Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

uk wls support.

Hi everyone, just to let you no, I am a co-ordinator for a wls support group here in the uk. I HAVE A LIST OF GROUPS ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY. Please feel free to pm me, if you need details of a group near you.

Fay:D

Hi Mrs D,

My surgery date is April 2nd. Is there a weight loss support group in Dorset or near by?

Thanks

Hi Sarah, There is a Bospa support group in Newton Abbott, and Taunton. They meet on a Sunday afternoon. They charge £20 life time membership and a pound each vist.

There is also

Hampshire support group meetings take place on saturdays between 11-30am & 3pm with occaisional tuesday evening meeting.

The meetings are a combination of informal chats and formal speakers.

The venue is,

BUPA Hospital Portsmouth,

Bartons Road,

Havant,

Hampshire.

PO9 5NP.

Tel no 023 9245 6000 this one.

There is the one I run In Bristol well just out side off the m5. We meet the second Saturday of each month around 7pm at the Lamb and Flag Cribbs Causeway. And its free!.

Any help/

fAY

Thanks so much Mrs D, I'd really like to attend a meeting before my op (4 weeks time) as Im sure Id get so much from it (re info & support).

Cheers :myscared:

Goodluck with your wls. Just pm me if I can b of any help.

Hi Mrs D,

Nice to hear fm you.

Is there any Support group around Basingstoke?

MRSA in your port wound. OMG!!! R u feeling ok now? When did that happen? Was it in yr early days after u had an op, or while there were doing one of your fills? Pls tell us more. But that aside, u r doing fantastic having lose so much weight. Definately an inspiration to us all.

Hi Mrs D,

Nice to hear fm you.

MRSA in your port wound. OMG!!! R u feeling ok now? When did that happen? Was it in yr early days after u had an op, or while there were doing one of your fills? Pls tell us more. But that aside, u r doing fantastic having lose so much weight. Definately an inspiration to us all.

MEETING DATES FOR CENTRAL LONDON

SUPPORT GROUP 2007

First Meeting Sat 17th March, 2-4pm, and then the 3rd Saturday of every month following.

venue. 30 DEVONSHIRE lONDON W1G6PU.

The Marybone high st end.

would this be any good for you?

Hi Mrs D,

Nice to hear fm you.

MRSA in your port wound. OMG!!! R u feeling ok now? When did that happen? Was it in yr early days after u had an op, or while there were doing one of your fills? Pls tell us more. But that aside, u r doing fantastic having lose so much weight. Definately an inspiration to us all.[/quote

Hi as you can see the nearist one to you I think I no its quite a way but at the moment there dont seem to be a nearer one. Sorry my georaphy at the moment is a bit stale, due to mrsa, Is Oxford near you as they were talking about starting one there.

Thanks for the interst re Mrsa. I got it 14mths ago when i first had my band put in.

I was self funding. Had it put in at the local Nuffield hosp. Got mrsa within days in the port wound. Port came out compleatly hanging between me boobs!:embarassed:

Anyway, they managed to clear up mrsa after port removed in second op.

Then had new port put in (I had to pay for it) 24hrs after Mrsa again. Now about to loose band unless I can clear mrsa but nothing so far has worked.

Mrs D

Hi as you can see the nearist one to you I think I no its quite a way but at the moment there dont seem to be a nearer one. Sorry my georaphy at the moment is a bit stale, due to mrsa, Is Oxford near you as they were talking about starting one there.

Thanks for the interst re Mrsa. I got it 14mths ago when i first had my band put in.

I was self funding. Had it put in at the local Nuffield hosp. Got mrsa within days in the port wound. Port came out compleatly hanging between me boobs!:embarassed:

Anyway, they managed to clear up mrsa after port removed in second op.

Then had new port put in (I had to pay for it) 24hrs after Mrsa again. Now about to loose band unless I can clear mrsa but nothing so far has worked.

Mrs D

Hi Mrs D,

London and Oxford is stil quite a way from me. Reading and Winchester would be nearer if there is any around. Doesnt matter, Im doing ok with this lapband forum.

Im truly sorry to hear re what have to and are still going through. I think the right thing to do now is to get your MRSA clear, as it can be life threatenning. As u hv done so well losing nearly 9st, hopefully yr eating behaviour would have changed the last 18months, and you wont put on too much after they take the port out to clear yr MRSA. Once its done, if you consider going for another lap band, do try Elysea in Belgium. Its around £4k and the hospital is really really clean.

Good luck to you.

Hi would you know of any support group in the North West of England around the Preston area?

You have done so well to loose 10stone with all the complications you have experienced!!!

Hi would you know of any support group in the North West of England around the Preston area?

You have done so well to loose 10stone with all the complications you have experienced!!!

Hi, There is a group! hope the info can help.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------North West Meetings are held on a combination of Tuesdays and Thursday between 7pm 10pm, with the occaisional Saturday meeting.The meetings are a combination of informal chats and formal speakers.The venue is Greenbank Sports AcademyGreenbank LaneLiverpoolL17 1AGTel 0151 280 7757Greenbank is fully accessible and we have been meeting there for over a year and the staff and other users are very friendly.Click Here for Directions The group co-ordinator is Ken Clare ken.clare@wlsinfo.org.ukDETAILS OF FORTHCOMING MEETINGSSaturday 28th January 2006 2-5pm and then afterwards for food and drink.All Meetings 7-10 Greenbank Sports Academy.Thursday February 23 InformalTuesday March 28 Surprise Travellers TalesThursday April 27 TBCTuesday May 30 TBCThursday June 22 TBCTuesday July 18 TBCThursday September 14Saturday October 14 (Hosting AGM 2- Late)Tuesday October 24Thursday November 23Thursday December 14Good luck.Mrs D__________________

Hi there!

I would love to attend a support group in the Gloucestershire area, if there is one!!!!

Hi there!

I would love to attend a support group in the Gloucestershire area, if there is one!!!!

Hi, there is a group at the Nuffield Celtenham which meet on a Sunday afternoon the first sunday of each month.But there are a lot of people that come down the M5 to my group which is this Saturday. I may be bias but out group is brill.Fay

Oh thats excellent as I live in cheltenham, I wasn't even aware they had one here!!!

What I'll probably do is go to the Cheltenham one most of the time but come along the Bristolone every couple of months or so.

I can't wait to be able to actually talk, face to face with someone about the band as I don't personally know ANYONE who has had this done.

Thanks Mrs D you have made my day, your a star!!!!:o

X Katie

Hi Katie, If you ever want to speak pm me and I will let you have my home phone number. You need to check the time with the nuffield, that i am not sure of.Mrs D