Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i've known that i was approved for surgery since about monday of this week. I emailed my doctors office to let them know and of course they sent me a long email talking about how they must recieve some approval number and confirmation number from my insurance. So me being NOT SO PATIENT; called my insurance company on thursday and asked if everything was moving along. The woman that i spoke to stated that everything was fine and that she would call my doctors office .... SO SHE DID and seriously 2 minutes later my patient insurace rep at the office emailed me saying everything was a go and that i can now come in for my final visit and schedul my surgery after paying nearly $1,000.00 when in the begining the only told me about $350.00. So the problem i have is that i am now having to wait until i can come up with the money for everything to be done. NOT ONLY THAT my doctor isnt going to be in the office at all the week of the 12th so now i either have to get it by thursday of this coming week or wait until the 19th.... IM SO DOWN !!! sorry if this is really long had to vent..

Have you applied with CareCredit? They approved me for almost all of my 18,00l so if your credit is good (not perfect) I would think 1000 wouldn't be hard to get. If you get approved online, they will email you a letter that you print out proving you have the credit instantly before you get your card in the mail.

i went through alot with insurance and work for three months. Take a deep breath and just save your money. I know how you feel

I just faxed my letter to my surgeon and that was all they needed.

Have you applied with CareCredit? They approved me for almost all of my 18' date='00l so if your credit is good (not perfect) I would think 1000 wouldn't be hard to get. If you get approved online, they will email you a letter that you print out proving you have the credit instantly before you get your card in the mail.[/quote']

That's a good idea I'm going to look into that

i went through alot with insurance and work for three months. Take a deep breath and just save your money. I know how you feel

I am truly tryin to breath ... Thanks for the support

I completely understand how you feel. My Dr office faxed in my paperwork and said it should only take 2-3 days. After five days I called in for progress. They said nothing yet, told me to be patient that sometimes it takes longer. By the middle of the next week I was going crazy. I called my ins. And they said they never received anything from my Dr office. So they had to resubmit the paperwork and that meant another 4 business day wait. Then... after all that because these surgeons are so popular it was another six weeks out for my surgery date! By the time it finally got here I was glad for the extra time. Just remember that everything happens for a reason and you will have your surgery when you're meant to. It will happen and you will do great!