Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

about 7 weeks out and having some worries

Well its probably nothing but i was excited about being cleared for normal foods but for some reason i cant really have more than a bite of anything because i have a nauseating feeling and want to puke and its pretty painful i guess its just adjustment issues but it gets old quick and there are times i jus wish to quit foods all together liquids are extremely fine like fruit smoothies, Water juice or stuff like that. ALso i have read the usually the stomach is still irritated and mayb swollen still from the procedure up to 8 weeks so could be that too anyone have this issue but on the plus side lost 3 more pounds lol so there is a bright side.

All sounds pretty normal :-)

The day after I was cleared to eat solid food, that's exactly what I did, tried to have 3 meals of normal foods. And was disappointed that I couldn't fit a lot of it in!

Your stomach doesn't know you are now eating normal foods, it's just going about it's business healing and digesting what it gets. So take it slowly and build up the amounts and types of solid foods you introduce, It needs time to readjust so don't cram it, it will have some swelling to lose and healing to do. The best advice I got was to chew, chew some more and when you think you can't chew any more - chew again. That really does help you get Protein in without it being painful or blocking your stomach with chunks of food. And try to eat one new thing a day to check tolerance.

It will and it does get easier. Just hang in there :-) Your weight loss is impressive so you are doing things right...

I'm little less then 3 weeks out, and I gave up on full liquids, went back to clear, I tried yogurt like the dr told me and it was so painful, just one luck sent me to my knees, I'm just playing it safe just like you Mr Gus, ill try again maybe next week, but I'm in not rush bc in losing like a lb a day over here:)

hey thanx for the advice Aspiring yea thats exactly how i feel trying to get in 3 meals a day feels impossible. YEa i have been trying to change it up every chance i get but ive seen i can tolerate foods but cant mix for example il have grilled chicken and some steamed brocolli a real small amount but couldnt hold it down now if i just have chicken thats fine or just veggies thats fine too. but i do hope swelling goes down and can get some food in and thanx about my weight loss im pretty surprised myself plus now that im going back to the gym i hope to keep it up at this pace if not well then hey life goes on! hope your journey is going well also :)

DreamBig yea i can relate to your feelings sometimes it feels like ive swallowed a brick! and i jus pace around my house hoping to walk it off but it does get to the point where ive gone back to the previous diet for the whole day just because that feeling is horriblebut like Aspiring Evangilist said hang in there it´ll get easier in due time. Thanx for sharing ur experience with this.

yea ive had that one usually its annoying gas bubble pretty painful but itll go eventually

I was told to chew to baby food consistency, which I guess probably feels like it's against the point when eating solid foods again for the first time. Good luck. I am not sleeved yet, but your post is very helpful.

TeachAmy im glad the post is helpful and i knw they say chew to that point but even so sometimes honestly it doesnt happen sometimes you swallw without even noticing and then think oh thats going to bite me in the butt later.... but again its all part of the decision we made or in your case will make and trust me i think it is still worth it i wish you well on your surgery and it will truely be a rollercoaster ride but at the end youll be so much stronger :D