Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~March Chat!

Hey everyone

Thought I'd report in since I haven't been on for most of the month. I finally made it back in to the doctor on the 19. It was my first checkup since Nov, right before TG. I had been going once a month to that point. I officially lost only 6 lbs from Nov-March! It was so depressing. My doctor asked what I was doing and what was going on that I hadn't made it back in for followup appointments. I told him briefly about my sister and nieces' deaths and he then offered his condolences and 'patted me on the back' for having not gained! He said I easily could have gained back everything I've ever lost!!! Yikes! That was a scary thought. So I guess I'll consider it a blessing that a small loss is still a loss. He did give me another 1cc fill which brings me to 10.5cc. I have had more restriction but I find myself grazing on things that are easy to eat and that go down without problems. Sugars being one of them. I did go to a Chinese buffet and fill my plate once. I could hardly eat it. Two weeks before I went to the same restaurant and filled my plate and could have easily gone back for more. So I know the band is working, I just have to get my head working.

I did start walking again the week before my fill. I haven't been as faithful as I was before quiting in Dec because of the weather, but just getting back out there has helped heal my mind as well. I'm looking into a new bicycle too. I used to bike around town and take trips up to 30 miles long with a friend. I dread getting my butt back into shape for the rides though.

I am so proud of everyone for their continued losses! I'd love to see pounds come off in a week's time again. I sometimes feel those days are over for me. I have two friends that are going to pursue having surgery this year and I'm so excited for them, I hope to be a good example and inspiration for them as well.

Hey everyone! Haven't been able to get online because our 2.5 day blizzard has knocked out my internet. I'm stealing the neighbor's wireless signal right now. I tried to get a hold of my internet company, but they, along with the rest of the town, have been shut down since Wed. Hopefully I can get a hold of them to come fix me up before I go crazy! Right now I have to hold my laptop in the right angle on BOTH my kness and hope and pray that I don't lose the signal.

Anyway, my week has sucked. I haven't lost anything, haven't gained anything, but today I had a terrible PB out of the blue. I had a small piece of New York strip along with a small salad and some ice tea for dinner and all the sudden......oh, yuck! It all came back up! And the SLIME......not good. I don't know why, I've actually been feeling pretty good lately. Maybe it's just a reaction to all the stress from the storm this last week that finally caught up with me. (working where I do, snow...especially a whole lot of snow...is very, very stressful - especially when I had to run roadblocks to get home the Wed. and Thurs. -- I imagine they close roads for a reason??? LOL!)

Anyway, when I get my internet back up and running right, I will check in again!

Marz - Sooo happy to hear from you. Congrats on the weight loss. I'm very proud of you for handling everything that you have gone through in the last few months so well! You are an inspiration! Congrats also on getting the fill. I can totally relate to the grazing thing, it is a constant battle for me to avoid doing that. For example.. yesterday we had a very late lunch.. like 4:30. So I was hungry by 8:00 pm. Instead of having a small meal, I ate Funyuns(fake fried onion-ring chip things), part of a piece of pecan pie, and some raisinettes. Well that lasted about 30 minutes and then I was hungry again.. so I ate a small bowl of chili. If I had just eaten the chili to start with, I could have saved myself a few hundred calories! Geesh! When will I learn? In my defense I am PMSing! Marz- good luck getting started on your biking, you can do it!

Marci - great to hear from you. Sorry about the blizzard thing, I hadn't heard about that. What part of the country are you in? We have been experiencing extremely mild weather here in the southeast.. several days have been in the mid to upper 80's. Seems like we skipped right over Spring and went directly to Summer! So sorry about the PB, I've only had that happen once, but I am definitely not looking forward to another one. STRESS will do it! Mine happened during a stressful eating situation! Hope the snow melts soon.

Have a great week Maysters!

Checking in everyone. My unfill still going well. I've dropped 2.4 lbs. However it is now my TOM so I am hoping I don't eat the house this week. I am pretty loose right now. Hope you all are enjoying April so far. We are so close to our bandiversary!

WOOWZER Alicia what a pretty avatar. I am so glad you changed it. You really show off how pretty you are in this one.

Well I am now officially in the 230's. Been a long time since I have seen this low of a weight. I have lost almost 50 pounds so far.

I did FIVE minutes on the elliptical yesterday without stopping. My 16 y/o can only do three. ;)

Glad to hear everyone is checking in and doing well.

Has anybody heard from Paladin and 3loves? I wonder how their trip to Oklahoma went. Ya'll CHECK IN please!!!!

Myra

Good going Alicia! I can relate to TOM! I'm about to start so my band is VERY TIGHT today, but come tomorrow and the next few days it will be WIDE OPEN! Whats up with that?:omg:

Myra - keep up the great work, you are doing awesome!:clap2:

Paladin!!!! 3loves!!! Where are you guys?

Hello Everyone! Hey, Kim, I live in NE Wyoming. March and April have always been the worst times for blizzards. But when the snow melts, it is so GREEN!

I had a NSV on Sunday. We went up to Billings, MT (about 3 hours away) and since we were up there and they actually have a mall and clothing stores, unlike here where all we have is Walmart, I decided to look for a dress for my son's wedding. I found a beautiful skirt that was a large :) that actually fit without being tight or anything. Then I found a shirt that looked good with it. The sales lady brought me the shirt and another one with a bit different style. I tried on the one shirt and it was too tight across the chest and they brought me back an XL in both. I tried on the one and told the sales lady, "hmmm, no, I don't like it...." and she said, "well, no wonder, it's too big!" Too big??? AN XL too big???? It made my day. Needless to say, I found a nice white shirt to go with my pretty sage green skirt and I'm set for the wedding. The wedding theme is "a casual summer picnic" so the skirt and shirt are perfect. Now I just need shoes. We have to go back to Billings at the end of April and I will find my shoes then.

I didn't do my walk/run yesterday because I was building a chicken cage for my 6 chickens I bought last week. My DH isn't very happy with my chickens and they are getting too big to keep in a large tub in my laundry room much longer. They'll go into the storage shed in thier new enclosure until all the snow melts, then I will build them a chicken house. I wonder how long that will take since just building a 3x3x7 cage took me all afternoon and into the evening and I'm STILL not finished. I have to make a door for it still so I can get in and clean it out.

I just read back a few pages (I missed some with my internet down) and saw that we have a new challenge! I'll join in. May 1st is my bandiversery. That's about 6 weeks. So a pound a week will be 6 lbs. Sounds doable! That would get me under 190.

Have a great day!

Thank you Myra!

Myra and Marci you both are doing great!

I suspect Drews will post soon with an update on Roller Derby and possibly to make our new thread.

Oh yeah, by the way - I found out my insurance covers a version of tummy tucks!

Hey Duckie! Great to hear from you! Wow, I've never been to Wyoming or Montana, but I bet it is beautiful after the winter season is over. Everything here has bloomed.. dogwood trees, tulips, buttercups, etc. Now our weather is supposed to turn off cold again. Mother Nature can't make her mind up here in Tennessee.

Duckie- Congrats on finding an outfit for the Wedding! I love the theme! Congrats on the XL being too large, that is awesome! Good luck with the chicken coup, that would be a major undertaking for me, I wouldn't know where to begin to build it! I admire your abilities. Good luck on the Bandaversary Challenge, I know you can do it! BTW - 3 HOURS AWAY FROM A MALL?!?! I WOULD DIE!! I live about 7 minutes from a small mall and about 25 from the largest mall in Tennessee/Northern Georgia area. I would have a lot more money if I didn't live so close, though. Have a great day!

Okay I am bumping pretty close to 50 pounds lost. I have resisted trying on clothes to see if I have shrunk in sizes. But today my husband took off his sweat shirt (which used to be mine before I outgrew it) and I decided to see if I could wear it again. IT WAS TOO BIG!!!!!!!!!

So then I tried on a 2X sweatshirt and wasn't too small either.:)

I bought 4X shirts in Oct. 06 for a mini vacation and they are hanging on me.:)

Duckie good job on the wedding skirt. That sounds like it will be a beautiful wedding.

Too strange.

Myra

Yeah Myra!!!!!!!! It is wonderful to hit a goal isn't it?! Keep up the good work. I bought my first size 18 in years (friends had given me a few pair) and it was so awesome to buy something that I didn't think I'd ever buy again in my life. Enjoy the smaller sizes and relish the feeling of clothes that are too big.

Well I totally blew following any kind of bandster rules this weekend.

How did everybody else do over the holiday?

Myra