Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so angry at my pharmacy. They have a policy that if you don't pick up an Rx in 7 days it goes back in the bin and you have to re-request it. We know this policy well. We called in all 4 of our Rx's between hubby and I on the same day. 2 days later he went to pick them up, they said that one of them needed refills confirmed from our doc's office and that our doc hadn't responded to their faxes, and that they had sent several. So I called our doc's nurse and left her a message explaining the situation. She looked into it and called me back. SHE YELLED AT ME! and treated me rudely, calling me a liar but not in those exact words. She said they never faxed her and that they told her they never faxed her, and that I still had 3 refills and why was I bothering her busy day! You don't mess around with someones anti-depressants that's for darned sure. My poor kids have gotten the bad end of the stick as I have not had my ususal level of patience and now I don't know if I ever want to go back to my doc's office if his nurse who I thought was a family friend of ours could treat me like that. Meanwhile I want to tear into that pharmacy for causing these problems. Thanks for listening anyone who read this to the end. I just felt I needed to get it out of my system somewhere. I can't vent to my hubby and I don't have my mom anymore. She would always let me vent to her till it was all out of my system. :think

I'm so sorry----it can be so frustrating. And believe me very few have ever had the problems with the Dr.s nurse that I have. She has never called me a liar to my face, but she has talked back to me, ignored me, rolled her eyes at me.....oh yeah did I forget to mention---she is my daughter????? Which lucky for me keeps me from having issues like this you are dealing with. I read her your post to remind her to treat people right!

She said mention it to your Dr. She said her head would be on a platter if anyone complained about her acting like that!

I hope you get your meds. I am so glad you realized you could come here and find support for ANYTHING!!! Not just band issues. I can't replace your Mom, but I am willing to listen any time.

Now that I am in the*** Mom mode****.....I know it doesn't forgive her actions, but if you saw the nurse as a family friend---maybe you need to check in and see WHY she behaved that way---she may be going through something terrible too. I once got totally pissed at a friend for ignoring a request I made from her. I was a room Mom, and had called asking for her usual help in a school function, and never heard back from her, I called back asking if she was still planning on bringing the things she said she would. The day of the school party, she never even showed up, let alone bring what she said she would. Come to find out, she had her younger son in the hospital with a cancer diagnosis, and she lost him several months later. I felt so petty worrying over sandwiches, when she was facing that. Years later, I faced my own cancer diagnosis, and wonder who I offended in my days of living in a haze. If you truly felt she was a friend, look into it a little deeper. If she has something going on--be her friend even if she can't be yours right now. And if nothing is going on with her, you know she is not the reliable type of person you need in your life, and then I would speak with the Dr. But then when you do speak to him, you can honestly say you tried to find out if there was a problem with her. ***Ok, I'll back out of Mom Mode ***now!!!

(((HUGS)))) Hope your day goes uphill from here!

Molly, vent away! That's why we're all here.

I'm a pot-stirrer, I'd be calling the pharmacy and asking to see the proof of the faxes sent and make sure they went through. If they did, then I'd be calling that so-called friend and giving her a piece of my mind and making darned sure that she knew I don't accept that kind of treatment just because we have a friend relationship instead of just a professional one.

I agree with you, I'd be steaming mad as well.

I've had the same thing happen, more than once. After I get my bearings, I have fun grilling everyone, if I have the time. I think sometimes people get so busy that they forget how they look and act to others. I give them a mirror...if I have the time to mess with it.

"Now, I just want to find out what happened so I'll know how to handle it in the future. Pharmacy, please show me the fax verifications. I'll need to know date and time and that it was verified received. No? You don't want to do that? Well, I'll need it for my records because my doctor has accused me of lying about it. Doc's office, here's what I have written down about what you said to me when I called to follow up on this. Is there anything else you can recall that was said to me. I just need to get it straight since I got in the middle of a miscommunication between you and the pharmacy and I don't want to do that again.

I stick with it and talk slowly and use up their time until I have everything I can get about what happened. Then I write letters to all parties concerned detailing what I have found out and asking how they would like situations like this handled in the future.

Usually by then, they are speaking solftly, and I have never raised my voice either.

A thought occured to me tonight, Is it against patient privacy laws for the pharmacy to tell my doc's nurse that we have been late picking up prescriptions? Because frankly I feel it is none of my doctors business when I choose to pick up my meds, and it chaps my hide that they said thaot to anyone. I know they told her because she couldn't have known that any other way.

I had a problem with one of the receptionists at my dr's office (like 10 years ago) she was so rude and everytime I called for an appt she acted like I was putting her out because I had called. Finally one day I had enough so when I went in to see the dr I told him she was the rudest person I had ever met and if anyone came in with high bp it was probably from dealing with her..blah blah blah... from that day forward she was the sweetest one in the office - to me anyway. Tell your doctor.

My guess is that they CAN say that kind of stuff, although I don't know why they would bother. They can certainly tell a Dr. if someone is getting pain meds from other Drs....

I just thought I'd update you all.

So, before I called her she finally responded to a fax from the pharm. When I called her she had already responded and they had the Rx waiting for me. Bottom line is that the Pharm was telling the truth and she wasn't! We checked with the pharm and they told us the links that made it all fit. They stated all their faxes to the doc's office and the day and time and they told us what they told her, which is not what she said that they said (if that makes any sense). I was too upset and emotional to call her myself especially since she is one of my DH's clients with his business. So my DH called and left her a message stating what the call was for and surprise surprise it's been almost a week and she hasn't called us back! I really hope she is squirming and feeling sorry for the way she treated me that *#@%!

Molly~

I understand your situation......I'm glad you got it taken care of.

I had the same thing happen between a Drs office and insurance. I have rhumetoid arthritis. The meds I take are $1500.00 (thats right one thousand five hundred dollars) for 2 shots. So, it has to be preauthorized by the insurance. I have to take shots at least once a month or I am barely able to walk. It took almost 2 months to get my meds preauthorized. The insurance said they faxed the Dr over and over. When I called the Dr's office the nurse was very rude to me and yelled at me for bothering her and blamed the insurance. I was in horrible pain and she made me cry. I called the next day and accidentally got the Dr on the phone. I told him what had happened, he basically told me if I did not like his staff to find a new Dr. Within 10 minutes I got a call from someone else in his office got my meds and changed Drs ASAP!!!!

I have done well on Humira. I am a stress freak so this past year has not been real good health wise. However, the arthritis is doing pretty good right now...LOL!! The Dr I have now turns everything in on time it's approved and done in about 24 to 48 hours. Makes a huge difference when you don't have to worry about the Dr getting paperwork done.

Molly---after realizing this post and the other, about you being tired, and cold were posted by the same person---I am wondering, if you think maybe the nurse at the Dr.'s office failed to give you info on any of your tests, or if you thought the 2 things might be related?

Kat

I figured out tonight they are related. I went off the handle at my husband multiple times today. We didn't have the money for the meds when the Rx thing finally got settled so my hubby is picking them up tomorrow. One is an anti depressant, I have that one, the other that got messed up is my mood stabilizer. I didn't realize that missing just one for a couple of weeks would be so traumatic but I guess it was. Normally I can go for short periods without one or the other and be fine (emphasise short) but with my mom's death I think it was just too much for me to deal with without all my medicine. I think it is causing my jumpiness, tiredness, crankiness, etc. thankfully tomorrow once that med is in me I will start feeling better within 24hrs. Within three days I should be fairly close to being normal again. It's amazing when you your are in the situation you can't always see what is happening till it reaches a breaking point. As for the nurse and any test results my doc takes care of those himself and I trust him completely. She on the other hand does all the refill stuff.

Well I'll tell ya when I realized the 2 posts were both yours, cold chills went down my spine wondering if someone was purposely messing with your meds---that is a scary thought!

I am glad you figured out what the cause is. Just knowing that will ease your edginess, and knowing the meds will be kicking in soon. I am really glad you figured it out.

I still think you should speak with the Dr. about it, and use a bright red marker and mark her off the "friends" list!!!!

Hang in there---you are on your way back to the normal world---til then---we are here!

Kat