Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~March Chat!

March already?? Where has it all gone? We are now heading into 10 months if banding and I see some of us have reached goal already! Congrats Neal! You rock dude!!

I am now officially down 72 pounds. 208! 9 more pounds to onderland. March is going to be good to me.... I can feel it! Last May I was wearing size 22 pants and 3x tops. Today I am wearing size 16 skinny fit cords from Old Navy and a size XL top. The cords are being held up by a belt and this may be one of the last times I am able to wear them I am afraid. I do have some 14's that I can fit into very comfortably now! I am wearing a bunch of my hubbys sweaters and jackets as all of mine are huge on me now. Men's L fits me great!

I have been struggling the past week or so with life in general. As some of you know I injured my knee almost 4 weeks ago at derby practice. That has really kept me down. I haven't been able to practice or do much of any form of excercise. I had planned on getting into the gym starting last week and working on the stationary bike and doing some strengthening on my knees but I cam down with a terrible flu bug that wiped me out for a whole weel. I missed most of the week from work and barley had enough energy to make it to the bathroom from bed and back. My eating has slowed considerably to the point my hubby is concerned that I am not getting in enough calories. I have appeased him by adding a Protein drink to my daily diet and I admit, it makes me feel better. I am going to see my ortho doc today about my knee and hope to be back on skates next week. I think that alone will greatly improve my general well being.

I will get some new pics posted ASAP!!!

Peace. :)

Drews - Thanks for starting the new thread. I'm so sorry you've had such a tough time of late with the knee injury and the flu thing. Spring is upon us and I wish for you a wonderful beginning to a new season! I missed exercising all last week as well because of that stomach virus thing I had. I know how you feel! On to a better March! Good luck at the ortho doc, I hope you will be up and skating really soon!

WOW!! Can you guys believe we are rapidly approaching our first Bandiversary? I saw some friends of the family on Friday, I hadn't seen them since before my banding because they are working out of the state. Needless to say, their mouths flew open and they were almost speechless at how different I look. They were sooo sweet, and they made me feel sooo good. I wish I could see myself the way they saw me! I mean, I feel different, clothes are always too big, but when I look in the mirror, I don't SEE 101 lbs lost. Know what I mean? Will I always see the same ole' fat Kim?

Thanks Drews and thanks for putting up March's thread. You will be back and at em in no time! Kim - that must have been a great feeling. Way to go! :) Where has this year gone to?

WOW you guys are seriously making me cry.:think

I go TOMORROW to get the last of my dental work done. I can't believe it is finally going to be over. I never thought it would be so hard. Had I known I would definitely have had it before I had the band. But I didn't so I have to start now like a new bandster.

Drew my surgeon had me start tracking my Protein because he thought I wasn't getting enough. He was right. I am now eating about 60 Gms of Protein a day and feeling so much better.

I want to know if all of ya'll are going to desert LBT when you reach goal leaving me behind?:)

Congrats to everybody for doing so well.

Myra

Got a question for all of you females...Anyone having menstrual issues? I'm not talking the usual PMS, bloating, binging, cranky attitude things. I used to have a period every 4-5 months. The doctor was never worried, as long as I continued menstrating. Now, I'm 28 days on the nose, heavy, heavy flow and my Iron is very low. I can't even donate platelets at Red Cross (I used to give a double unit of platelets every 2 weeks) because it's so low. Even when I was younger and thinner, I was never 28 days! I remember having a heavier flow but nothing like it is now. Any thoughts?

Lengthy post ahead….

Hey guys checking in for March. I was getting pretty discouraged there for awhile because the weight has been really coming off slowly. Since my 4th fill on 2/13 I’ve dropped 5ish lbs and most of that was last week. I’m very close to the 85 lb mark! I think I am going to have to fight for these last 18 lbs to come off. I’m really focused on getting my daily Water intake now and that seems to be helping. I can now jog for 16 minutes too!

It’s amazing to think of where we were this time last year. Over the weekend I was going through my box of skinny clothes which was about half full. Almost everything fit me! Just about everything in there is a size 12…my main size during college. A friend of mine gave me some of her pants and jeans that she is too small for…they range from 10-14. Well just for fun, I tried on a pair of the size 10 pants. Much to my amazement they slid up over my hips, zipped and buttoned! Now I think I have a muffin top with them, so I won’t wear them until I lose another 5 lbs or so, but I actually slid into a pair of size 10 pants. Honestly when I started this journey I felt that if I got to 12-14, I’d be content. I never really thought I’d get into a 10! I’ve decided to postpone spring shopping until April. I can make do with what I have until then and I really would like to buy all 10’s when I go shopping.

My husband and I have decided to start doing something active together as a family at least once a week. This weekend I think we are going to buy a toddler seat for our bikes and take Harrison on a bike ride. It’s amazing how this surgery has benefited my entire family. 1 year ago this would not have happened because I wouldn’t be able to ride a bike. WOW!

To answer the questions about menstrual cycles…yes! Mine has been complete out of whack. Prior to banding I was every 28 days and it lasted about 1 week. Right after surgery it was coming every 21 days and lasting nearly 2 weeks. I went to my OB/GYN and he did an ultrasound to check for cysts and put me on progesterone – which did not help. He felt that it was due to the weight loss because evidently fat stores hormones so losing weight can knock your system out of whack. This month it was 26 days and right now it’s light but that could change. I think I am working my way back to normal.

Oh, my body hurts! My DH and I've been taking advantage of the nice weather and walking. Yesterday it was 2 miles.....not much but more than I've been doing lately and my body is protesting. For some reason my back hurts. Of course, I've been helping my DIL make invitations to the June wedding.....cutting paper, stamping, folding, embossing. That gets to my back too.

But, a little pain isn't going to stop me! I have lost nothing since V-day and St. Patricks Day is quickly approaching. I've got to kick it in gear if I want to wear a size 14 dress to the wedding. Would hate to be the mother of the groom wearing a mumu! Ha!

Hey Drew....thanks for starting this month's thread. I hope your knee is feeling good enough soon to get back on those skates!

:update:

I can skate again!!!!!! I am cleared to get back on skates just in time for Thursdays DollHouse training session! Had I not got hurt I would have completed training last month and been officially inducted into the league last week... but it's a no go for me. I have to go through the next 4 weeks of training and in addition make 2 extra practices and then I will be eligible to test in at the end of the month.

:crutch: is no more!!

Hello Friends!

I feel like a proud mom (and/or dad) when I read about all of you getting into the 12's, 14's, & 16's. Hey Myra, don't worry.....I'll be here with ya all the way girl! I'm convinced it will come off. Maybe not as fast as anticipated, but hang in there. Have you started the elliptical yet? I didn't care for it much myself when we joined the Y last year.

Kim ~ :omg: 101 lbs!! Woweeee!!! So glad your feeling better. We've had the phenergen in the house since the surgery and only needed it once. Have not experienced the vomiting yet and let's hope it stays that way. 3Loves gets her fill on Mon. I look for some serious changes after that. This will only be the 2nd fill since the surgery. Does it still feel like you've had a slip?

Drews ~ Hugs to you!! You are SUPER DUPER to keep the May group together. Thanks!! Glad to hear your back on your skates. I bet it was difficult to sit & watch. We wants pics when you are inducted.

Alicia ~ How does Harrison like the bike rides? We have 2 sons ages 4 yrs and on Sat our oldest will turn a whopping 6 yrs. He thinks this is the age where he he knows it ALL. :)

We are going as a family to OK in a few weeks to look at homes & visit schools. Edmond seems to be the front runner at this point. Our boys are really excited. Glad their young enough to make a major move like this without major impacts such as best friends or schools. I think it would be much more difficult if they were older.

paladin & 3loaves & family

Can't wait for ya'll to get down here to OK. We are practically going to be NEIGHBORS!!!

My elliptical will be delivered tomorrow and then I have to wait for the people who actually put it together to come to the house to do that.

So I think it will be probably a week or so before I can use it.

I confess that I don't really LIKE any exercise equipment. Since the elliptical doesn't require picking up and putting my feet down it is less painful to my ole diabetic feet (remember I have neuropathy in them so I have the way altered sensation).

So if it gets me moving in a more consistent pattern then I will do it.

You know, I thought I could do Water aerobics. But the class was just like a land fitness class as far as using my feet on the bottom of the pool. I seriously couldn't walk for about a week after my first class. I never went back, needless to say.

However, I do have good news on the weightloss front. I have lost 14lbs in the last 14 days. YEAH!!!!! Trust me I can actually start to tell it.

So onward and upward.

Myra

Myra - Congrats on the 14 lbs! That's great! What kind of elliptical did you order? Have fun with it! I love elliptical machines. I would love to have a Precor one like I use @ the gym, but it costs like $5,000.

Paladin - Good thoughts headed your way regarding that 2nd fill! Remind me, how many cc's in the first fill? I have 2.5 cc in mine now, and I definitely have restriction! I'm feeling pretty good now.. I am NOT having any symptoms of a slip, thank goodness! Hope you have a very productive trip to Oklahoma!

Drews - kick some roller derby butt, girl!

Alicia - Congrats on getting into that size 10! Have fun with your family activities, that is a wonderful thing!

Marz - My cycles were out of wack the first several months after surgery (2 cycles a month), but now I seem to back to my 28 day cycle. I've been told the hormones stored in fat cells theory as well. Makes sense to me!

Later Maysters!

Ya'll are doing great guys!

Alicia - congrats on your clothes NSV. THats awesome!

Drews - Glad the knee is better.

Paladin - Good luck with your upcoming move. Edmond is nice (at least 13 years ago when we lived there :o

And Myra - 14 pound in 2 weeks is incredible! Congrats.

I can't beleive how great we are doing as a group.

Kim here is a link to the elliptical I am getting. It should be here anytime today.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

http://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_12401_10301_30951_-1_19053

I can't wait.

Great news on the knee Drew.

Marci are you running three miles?

Thanks for the encouragement Neal and Kim. I might even think about putting a ticker back in my sig.:confused:

Just a quick update on my dental work. My partial plate was incorrectly made. The lower teeth didn't meet the upper teeth. So it has to go back to the lab to be remade.:angry However, the good news is when I popped it in I could talk normally. The dentist was concerned that it would be loose and I would have some difficulty speaking and chewing. Like the trouble folks with lower dentures have.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Myra