Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible Stricture ahhh!

So guess what fellow sleevers after two months of vomiting I finally demanded tests be done and it looks like I have a narrowing happening ... Yay me :( I can eat sometimes but other times can't even keep down juice... They are saying they want to put a camera down my throat to check things out further (anyone else need that??) Any info from anyone who has experienced this would be great as I am scared at what's to come!!

Ohno! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this :( I applaud you for being your own best advocate and demanding the tests! Hopefully they'll be able to fix you right up and you'll get some relief soon.

I am curious though , since your profile page doesn't say when your surgery was -- how far out are you?

Hey I had surgery august 22nd so im 9 weeks I was hospitalized for nausea and vomiting for 2 weeks I did a ultrasound and found out my gallbladder was full of stones and sludge so I had surgery to remove it since then I have felt better but I still cant eat solids I have no taste for anything and after 1 bite I feel over full I have no strichers no issues with my sleeve they double checked it the only thing I drink with no prob is apple juice

I had surgery August 14th,.. I have had a Barium swallow which showed a narrowing my doc wants to discuss it with me Monday... I am not so thrilled about a camera being put down my throat :( I honestly avoid eating as I dread being sick. I am consuming very little and exhausted ALL the time!

Oh no! So sorry to hear. Hopefully though they'll figure out what's wrong and you'll get to feeling better. Sorry it's been tough so far

Have you had problems (vomiting) from the start or did it come on later? Have you been in contact with your surgeon about your issues? Do you feel your local doctors delayed diagnosis because you had surgery in Mexico? Sorry for all the questions but this is one of my fears.....

I sure hope you get relief soon.

I felt so good after surgery! No vomiting at all!! It started about a month after surgery. I contacted the coordinator tonight and let her know I will be faxing over my test results so he can look at them... I have been in contact with him off and on for about a month he was concerned about a stricture and requested I get a barium swallow so I insisted I get it when I saw my doc at home... I don't really think he is delaying things just with our health care system any tests take awhile to get in for. Not only have I been having the problem of vomiting but bowel issues as well which has made it very hard to work but I am managing... The worst is prob my energy level I find in the morning I can barely shower I am so drained.... I also find I can't eat or drink much before noon or it's just about a sure thing I will be sick.

i applaud you for advocating for yourself. i know what it is like to suffer complications. i hope you feel better and get the answers you need. please keep our community notified and i and i am sending you warm wishes

trish

So guess what fellow sleevers after two months of vomiting I finally demanded tests be done and it looks like I have a narrowing happening ... Yay me :( I can eat sometimes but other times can't even keep down juice... They are saying they want to put a camera down my throat to check things out further (anyone else need that??) Any info from anyone who has experienced this would be great as I am scared at what's to come!!

I had surgery Aug 27th. Felt great post op then about 1 month into it I started getting horrendous nausea and sometimes I vomit. I really thought this was just my stomach getting accustomed to food/healing because I have seen posts where folks have nausea/vomiting early-on post op. So was just dealing with it hoping it would get better as time progressed. I called and spoke with the RN today - she talked to the surgeon and they are talking endoscopy - see doc on Wednesday. Please keep me posted on how you are doing - you are in my prayers for the very best outcome.

Oh no cloud9 :( I am thinking and praying for you as well... Saw my doc today and I have an update... He thinks the valve separating my esophagus and my stomach was damaged and not working properly I also STILL have a hiatal hernia which was supposed to be fixed during surgery (I don't know if it came back or was never repaired properly) the doc put me on medication to try and get things to stay in my stomach... I honestly feel like if things don't change a hospital stay is in my near future :(... Has anyone else heard similar things after surgery from what I understand when the stomach valve isint closing its called GERD?? I am so lost... Really wondering if I did the right thing I DO NOT want gastric bypass and have a huge fear this is where my problems may be heading... Any feedback is so appreciated!

I have no information to share but wanted to wish both you and cloud9 the best as this gets sorted out for you both. Hang in there.

Oh no cloud9 :( I am thinking and praying for you as well... Saw my doc today and I have an update... He thinks the valve separating my esophagus and my stomach was damaged and not working properly I also STILL have a hiatal hernia which was supposed to be fixed during surgery (I don't know if it came back or was never repaired properly) the doc put me on medication to try and get things to stay in my stomach... I honestly feel like if things don't change a hospital stay is in my near future :(... Has anyone else heard similar things after surgery from what I understand when the stomach valve isint closing its called GERD?? I am so lost... Really wondering if I did the right thing I DO NOT want gastric bypass and have a huge fear this is where my problems may be heading... Any feedback is so appreciated!

Wish I had information that could help. Hoping someone with similar experience weighs in. So very sorry this is happening to you. Glad you have something to help keep food down. Did they give you prognosis for perhaps the valve healing/functioning again over time? Can they fix the HH or do something to remediate the valve? Or some milestone they are waiting for/watching before moving to next measure? I am scouring the internet, this website, and other WLS websites to see if I can locate anything about post VSG and the type of valve damage you describe. I hope they have some type of alternative to bypass. You are in my prayers.

I have been doing the same but haven't found much! Although the appointment answered some questions I almost feel like I have more then I did before... I hate how they rush you out of a doctors office!! I have an appointment next week to see if the meds are working if not then its scope time :( I also go for blood work tomorrow to check to make sure all my Vitamin levels are ok (which I'm sure there not!)