Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

during my hospital stay

Hi

can I have my cell phone with me while im in the hospital recovering?

what clothes can I bring with me to the hospital to make my stay more comfortable?

thanks

I kept my cell phone with me. You will be in hospital gown the entire time. I took pajamas with me to wear home.

the second I was in my room, I had my phone. I wore sweats to the hospital and wore the same sweats home but I only stayed overnight. they provided socks, hospital gown, toiletries, etc. I didn't need for a thing.

Yes, and remember to take a charger with a really long cord. I suggest wearing the same clothes to and from the hospital -- loose things like sweat pants and a large T-shirt, Oh and remember to bring a small pillow to hold against your stomach when getting up and down, and then to place between your tummy and the seat belt on the way home.

You'll be in your hospital gown the entire time, but postop, once I was up and walking, I was allowed to put on my underwear and tank top under my gown. It made me feel much less "exposed." :) Good luck!

thanks for everybody's replies I find it helpful what about valuables like house keys and wallet do they have a locker or how do they secure phone and stuff while your having the operation. I figure after the operation they give you your stuff back and i can keep an eye on it.

This procedure will probably vary by hospital. At mine (It was a Legacy/Good Samaritan Hospital), they advise to bring as little as possible, especially valuables. Upon check in, they take any wallets and cash and put it in a lockbox. My clothes, phone, charger, etc, were in a little backpack and were bagged and tagged. They hung the backpack and my CPAP machine carrier onto my gurney so that it made the journey to the recovery room and post-op with me. It was all very easy. If you have a friend/spouse with you, they can take your bag and valuables, by the way. In my case I was alone so I used the hospital procedure. One of your pre-op phone calls will be from a nurse in your hospital, so check in on this procedure with the nurse. Hospitals might run this type of thing differently.

Upon check out, you get wheeled back to the front desk and sign for your wallet/cash etc. and then you are sprung from the hospital. While surgery is generally a rare occurrence for the general population, surgery and dealing with valuables, etc is a daily occurrence for them, so they have procedures to make everything go well. It went super smoothly for me! I hope it does for you as well.

Edited by Shells_Almost_There

thank you shells