Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGH

I told myself when I hit 50 pounds I would get myself a new pair of gym shoes. Hit 51 last week, bought a snazzy new pair of running shoes yesterday and wore them tonight for the first time. Got out of the shower to find the below. SERIOUSLY? My dog that doesn't eat anything decides to destroy my brand new sneakers? I feel like crying right now :(

Going to feel sorry for myself for the night. Thank you for allowing me to vent :)

post-65984-13838396692503_thumb.jpg

I told myself when I hit 50 pounds I would get myself a new pair of gym shoes. Hit 51 last week' date=' bought a snazzy new pair of running shoes yesterday and wore them tonight for the first time. Got out of the shower to find the below. SERIOUSLY? My dog that doesn't eat anything decides to destroy my brand new sneakers? I feel like crying right now :( Going to feel sorry for myself for the night. Thank you for allowing me to vent :)[/quote']

Wow so sorry to hear that-save the shoe it's still a great reminder of how far you've come

Congrats on the weight loss'

Oh NO!!! That's terrible, so sorry

Oh no! Poor you. Sending you virtual hugs. I do agree, save the shoe. It's still a mark of accomplishment.

Btw, congrats on the 51 lbs down! That's great.

Awwww Tiff I'm sorry.

Thanks, guys! You're right, I still hit my first milestone and just need to remember that! Thank you for reminding me :)

I'm going to contact Nike tomorrow and see if they sell just one shoe. Noooo idea if they do but ya never know!

Have a great night everyone!

So sorry about your shoe!! That is a good idea to call Nike! Hopefully they will be able to help you out. Congratulations on your 51 pounds you are doing great!! :)

You know what? I would take the shoes and the story back to the store and see if they might not take pity on you. Or even send pictures and the story to the shoe manufacturer, Nike? Once a bottle of perfume I got for Christmas was stolen before I'd had the chance to use it more than once, I emailed the maker the story and she sent me a new bottle!

You know what? I would take the shoes and the story back to the store and see if they might not take pity on you. Or even send pictures and the story to the shoe manufacturer' date=' Nike? Once a bottle of perfume I got for Christmas was stolen before I'd had the chance to use it more than once, I emailed the maker the story and she sent me a new bottle![/quote']

Yes, totally sending them that picture! Good idea Globe :)

Yes' date=' totally sending them that picture! Good idea Globe :)[/quote']

Tell them your story. Tell them you just lost 50 lbs and this was how you rewarded yourself. What better reason to get Nikes?

We will all keep our fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you :)

Tell them your story. Tell them you just lost 50 lbs and this was how you rewarded yourself. What better reason to get Nikes? We will all keep our fingers' date=' toes and eyes crossed for you :)[/quote']

Ain't too proud to beg, GG! I'll let you all know how it goes :) :)

Ain't too proud to beg, GG! I'll let you all know how it goes :) :)

So did you hear back from them?

I love how there's a chew bone right next to your shoe. Darn dogs...

Went back and forth with both Nike and Foot Locker (where I purchased them) and NEITHER were willing to sell one shoe or offer any kind of discount on a new pair. Not going to lie, I was definitely bummed.

So I went to Finish Line last week and bought a new pair. Sigh...

Went back and forth with both Nike and Foot Locker (where I purchased them) and NEITHER were willing to sell one shoe or offer any kind of discount on a new pair. Not going to lie, I was definitely bummed. So I went to Finish Line last week and bought a new pair. Sigh...

Idiots. So sorry :( but hey! You still earned it!