Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery UK

Hi sugarplum...

The TT will be the best thing you ever done (after the band) I had one done when I lost a lot of weight before, It was amazing.

Unfortunately I gained the weight back!! Terrible, but results not totally ruined funny enough...if only I'd have known about the band then..

Anyway..I've yet to start a family.. If I can I would get another TT in a few years after all babies r done with PG! that's hoping I am successful with my band ( if I get approved on my consulation 02/April!

Good luck & well done to you

Thankyou for your post, good luck with your upcoming band, i will HAVE MY T/T on 22nd of may, im looking forward to the t/t very much but i also have big issues with mrsa as i had it when i was banded so im a little worried that i will get it again this time, more so because the scars will much bigger, ill let u know how i get on

thanx Liz xxxx

Oh sugarplum

I hope u wont be infected with the terrible MRSA when u hv yr TT done. What is wrong with UK hospital. Recently a mate I knew had breast reconstruction and Tummy Tuck, and contracted mrsa too. When I had my lapband op done in Belgium, I hv never see a hospital so clean. I think Liberty Suzanne can vouched for me on that. The hospital in Chimay was so spotless I was totally amazed. Nothing like our UK hosp. But Im keeping my finger cross for you.

Oh sugarplum

I hope u wont be infected with the terrible MRSA when u hv yr TT done. What is wrong with UK hospital. Recently a mate I knew had breast reconstruction and Tummy Tuck, and contracted mrsa too. When I had my lapband op done in Belgium, I hv never see a hospital so clean. I think Liberty Suzanne can vouched for me on that. The hospital in Chimay was so spotless I was totally amazed. Nothing like our UK hosp. But Im keeping my finger cross for you.

Yep, the hospital in Chimay was so clean I could walk bare foot and my feet were still spotless. We could learn a lot from the Belgians and Dutch. They can say that they are 99.9% free of the risk of MRSA. They are meticulous when they clean. As Saggi says there is something wrong with our hospitals in having such a bad record! In the 19th Century the saying was 'cleanliness was next to godliness.' That seems to have been forgotten. The NHS has been cutting the wrong corners!

I'm sure your T/T will go fine and I cant wat to see how you look. Sorry, shouldn't go on about the NHS when you are having op done in the UK. Not all hospitals are the same :bolt:

Hi sugarplum,

Dont mean to be rude but I saw yr before and after photo (in which u look gorgeous by the way), did you have anything done to yr boobs too? Cos its much smaller now. Or would you be thinking of having anything done to it? Im asking cos unfortunately with weight lose, my boobs the 1st to shrink and point south, and Im thinking in a years time once my weight goes down to my 'desire' weight, I am thinking not only of TT but also a boobs lift whatever it is call.

hello Katie Im Due To Have My Tummy Tuck On May 22nd, Im Not Having A Full Tt Just A Apronectomy, But Its Still Pretty Scary 4 Me. My Second Band Anniversary Is On 22nd March, I Must Say Im A Little Worried About My Upcoming Op But I Think I Will Go Through With It. I Will Let You All Know How I Get On

liz Xxx

Hi

I have only recently had my band (7 weeks) but will need cosmetics done later for sure. Where were you banded and are the funding yout TT as well?

Love

MV

i Was Banded In North East Of England On Nhs And They Are Also Funding My Tummy Tuck In May, Im A Little Scared Coz Of Mrsa As I Had That Wen I Was Banded, But Ill Let U Know How I Get On .

liz Xx

i Was Banded In North East Of England On Nhs And They Are Also Funding My Tummy Tuck In May, Im A Little Scared Coz Of Mrsa As I Had That Wen I Was Banded, But Ill Let U Know How I Get On .

liz Xx

Oooh, I have roots up there...LOL

That sounds promising that they are fuding the TT...I hope mine does too although its early days yet.

Many thanks for that

Love

MV

xx

Hello again, just a update on whats been happening regarding my Abdominoplasty, i had my pre op assesment last week and im fit for surgery, they were very thourough with me, and re tested me 4 mrsa which i had when i was banded. Im glad to say ive had the results back for them tests and they are mrsa clear ! So my surgery will be going ahead 22nd May. Im quite nervous as its major surgery and as well as doing hip 2 hip they will be cutting up my middle up to the breast bone, i will have to wear a corsett for up to four months but i dont mind that or even the pain, its infection im more concerned about, any way thats my update ill let you all know how i get on. :)

Liz XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Sugarplum

Good luck with that, do let us know how you get on. Can I ask you why they're cutting up the middle? My daughter had one but was only cut hip to hip.

Love

MV

Hi Sugarplum

Good luck with that, do let us know how you get on. Can I ask you why they're cutting up the middle? My daughter had one but was only cut hip to hip.

Love

MV

Hello MV they are going to be cutting me up the middle because of loose skin on my sides, they will be cutting a upside down V out from the breast bone down to pull in the loose skin at the sides.

Just to let you all know i have a new date for my t/t it has been re arranged for may 17th! thats 1 week away not long now, im even more nervous now the time draws near, ill keep in touch.

Liz xxxx