so close to onederland!!!

HI,

Surgery date 10/29/13

Before weight 232

5 weeks out weight 204

I have issues with menu's. I sucked at preparing meals before this surgery and now I am just so overwhelmed with it. I don't know what to eat. I am told I should be eating 25-30 grams of Protein per meal. I am just so confused.

Overall I feel good.

Hello everyone!

This is my first post :)

I just had my two month post op. Doc said he wants me to lose five pounds per week. That sounds low to me. Does anyone else have goals that low? Also- as a side note- I'm finding that the hardest part is not drinking while eating. I mean- a hard boiled egg is like glue without a drink.

Went for my 6 week check up yesterday HW-274 SW-265 CW-224 Still not even trying to eat meals just basics of scrambled egg for breakfast, lunch a Soup or cottage cheese and dinner mashed potatoes or cottage cheese and sugar free fudge pop for snack. Rarely any meat it's too heavy for me and makes my tummy ache

Have you tried fish or chicken?

I just had my two month post op. Doc said he wants me to lose five pounds per week. That sounds low to me. Does anyone else have goals that low? Also- as a side note- I'm finding that the hardest part is not drinking while eating. I mean- a hard boiled egg is like glue without a drink.

I think that is fairly realistic

Hi All,

Just had my 5 week post op check up and was down another 10 lbs. Yay! Still on a pureed menu until Christmas Eve then on to regular foods. The 30 before/after no drinking fluids rule is making it a bit difficult to get in all my liquids; but I'm doing my best to keep hydrated properly. Other than that things are going pretty well. Good luck to everyone!

:D

Went for my 6 week check up yesterday HW-274 SW-265 CW-224 Still not even trying to eat meals just basics of scrambled egg for breakfast, lunch a Soup or cottage cheese and dinner mashed potatoes or cottage cheese and sugar free fudge pop for snack. Rarely any meat it's too heavy for me and makes my tummy ache

Have you tried fish or chicken?
I haven't tried either besides in soup but want to start trying I just have to go shopping now to get some fish and chicken. When I talked to the dr I told her that I wasn't eating meat yet and she said that was fine as long as I'm eating Protein.< /p>

Edited by disterdis

Surgery day 10/1 Hw 308 Sw 298 Cw 246 Not having any problems at all so far getting in all my Protein and fluids no problem. Feeling blessed! :-) Hit a big stall at 3 weeks out but happy the scale is moving again!

OBnurse, are you back to work yet? I'm having the hardest time. I can barely get 3 glasses of Water in let alone eat some days when it's busy. How are you doing it at work?

Sw 233

Cw 204

Woo hoo!!