Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~March Chat!

Well folks my weightloss hasn't been as great as ya'll but I have to tell you I had a (for me) huge NSV yesterday:scared: .

I was able to work in my garden with my DH and do everything I wanted to do. :heh:

Now granted I have lost about 30 poundish in weight:omg: . But it has already impacted what I am able to do in my daily activities.:clap2:

It is really amazing.:girl_hug:

TTYL.

Myra

Myra - That's a great looking elliptical. Please let me know how you like it. I would love to have one. Congrats on the weight loss! You are doing great!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I just got back from vacation and have to run but thought I'd pop in and catch up.

:) YEAH Myra!! Gardening is a great workout. Did you get the elliptical yet?

Drews ~ Where's the derby pics? Have I missed them on another thread?

Fill happened today. Can you believe the fill is now at 3cc's?? Holy Cow!! So far so good. 3Loves now knows what it's like to have REAL restriction. Hope to report new numbers soon. :nervous

BTW, welcome back from vacation Linda. Hope you had a great time. :whoo:

Well the elliptical was assembled late yesterday afternoon and it is great. It even has a little fan in the console so I can point it toward my face if I get too hot. Which I am sure I will at first.:nervous

So today I plan on giving it a real workout.:clap2:

I will let ya'll know if I am able to walk tomorrow.:heh:

Kim I will update you in a week or so after I have given it some time. But from the look and feel of it so far I think I am really going to enjoy using it. :)

Drew's that looks like so much fun. I remember roller skating in a lifetime far far past. When I was about eight my mother had a red velvet dress made that looked like an ice skater's costume for me to roller skate in. I loved it.:clap2:

Tell 3loves to take it easy for a couple of days after that fill and let us know how things are going.:)

Myra

Hey guys! I went for my 9 month check up yesterday. They told me that they couldn't ask me to do any better, to keep doing what I'm doing. Guess what? I have now lost almost 4 feet! Below is the breakdown..

Neck -2.75 inches!

Arms - 10 inches!

Chest -9 inches!

Waist -13 inches!

Hips -12.5 inches!

(My thighs are waaay smaller now, I wish they had measured them in the beginning).

WOOOHOOO!!!!

Come on!!!! 2 MORE pounds to my St. Paddy's goal! 100 ounces of Water and 2 hours of exercise today!!! Let's get moving people!

Great pic Drews. :clap2: Is that other gal your sister? Gosh, she sure could be family as far as I'm concerned.

Myra ~ Enjoy that fan....I'm sure that will be one of your favorite features. It sure sounds like you got the "Cadillac" version. No problems to report on the fill. For the first time, 3L says she gets that full feeling very quickly. I think this fill was way past due.

Kim ~ Your melting....your melting!! You motivate me more than you'll ever know. We're all hitting the Water today b/c of you. Even the kids. They've been sick with ear infections. Not a fun time for the wifey. Water is under-rated, especially when your sick. For the most part, our kids drink water or milk with the occasional pop when eating out.

Keep on keeping on!!

:update:

This morning I hit 249.8. It has been a long time since I have been in the 240's.

I think my face looks younger. I kinda like this.:clap2:

I have lost 18 pounds in the last month.:heh:

Myra

Big NSV today! I pulled a pair of size 14 jeans out of my closet just to see how far I need to go to fit into them and I got them on......and zipped!

:faint:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Now, I wouldn't wear them out in public because they are a tad bit tight :( and they give me a serious muffin top, but just the fact I was able to zip them was amazing. :) Now, I'm working on getting into the size 14 levi's too. They are a bit smaller than the generic Walmart jeans. And not quite as stretchy. But I'm getting there.

All that walking/jogging and working on the treadclimber has paid off. I also went and got some stretchy cords from Walmart today to start working on my strength training. It's cheaper than going to the gym and just as effective. I have all the stuff here at home to get a good work out, so why am I paying for a gym membership? I think I'm going to cancel it since I'm not using it.

Myra!!!! Man, girl, you are doing awesome!!! Just amazing. Keep up the good work!:clap2:

Keep up the great work Myra :wow2: and Marci! You girls rock!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :(

Congrats to 3Loves on finally getting some restriction!!!!!!:cheer2:

:)

It sounds like everyone is doing great! I'm really glad to hear it.

I had a minor setback. I came home from vacation (10 days after my "slight" unfill) and had gained 10 pounds.:success1: The night before I weighed myself was my son's 11th bday and my mom cooked up a bunch of my favororites. I was able to eat a small salad, a 10 oz steak, a half cup of rice, 12-15 shrimp, and three helpings of dessert (2 peices of pound cake, 1 peice of anglefood cake w/whip cream & strawberries). :hungry:All this and I didn't even come close to a PB.:tired

Needless to say, I called my doc the next morning and made an appointment to get a little more saline put back in my band. At the appointment yesterday, he only aspirated about 2.2 cc. He thought I should have about 2.6 cc. I had been at 2.8 before the unfill. Anyway, he filled me back up to 2.6 and I think I have a good amount of restriction now. I was able to eat, actually eat (not drink) some Breakfast this morning so I think that I will be able to get in an adequate amount of calories now and hopefully achieve a good balance between calories and exercise.

Well, that's my update. Oh...and I have lost almost 6 of the 10 lbs I gained at Disneyland.:) I was soooo close to Onderland that it made me furious to go up that much. Especiall considering that, aside from the one meal I described, I wasn't eating that much!

Oh well, tha's life life with the band.

Happy St. Patty's day everyone. Needless to say, I won't be making my goal.:nervous