Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 day pre op liquid diet

Eye guys today is day 3 I got on the scale when I got home and I haven't lost a pound yet! I'm kind of pissed u haven't cheated at all. It's full liquid that's broth Jello Protein Shakes and sugar free popscicles when will I see a change? Actually on Monday my scale said 233 today it was 237??? What's the deal? Any input would help

Your body has gone into protective mode...Hang in there there is going to be a drop real soon....

By the way..I did the 14 day pre-op diet twice...I think you will have no trouble doing it once.....Stay strong!!!! :)

Your body has gone into protective mode...Hang in there there is going to be a drop real soon.... By the way..I did the 14 day pre-op diet twice...I think you will have no trouble doing it once.....Stay strong!!!! :)

Thanks! When did you start losing? Should I work out do you think that will help I'm going to ask my doctor at my meeting... Why did you do it 2 times I'm ready for day 4

the first time it was cancelled because an emergency came up and they needed my spot for someone else...So the day before I was called and told in two weeks I would have to start again...Did not bother me much...I had hoped that if something happened to me that someone else would give up there space...And it did happen to me and others had to be rescheduled...

I lost 27 lbs before my surgery...I did it by learning how to eat properly and used some of the techniques I was taught by the team before hand.

You can work out if you want..But I think your body is going to trick you up be being tired somewhat at this point...After the surgery you need to wait a while while you are healing....

Don' t stress about it...it will come off I promise!!!!

Stay strong. RJ is right - when you have such a sudden, drastic change in the calories you are consuming, your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to everything it can because it thinks you will are starving and need to conserve as much as you can. Once your body calms down a little, it will start to come off!

Eye guys today is day 3 I got on the scale when I got home and I haven't lost a pound yet! I'm kind of pissed u haven't cheated at all. It's full liquid that's broth Jello Protein shakes and sugar free popscicles when will I see a change? Actually on Monday my scale said 233 today it was 237??? What's the deal? Any input would help

I feel your pain...I started my preop diet yesterday...one week before I am supposed to. I thought it might help me get 'in the zone'. 10 minutes ago I was feeling like I might eat my lipstick mark off my Pepsi Max can! LOL I am over it now! :-)

Remember that this is preparation time and the skills in resistence that you learn now will be helpful to you after surgery and also give you a head start on your weight loss. This is what it is all about!!! :-)

Stick with it....you can do it!!!!!

It is probably a sign that you are keeping well hydrated and when your body is ready to let the 'water weight' go it will do so! Also, don't get too preoccupied with the scales...that can frustrate you and take the enrgey that you need to focus on pre-op!!

Power on!!

the first time it was cancelled because an emergency came up and they needed my spot for someone else...So the day before I was called and told in two weeks I would have to start again...Did not bother me much...I had hoped that if something happened to me that someone else would give up there space...And it did happen to me and others had to be rescheduled... I lost 27 lbs before my surgery...I did it by learning how to eat properly and used some of the techniques I was taught by the team before hand. You can work out if you want..But I think your body is going to trick you up be being tired somewhat at this point...After the surgery you need to wait a while while you are healing.... Don' t stress about it...it will come off I promise!!!!

Thanks soooo much thus really helped me

Stay strong. RJ is right - when you have such a sudden' date=' drastic change in the calories you are consuming, your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to everything it can because it thinks you will are starving and need to conserve as much as you can. Once your body calms down a little, it will start to come off![/quote']

How long will it take before it gets with it ?

I feel your pain...I started my preop diet yesterday...one week before I am supposed to. I thought it might help me get 'in the zone'. 10 minutes ago I was feeling like I might eat my lipstick mark off my Pepsi Max can! LOL I am over it now! :-) Remember that this is preparation time and the skills in resistence that you learn now will be helpful to you after surgery and also give you a head start on your weight loss. This is what it is all about!!! :-) Stick with it....you can do it!!!!!

Yeah I get it these days are so slow! I'm tired of these shakes

I a started 2day...n I'm going crazy...I'm all chicken brothed out!!! :(

Ohhhh girl I have been done with that broth literally I think of the Protein shakes as medicine and I need them to live I gulp them and flush it with Water and a popscicles and I'm done I don't want anything on that list ugh Tmo is day 5 it will be ok