Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My tummy hurts...

Don't know if this goes under this category, but here is my situation:

I ate a nut this morning... when I was tight... and it stuck. So all day I have been feeling this "thing". Took one bite of my hamburger meat at lunch and got stuck. Then I drank some coffee to try and help things.

I can drink liquids just fine.

At dinner, I ate some chicken, took my Vitamins, and drank my Water. All stayed down.

But now I still feel this "thing". It is kinda between my boobies, quite sore, and it won't go away even with tylenol.

So I am wondering. Could the nut be stuck? If a nut was stuck would it let other things pass? Or do you think that I am just inflammed from eating something so rough so early? Have never felt this one before.

Any suggestions on what to do? I have a fill appointment on Monday, so guess they can look around then, but I am feeling like I need a "poor baby" and a possible solution now if possible. Thanks.

Have you tried papaya enzyme? Sometimes it helps. I have heard of things getting stuck....but you are right it could also be residual swelling from the nut being a difficult thing to pass. I would go back tp strictly liquids for a day or so and see how you feel.

Also if you have any pineapple juice, it sometimes helps.

Hope you feel better VERY soon!

Kat

oh.....poor baby...I am so sorry you hurt....I really do, I am not being a smart a$$!

Thank you. I forgot about the pineapple juice. I have heard about it, and used it before, for drainage. So I just found a can and will sip it down and see if that helps.

It is really weird though, to hurt so badly over a stupid tiny nut. Guess I need to avoid them all together.

Pineapple juice has helped me before too---hope it helps you tonight. It is a shame you have to give up nuts---they are good for you. Did you chew it well? That is my problem with them---I have to package them into small amounts or I snack with abandon, and lapse into old habits, eat them fast and not chew well---and then I hurt! But never like you are talking in one spot....

Do you have tight restriction normally?

Hope your juice helped!

Kat

Pineapple juice is acidic enough to sometimes help flush a blockage on through. Papaya enzyme is a tablet you chew that does the same thing---in a more thorough manner I am told. I have never had to use the ones I have. I have also heard of people drinking liquid meat tenderizer to dissolve a stuck item---the man who told me about it was stuck on a grape peel, it had just plopped over the opening, and he was backing up with even saliva. So the Dr. told him to drink the tenderizer and he said within 15 minutes he FELT it pass!

Of the 3, pineapple juice at least tastes good! Have no idea about the papaya enzyme (I bought it at GNC). And pray I NEVER have to go the tenderizer route!!!

Kat

I am still sore today. And I THINK I chewed it well. It was one of those: "oh look a cashew" moments and I ate it without thinking. (We have a HUGE tub of mixed nuts left over from a party.) Still sore today. But feeling a little better. I don't know if the pineapple juice helped or not, but I have another can that I will drink later tonight. Just been eating slow and stopping at the first sign of anything.

I have noticed that after a few bites I get a productive hiccup... if there is such a thing.

I've been wondering about how you were feeling. Glad you are able to eat some. Maybe it is just swelling, and will ease with time. Old habits are SOOOO hard to break. I do that, grab something, pop it in my mouth chew a couple times, and about mid swallow I realize just what in the hell I just did! Keep me posted. I was told the papaya enzyme is not bad to taste---so you might keep it in mind.

I hiccup when I am FULL---it is a big signal to me, but it is not once, nor is it quiet---it takes a while for them to stop. So I really try to pay attention to the sniffly feeling I get, and stop instantly!

TTYL,

Kat

I just bought some from swansonvitamins.com. It happens to be on sale for 3.59, so I added it to my hoodia order. Figure it would be a safe bet to keep it on hand. They have it in chewable wafers, so that should be good for band issues.

I swear, I am going to rattle when I walk. If I can get this stuff down. :love: