Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beware the email hackers/scammers

Anyone else received a dodgy email today like the below, requesting that you respond to someone offline and with your private email address?

"hello dear, my Name is miss ******* i am here to seek for your friendship please contact me to tell you more about me (*********@yahoo.com)please my good lovely friend do not contact me in this site try to contact me in my privet Email id with your own contact Email address,"

If you have, I wouldn't respond to it. I disliked the look of it so much, I reported it. Looks decidedly like an intro to email hacking/scamming/419 fraud.

Revs x

I get that crap all the time. They are in just about every social forum there is. It is a religious sect try to convert you to there way. I suggest a really spicy reply!! ;)

I haven't but will keep an eye out. Thanks for the heads up.

I get that crap all the time. They are in just about every social forum there is. It is a religious sect try to convert you to there way. I suggest a really spicy reply!! ;)

Are you serious?! Oh no! I wish I hadn't reported it now.. I could've have some serious fun! BOOOO!

Are you serious?! Oh no! I wish I hadn't reported it now.. I could've have some serious fun! BOOOO!

LOL Give it some time they will be back!! They always are! :)

'You can have a million dollars.. I have 200 million in an offshore account.. sadly, I need $350 dollars to process the paperwork to receive the money. If you send that to my bank account, I will send you a million dollars on release of the funds.' ........

Gotta love the 419......

I only respond to the ones that offer me a million dollars or come with a naughty picture :P

What is your email address? I don't have a million dollars but I can take some naughty pictures if you like. I read Big Country's book.

I only respond to the ones that offer me a million dollars or come with a naughty picture :P

What is your email address? I don't have a million dollars but I can take some naughty pictures if you like. I read Big Country's book.

You guys need to start a comedy duo and go on tour! :lol:

I already offered that to her. I can talk without my lips moving' date=' but she doesn't want to play her part.[/quote']

That's because you are just trying to find ways for me to sit on your lap again..,,

Edited by laura-ven

That's because you are just trying to find ways for me to sit on your lap again..' date=',[/quote']

Well can you blame me? It was so fun the first time.

Am I the only one still laughing about a "privet" email?

There was a bunch of spam on the forum last night. I tried to report it but the button didn't work.