Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suppliments/ vitamins question

Ok now that we are all on this journey any advice on how your doing all the supplements/vitamins it seems like I'm sticking pills in my mouth ever 2 hours :( what are you guys taking and how/ when ????

Here is my schedule:

First thing...hot liquid, 2 horse pills, ie: bariatric chewable vitamins, bp med, prevacid, zyrtec. 2 hours I do one chewable Calcium with Vit D..sugar free chocolate..a little sweet fix, Biotin and B12 sublingual. Bedtime...repeat calcium and good to go for the day.

For Vitamins & supplements I take:

morning - 1 Trader Joe's chewable high potency multi-Vitamin, 1 sublingual B12, 1 Vitamin D supplement

afternoon - 1 Iron slow-release pill

evening - 1 Trader Joe's chewable high potency Multi-Vitamin, 1 chelated zinc tablet, 1 Biotin, 1 chewable probiotic, 1 Citracal petite.

It looks like a lot, but I just get a week's worth lined up in my AM/PM pill organizer and make it part of my daily routine.

Did your surgeons recommend taking them staggered through out the day?

No...I just knew I couldn't take the Calcium and multi Vitamin togeter...

Wake up 2multi capsules and 2 Calcium and 2 fishoil

lunch 2multi capsules and 2 calcium and one probiotic

dinner 2 calcium

Bedtime: 1 Iron 3 days a week. (I don't need it every day)

I can take my multi and calcium together because my multi does not contain iron.. I take a separate Iron pill before bed.

Edited by SerendipityHappens

I take my Multivitamins in the morning, along with a B-12. At night, I take multivitamins, Calcium, and Vitamin D...none during the day. This is what my dr/nut suggested.

I take one Viactiv Chew Multivitamin in the morning (does not contain Iron). I also take one 600mg Caltrate +D, twice a day, with lunch and dinner. The NUT told me this helps with absorption of Vitamins and minerals from the food I eat.

Since I am pre op, I have not yet taken the Vitron C Iron supplement or the Vitamin B 12. I was told to make sure that I do not take the Iron supplement with the Calcium as the absorption of both will be affected

Are a lot of you taking more than one multi Vitamin A day? My doc said I just need to take one flinestone one a day. I take one flinestone, one B12, one probiotic, one b1, and two fish oil.

Edited by butterfly_gal