Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, My name is Lori and I was banded by Dr. Michael Johnell at Northern Colorado Medical Center on Feb 15th. This was an amazing experience that I do not regret. The entire staff has been great and the hospital is top notch.

I went into the surgery with alot of positive motivation. I was told to lose 10% of my weight overage which was 16# and ended up losing 19#. This was to help in removing some excess fat around the organs making it easier to do the surgery. At the time of surgery I weighed 277 and am already down to 262. I feel good generally speaking but am having some problems with Constipation. I need to focus on my water/fluids to help with that. I am exercising everyday and am already a little concerned that I haven't lost anymore weight for about a week. My first fill will be March 26th. My nurse said that is when I will start seeing some more weight loss.

My biggest supporter and task master is my husband Larry. He watches everything I do and makes sure I get my nuterients in. He is terrific.

Anyone wanting to talk let me know.

Hi Lori!!!

So you were banded in CO do you live in the area? I used to, and still have family all over the state. We are in New Mexico now.

It is pretty normal for weight to drop rapidly then slow or stop for awhile. I understand your body is holding on with all it's got, as it thinks it is being starved! And in comparison to how we ate pre-banding---it is! More Water will help with the Constipation, and if you continue to have problems, talk with your Dr. mine recommended a stoll softener for awhile, until my body adjusted to my new eating style.

You may see and feel a difference with your first fill, or it might not seem like much of a change. My first one, made me slow down, and begin eating smaller bites for sure! I thought I was already eating the bandster way, but without any restriction, I had slowly slipped back into some quick eating habits. My first fill while not giving me much restriction in amount I could eat, made me chew nd slow down. I had a second fill a month after the first, and then I got good restriction. I had it over 7 months ago. I find myself sometimes able to eat more, but not always, so am not intending another fill for awhile yet.

It is so good you have a supportive husband, I do not know what I would do without mine! He too is right there beside me encouraging, and it is so helpful!! He is always telling me when he hugs me how much smaller I feel. I don't know if he gets tired of saying it, but I haven't got tired of hearing it yet!!!

I began at 289 pounds and am now as of this morning at 202. I wore a 22/24 pants, and now wear a 14.Tops have been slower losing sizes---I have always heavy or thin been top heavy--but I have gone from a 28/30 or 3X to a X large, or a 18/20 in most styles. I tend to still buy my clothes too big. I have to take someone with me, I have issues seeing myself as changed.

I look forward to following your progress----it is an amazing help in losing this weight.

Tell us all about you--

Kat

Kat,

Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't expecting it. I have been adding flax oil for my hair but I did hear that it helps with the bowel. I've also starting adding some wheat germ to my meals as well as Benefiber. Today I've already had about 24 ounces of Fluid and will probably have another 24 before the day is out. In talking to my nurse she said that my body was probably in shock by all of the protien and to slow down. I know it sounds gross but right after I posted my note I did use the restroom. Yahoo! This is after 4 days of nothing. I also took a quick mile walk around town. This was to make me feel good. I'm back to full time tomorrow so I intend to walk at lunch. I know the weight will come off I also have to train myself to eat like a bandster and not gulp my food. If I do, I get a big lump in my throat.

Congratulations on the weight loss! That is awsome! Keep me posted to how you are doing. I would love to hear about it.

I live in a little town called Pierce which is about 20 miles north of Greeley where I had my surgery. Everyone I know here is keeping an eye on the progress so I know it wil be interesting and fun.

Take care now and have a great week ahead.

Wow, Kat, that sounds so amazing..............going from a 22/24 to a size 14. i'd love to see a size 14 again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a cousin who just moved from Greeley to Kersey. I also have family in Meeker, and several (make that LOTS) scattered around Denver and the surrounding area. Some down in Cortez, others in Colorado Springs....all over CO. I was born in Boulder.

My fill Dr. is in Canon City, he also operates in Pueblo.

You guys will both see a size 14 again---and less!!! It takes awhile, but it is sooooo worth it!!!

Kat