Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little NSV.. or two...

So, I'm in reasonably nice food hall, which belongs to a major brand in the UK; picking up a couple of nice bits to munch on for the weekend. Noticing that my food bill has been slashed dramatically in the process and since this thang..

Anyway, I decide to exit through the clothing bit and spot a dress on sale. I think 'hmm, that's nice. Do I really 'do' lace though? Besides, is it be big enough?'. I ummed and ahhed over it for about 5 minutes - purely because I didn't want the embarrassment of getting it stuck over my shoulders cause it was too small. Anyway, after lots of mental debating, i decided to try it on. It fit.

I didn't get it as it happened, because the lace aspect did my head in.. But as I left and trotted on down the high street, I couldn't help but walk into another lovely dress shop. Found a jacket I really liked. Lady approached me and said 'May I help you?'. I replied with 'Umm, yeah.. Do you have this jacket in a size 20-22 please?' She looked me up and down as if I'd come from Mars and replied 'Erm, you don't need that size my dear. You need a 16-18.'

I have been neither of those sizes for nearly 15 years...

I can see that THIS might be a problem in the future. I could be a size 14, but will still see a size 22-24 in the mirror.... I may have to work on that.

In the meantime... size 16-18?! I'll bloody take it! Yipppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

According to my dietician, your brain and your eyes will eventually get it together and you will see your true self....

But for now, it's pretty fan-bloody-tastic when you get the size wrong - and it's too big. Spent years buying the wrong size and it was always too small... I was a UK 20-22 at the end of April, now a 12. Not sure when I will get used to it but I am loving it. :-))))

So you work it, girl, and enjoy, it will just get better and better!

Edited by Indigo1991

Thank you, love. I think I'm still in a bit of shock! Nice shock though!

Roll on Christmas. I'm going to dress like a proverbial lady of the night! :D

Congrats!!!!! I am a US 18 - 20 and can't wait to be a 10 - 12!!!! I hope, in a small way, that I have the same problem as you!!! Not seeing myself as thin!!!!

What an awesome feeling!!!! Happy dress shopping :):):)

I know the feeling. I bought a coat on sale online it was a great deal ordered a size 18 thinking I would soon be able to fit into it. It came in and I had to send it back it was way to big, how did that happen? I see the numbers go down on the scale but somehow it doesn't translate in my head to a smaller size. Guess I will have to go into the stores and try stuff on.

Madam R, I can't wait to see the Christmas pics ha ha ha! I

I feel I am already dressing like that, lol, knee-high suede high heeled boots, shorter skirts and cleavage. Was at a black tie dinner last night with plunging frock - was described as "smoking hot" by guy 15 years younger..... Ooh! Six months ago, I would have said I would continue to dress like my granny but I think I am making up for many lost years with my refined hooker look. ;-)))))

Edited by Indigo1991